Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unable to retrieve data from shell when connected to Oracle Post 302698973 by Kiransagar on Tuesday 11th of September 2012 12:12:10 AM
Old 09-11-2012
I am able to run the shell.very much appreciated

Could you please let me know what was the error in the below line:
Code:
 SQLCODE='cat $SPOOL_FILE | grep SQLCODE | awk -F    '{print $2}' '

Thanks in advance..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Retrieve Oracle export to tape

Hi! We have an Oracle db export that was compressed and written to DLT tape directly!- This is from box1 The next step is to restore the contents of the tape into the database on box2. The problem is that there is no DLT tape drive attached to box2. There is a box3 that has the tape drive... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sdharmap
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for Data loading in Oracle

Hi All I am new to unix. I need a shell script to load a datafile in to oracle. I already have a control file, and data file. all I need is if i execute the shell it must load the data using the ctl file to table. Control file : PAY0001.ctl Datafile : mon_grs_det.dat log file :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghuraja_r
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need shell script to extract data from oracle database

shell script (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frns5
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to fetch data from oracle in unix shell script

Hi, How to fetch data from oracle database in unix shell scripting. list=`sqlplus -s ds_user/dsuser@EMI <<EOF set feedback off set serveroutput on set heading off set pagesize 0 set tab off select IP_ID from table / exit EOF` The output is not what i expected.I need output in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anusha_Reddy
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to export data from Oracle table .

Hi, I want to write a shell script which will export data from oracle table . I don't want to save that data . I want the queries . Right now i am right clicking on the table and clicking on export as to my desktop . Please let me know if any one have any idea . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honey26
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

why do we need UNIX shell script to load data into Oracle database

Hello everyone, I am new to shell scripting/ loading data into a database. I want to load data into Oracle database using SQL loader. Can some one please explain why do we need unix shell script to load the data into the database? Also can someone please explain what has to be in that script?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_prog
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loading data in oracle using shell scripts

Hi , I have a scenario, i have a directory where i receive around 14-15 files at a interval of 20-40 min not fixed, i want to write a unix scripts which invoke sqlldr command to load files into oracle automatically as soon as the file hit the directory. Any help will be appreciated. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guddu_12
4 Replies

8. SuSE

HELP for Newbie: Unable to run GUI installer (Ubuntu client connected to SLES server)

Hello All, I'm using my Ubuntu 10.04 client connected via SSH to a SuSE Linux server (SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64) version 11 patchlevel=1). I'm trying to run an install of WebSphere Portal but can't seem to be able to run the GUI installer. Running xclock as root returns this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kartrait
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i run sql queries from UNIX shell script and retrieve data into text docs of UNIX?

Please share the doc asap as very urgently required. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 24ajay
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting unable to send the sql query data in table in body of email

I have written a shell script that calls below sql file. It is not sending the query data in table in the body of email. spool table_update.html; SELECT * FROM PROCESS_LOG_STATS where process = 'ActivateSubscription'; spool off; exit; Please use code tags next time for your code and data.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sharanakumar
9 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)