Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Difficult transposing of data from profiles blocks Post 302699401 by Chubler_XL on Tuesday 11th of September 2012 02:19:04 PM
Old 09-11-2012
How about this update:

Code:
awk '
    FNR!=NR&&FNR==1 {
        printf "MSISDN,IMSI,STATE,NAM"
        PROCINFO["sorted_in"] = "@ind_str_asc"
        for(i in tags) printf ",%s", i;
        printf ",VLR ADDRESS,STATE,SGSN NUMBER,STATE\n"
        split("",psd);split("",ld);split("",si);nam="";vs="";ss="";sgsn=""
    }
    $1=="NAM" {nam=$2}
    $1=="SGSN NUMBER" {gsub(/ *$/,"",$2);sgsn=$2;ss=$3}
    /^SUBSCRIBER IDENTITY/ { split($3,si," ")}
    /^LOCATION DATA/ { split($3,ld," "); vs=$4}
    /^PERMANENT SUBSCRIBER DATA/ {
        v=split($0,vals," ");
        for(i=3;i<=v;i++) {
           p=index(vals[i],"-")
           if(p) psd[substr(vals[i],1,p-1)]=substr(vals[i],p+1)
           if(p&&FNR==NR) tags[substr(vals[i],1,p-1)];
        }
    }
    /^END/ && FNR!=NR{
        printf "%s,%s,%s,%s",si[1],si[2],si[3],nam
        for(i in tags) printf ",%s", psd[i]
        printf ",%s,%s,%s,%s\n", ld[1], vs, sgsn, ss
        split("",psd);split("",ld);split("",si);nam="";vs="";ss="";sgsn=""}
    ' FS="\n" RS="" infile infile

Edit:
The line with PROCINFO is to sort columns by name
this will only work with gnu awk;
other awk implementations will have unsorted columns.

Last edited by Chubler_XL; 09-11-2012 at 03:41 PM..
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Chubler_XL For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete blocks with no data..

Hi, I tried this but could not get it... here is what I need I have an xml where I get all the data in blocks but some times I get empty blocks with no data...shown below..I need to delete only those blocks with no data, I tried couple of ways but could not do it..any help is appreciated...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting blocks of data

Hello all, Below is what I am trying to accomplish: I have a file that looks like this /* ----------------- xxxx.y_abcd_00000050 ----------------- */ jdghjghkla sadgsdags asdgsdgasd asdgsagasdg /* ----------------- xxxx.y_abcd_00000055 ----------------- */ sdgsdg sdgxcvzxcbv... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfredo123
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transposing data output

Hi, I've just created a shell script that produces the following output: hd1 hd3 hd9 /optnonaix/esp /optnonaix/app/oracle /u06 (564.67) (675.97) (678.90) I would like the output to be as hd1 /optnonaix/esp (564.67) hd3 /optnonaix/app/oracle (675.97) hd9 /u06 (678.90) Need some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bazzabogan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to split this file into blocks and then send these blocks as input to the tool called Yices?

Hello, I have a file like this: FILE.TXT: (define argc :: int) (assert ( > argc 1)) (assert ( = argc 1)) <check> # (define c :: float) (assert ( > c 0)) (assert ( = c 0)) <check> # now, i want to separate each block('#' is the delimeter), make them separate files, and then send them as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: paramad
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

transposing square matrixs or blocks in a big file

Hi I do have a big file of the following format a b c d e f g 2 3 5 6 6 6 7 3 4 5 6 7 9 0 4 5 7 8 9 9 0 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 3 5 6 7 2 3 4 5 6 7 4 3 2 4 5 4 5 6 3 5 5 r h i j k l m 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 4 5 7 8 9 9 0 3 5 6 7 2 3 4 2 3 5 6 6 6 7 5 5 7 8 9 2 3 1 2... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help for a Perl newcomer! Transposing data from columns to rows

I have to create a Perl script which will transpose the data output from my experiment, from columns to rows, in order for me to analyse the data. I am a complete Perl novice so any help would be greatly appreciated. The data as it stands looks like this: Subject Condition Fp1 ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sarah_W
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting data blocks from file

Hi all, I want to extract blocks of data from a file depending on the contents of that block. The input file(table) has several blocks each starting with 'gene' in the first column. I want to extract only those blocks which do not have the expression '_T02' in the second column. Input file ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie83
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transposing X and Y axis of CSV data

Hello list, I have a source CSV data file as follows: PC_NAME,MS11-040,MS11-039,MS11-038,MS11-035 abc123,Not Applicable,Not Applicable,Not Applicable,Not Applicable abc987,Not Applicable,Not Applicable,Not Applicable,Not Applicable tnt999,Not Applicable,Not Applicable,Applicable,Not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: landossa
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete data blocks based on missing combinations

Hello masters, I am filtering data based on completeness. A (Name , Group) combination in File2 is only complete when it has data for all subgroups specified in File1. All incomplete (Name , Group) combinations do not appear in the output. So for example , Name1 Group 1 in File2 is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: senhia83
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transposing data based on 1st column

I do have a big tab delimited file of the following format aa 344 456 aa 34 67 bb 34 90 bb 23 100 bb 1 89 d 0 12 e 45 678 e 78 90 e 56 90 .... .... .... I would like to transpose the data based on the category on column one and get the output file in the following tab delimited... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kanja
8 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)