Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers [SOLVED] Restoring differential backup files Post 302698997 by csengineer on Tuesday 11th of September 2012 01:34:09 AM
Old 09-11-2012
Yeah, the patch tool is the one I was looking for. Thanks dude!
This User Gave Thanks to csengineer For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

OS X Server: Trouble restoring mail from backup...

So I had some bad RAM in my server. Of course I didn't know it at the time. And it kept making the 10.3.5 updater crash. And that last crash did it. My drive was messed up. So I had to reformat and reinstall. Luckily I had a whole slew of fresh backups. But I'm really hung up on the mail. I backed... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: l008com
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

restoring backup using tar command

Please help me in resolving the issue. I have taken backup using the below command $ tar cvf - . |compress -> /opt/globusback2/needed_backups/apglsg.tar.Z I tried to restore the backup using the below command. $ zcat /opt/globusback2/needed_backups/apglsg.tar.Z | tar -xvf - ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amirthraj_12
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

restoring backup using tar command

Please help me in resolving the issue. I have taken backup using the below command $ tar cvf - . |compress -> /opt/globusback2/needed_backups/apglsg.tar.Z I tried to restore the backup using the below command. $ zcat /opt/globusback2/needed_backups/apglsg.tar.Z | tar -xvf - ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amirthraj_12
5 Replies

4. AIX

Question about restoring from mksysb backup

Hello, Last night I applied a DB2 fix pack which is now causing problems with the application that uses db2. Prior to applying the fix pack I did a mksysb(rootvg) which includes the file system that has db2 installed on it. If I do a restore from this will it restore the db2 version back to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyoung
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tar differential backup

I am backing up some data to an NTFS formatted backup drive. I have to preserve the Unix permissions of the data being backed up and therfore use backup into a tar file. I would like to backup the differnential data in the tar file similiar to how Rsync works so as to save on backup time as it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jelloir
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to make a full system backup excluding data and restoring it to a new system

Hi, In order to have a sand box machine that I could use to test some system changes before going to production state, I'd like to duplicate a working system to a virtual one. Ideally, I'd like to manage to do it this way : - Make a full system backup excluding the user file system (this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pagaille
7 Replies

7. AIX

restoring mksysb backup of a clustered server configured in HACMP

Hi, I have done NIM restoration via nim_bosinst a lot of times but I have some doubts on restoring a server which is clustered specifically HACMP. Previously, I don't know the trend but after doing a nim_bosinst, I can see the client's hostname is back to "localhost" rather than its original... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: depam
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Restoring files from backup based on ctime

Hello, I need to restore some yesterday emails from backup within a 5 hours timeframe this is a openvz container, backup is made by rsync files to another partition in the same server I have tried to do this #!/bin/sh cd /vz/backup/414/home/smartftp/mail/domain1.com/ for dir in new... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cuantica
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Restoring a system from a backup

I have backed up the contents of my Solaris 10 machine in its entirety, and I'm trying to figure out if I can somehow use this archive to restore my old system just as it was on a new machine. Assuming I have all files from my old machine backed up, is this possible? What I've been trying to do... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: unblockable
6 Replies
cvm-mysql(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      cvm-mysql(8)

NAME
cvm-mysql - MySQL module SYNOPSIS
cvm-mysql CREDENTIALS
Pass phrase DESCRIPTION
This module queries a MySQL database for the account name, compares the stored pass phrase with the given one using crypt(3). CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
CVM_MYSQL_DEFAULT_FILE The full path of the defaults file to read if the following variable is set. If not set, the file $HOME/.my.cnf will be read (the MySQL default). CVM_MYSQL_DEFAULT_GROUP If set, the module will read connection default options from the named group in the defaults file as above CVM_MYSQL_HOST The hostname or IP of the MySQL server. If not set, a connection to the local host is assumed. CVM_MYSQL_USER The MySQL login ID to connect as. If not set, the invoking user is assumed. CVM_MYSQL_PASS The password for the above user. CVM_MYSQL_DB The database name, must be set. CVM_MYSQL_PORT The port number for the TCP/IP connection (only used if the server is not local). CVM_MYSQL_POSTQ (optional) The SQL query to execute after the credentials have been validated, see cvm-sql(7). CVM_MYSQL_PWCMP (optional) The password comparison module to use. CVM_MYSQL_SOCKET The path to the socket that should be used for connections to a local server. CVM_MYSQL_QUERY (optional) The SQL query to issue to retrieve the row containing the account information from the database, see cvm-sql(7). SEE ALSO
cvm-sql(7), cvm-pgsql(8), cvm-pwfile(8), cvm-qmail(8), cvm-unix(8), cvm-vmailmgr(8), cvm-benchclient(8), cvm-checkpassword(8), cvm-test- client(8) http://untroubled.org/pwcmp/pwcmp.html http://untroubled.org/cvm/cvm.html cvm-mysql(8)