Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris [SOLVED] Console connection to V240 Post 302699181 by kuriosity_prime on Tuesday 11th of September 2012 08:56:43 AM
Old 09-11-2012
[SOLVED] Console connection to V240

My apologies if this is posted/answered elsewhere.

I have recently been tasked with getting 2 Sun V240's running Solaris 10 up and working. I should mention I come from the programming side of life with a small amount of networking on Windows 2003 servers.

They boot, no error lights, hd's are working fine. I cannot for the life of me get a console connection to see what's going on. No ALOM, no boot, nadda.

I am trying to go through the serial management port to a dell server which has a Centerpoint KVM. Yes, I do have the adapter from the kit (have tried 4, at least 2 are known working). To the knowledge of the office, no one has reset default for the serial connection.

Before I make an assumption that the setting s have been messed with and remove the battery, is there something I am missing?

Thanks much,

~Kuriosity

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not on System Console; Connection to host lost.

hi all, When I telnet my W2k machine to my Solaris8 machine, after typing my login name and password prompt, I get the following msg immediately. ==== Not on System Console. Connection to host lost. ==== The 2 machines are connected on the same kingston workgroup hub. Can someone pls help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrec
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

console connection to ultra 2

I have a ultra 2 enterprise server without a video card. I tried to connect my PC to the sun box through console ports using hyperterminal with the standard setting(9600, 8, N, 1) but failed. The cable I used is a DB9 female--DB25 male null modem cable. Using the same setting and cable, I could... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yongmeic
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Console connection enterprise 420r

Hellow, i bought a sun enterprise 420r. I would like to connect to the console for installation of a new operating system (solaris 10) I made a connection from a usb --> com-port --> serial port of the server. I configured my hyperterminal (9600 8n1) and when i connect to my server and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chelle007
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Problem with Console Connection

I'm having a problem establishing a console connection between a V240 and a V440. I verified and re verified the connection was in the correct places. Commands: # tip hardwire connected Nothing happens after that. Other V440's work fine with the receiving the connection. Is there a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelsin
8 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 ftp connection problem (connection refused, connection timed out)

Hi everyone, I am hoping anyone of you could help me in this weird problem we have in 1 of our Solaris 10 servers. Lately, we have been having some ftp problems in this server. Though it can ping any server within the network, it seems that it can only ftp to a select few. For most servers, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: labdakos
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Writing output to the console

Hi All, I have written one script in which am writting the result to the log file. I want to display the results on the console also if ; then echo "$result doesnot match with the host file">>InputHostsFileErrors.txt else echo "$result input matches with the host... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Rsh does not close connection on exit

Dear all, We have a service that we start up remotely with rsh but unfortunately, the rsh never returns to the calling server. This seems to be because the processes of the service we've just started hold the port open.RBATTE1 @ /home/RBATTE1>netstat -na|grep 49.51 tcp4 0 0 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rbatte1
1 Replies

8. Solaris

V240 no OBP or console available

Hey guys, I recently replaced the heatsinks on two different V240's. Repasted and replaced them myself. After attempting to bring them back up, there was no display coming from the KVM. I figured it was a matter of environment in OBP and attempted to get to the OK prompt from the... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: DanielSluder
20 Replies

9. AIX

Power5 9133-55A Serial Console connection issue

Hey All, Trying to connect to the Power5 9133-55A serial console using a serial-to-usb converter (RS232). The other end is connected via null modem. Tried minicom, putty and other Linux utilities, no luck. The serial device shows up as /dev/ttyUSB0. Tried 9600 8N1 XON/XOFF, no luck. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devyn
6 Replies

10. Web Development

302 Redirects Issues Effected Google Search Console (GSC) Fixed - DBSEO Goto Rewrite Problems Solved

Finally! Yesterday I FINALLY figured out why Google Search Console (GSE) was showing so many pages with 302 redirects in our link budget. For over a year, I thought this issue was relate to either Apache2 or DBSEO (our PHP module which rewrites our links to be SEO friendly). However, when I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
5 Replies
BLTK(1) 						       Battery life tool kit							   BLTK(1)

NAME
bltk - tool kit is used to measure battery life and performance under different workloads on Linux. SYNOPSIS
bltk [-hVvaNAcCBXswiIRDPGOYZyQzxul] [-t sec] [-r results_dir] [-m {0,1}] [-U path] [-g setup] [-J pid] [-T time] [-F file] [-W app] [-L title] [-K comment] [-e app] [-E app] [-p percent] [-d percent] [-o {0,1,2}] [-q file] [-b percent] [-f command] [-k num] DESCRIPTION
The BLTK can be used with various workloads to simulate different types of laptop usage. The following workloads are currently imple- mented: Idle workload collect statistics only (mostly used to measure battery life) Developer workload simulates code development in Linux environment Reader workload simulates text reading on laptop (mostly used to measure battery life) Playback workload simulates laptop entertaining usage (produces constant average load on the system) 3d game workload simulates 3D-gaming on laptop (Unreal Tournament demo is used to create this workload) Office Activity workload simulates laptop usage for different office activities (based on OpenOffice.org office suit) When started, test collects platform/OS initial info and if it's OK prompts user to unplug AC adapter. After cable unplugged, workload started. During the workload execution test harness collects various system information (e.g. CPU load, battery drain, display state, CPU frequency, etc...). After battery completely discharged user should plug the AC cable back and boot the system. When it is done the results are available. There are several tools for result evaluation. They allow creating report file for test run, to gather results into a table for system com- parison, and to draw graphs for different purposes. Results - after the battery dies and the system booted back, the results are available. They are stored in 'bltk/<wokload_name>.results' directory (or in the directory, specified in -r option). If target directory already exist the tool will add numeric extension to its name (.001, .002 e.t.c.) The results consist of the following files (see below for detailed description): cmd In this file 'bltk' command with arguments are stored infoi<N>.log (info1.log, info2.log, ...) Here initial system info is stored. Another two files (info1.log, info2.log) contains system info after AC adapter was unplugged, and on 5% battery capacity remained. They are used to check whether any changes occurred during test execution. stat.log Statistics generated by bltk harness are stored here. One statistic line generated per 1 minute (or per number of seconds, specified in -t option). system<N> When -k 1 is used, the system information is stored under this directory. The numbers at the end of directory name have the follow- ing meanings: 0 initial system info 1 system info after AC adapter was unplugged 2 system info on 5% battery capacity remained version this file contains version information workload the file contains info about workload work_out.log err.log There are stored any error messages warning.log Contains warnings work.log Strings generated by USR1, USR2 signals from workload. String format is the same as in the 'stat.log' file. fail when test fails score Report Report.table OPTIONS
-h, --help Help; display a help message and then exits. -V, --version Version; display version number and then exits. -v, --verbose Verbose -a, --ac-ignore ignore ac adapter state check (on/off) -N, --time-stat-ignore disable time statistics -A, --ac-stat-ignore disable ac adapter statistics -c, --cpu-stat-ignore disable cpu load statistics -C, --cpu-add-stat-ignore disable cpu additional statistics -B, --bat-stat-ignore disable battery statistics -X, --disp-stat-ignore Disable display state statistics -H, --hd-stat-ignore disable hard drive state statistics -t seconds, --report-time seconds frequency of report line generation in seconds -r results_dir, --results results_dir name of results directory -s, --stat-ignore disable all statistics -w, --work-stat-ignore disable workload statistics -m {0,1}, --stat-memory {0,1} dump statistics directly on disk or keep in memory, if statistics are kept in memory, it will be dumped on disk at low battery capacity, or at the test end 0 disk 1 memory (by default) -i, --idle-test idle test -I, --idle idle workload -R, --reader reader workload -D, --developer developer workload -P,'--player" playback workload -G, --game 3D-gaming workload -O, --office office productivity workload -U path, --user path user-specified workload (path to executable) -g routine, --user-init routine" setup routines for user-specified workload -Y, --discharging battery discharge mode -Z, --charging battery charge mode -J pid, --jobs pid make jobs number -T seconds, --time seconds workload time -F, --file workload file -W, --prog workload program name of player (player workload, default 'mplayer') name of web-browser (reader workload, default 'fire- fox') -L, --title title of web-browser document -M, --manufacturer enable time and cpu load statistics only -S, --show demo/debug mode, one iteration only -n, --show-num demo/debug mode, 'show-num' iteration -j, --show-cnt demo/debug mode, 'show-cnt' sub iteration -T seconds, --show-time seconds demo/debug mode, debug time -K comment, --comment comment user comment for report -e application, --init-prog application run program before test starting -E application, --init-prog-su application run program as root before test starting -y, --yes auto 'yes' answer to all questions -Q, --debug debug workload (see cpu-load and disp-load below) -p percent, --cpu-load percent debug workload, the time cpu loaded in percent -d percent, --disp-load percent Debug workload, the time display on in percent -o {0,1,2}, --output {0,1,2} direct workload output: 0 file 1 file and console 2 /dev/null, other - console -z, --debug-vars debug option -q file, --debug-vars-file file debug option - debug variables file -x, --dpms debug option - try to use display power management -u, --spy debug option - try to find out unexpected system activity -l, --simul-laptop debug option, laptop simulation -b percent, --bat-sync percent debug option, battery critical capacity, default 5% -f command, --user-field command the output of user-specified command being added to statistics Example: -f "cat /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/TZ01/temperature | awk '{print }'" -k num, --stat-system num debug option, save system files, default 0 EXAMPLES
bltk -I or --idle idle workload running bltk -R or --reader reader workload running bltk -D or --developer developer workload running bltk -O or --office office workload running bltk -P or --player player workload running bltk -G or --game game workload running bltk -i or --idle-test -T 60 -t 1 idle test running for 60 seconds, stats interval 1 second SEE ALSO
bltk.conf(5), bltk_report(1) AUTHOR
Konstantin Karasyov <konstantin.a.karasyov@intel.com> Vladimir Lebedev <vladimir.p.lebedev@intel.com> BLTK
15 July 2008 BLTK(1)