Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Aligning output with null fields in shell script Post 302698949 by gvolpini on Monday 10th of September 2012 08:54:16 PM
Old 09-10-2012
Thanks to everyone for looking at my problem; I think now I know what I will need to do.

Regards
G

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find null fields in file

Hi All, I have some csv files out of which i want to find records which have empty values in either the 14th or 16th fields. The following is a sample. $cut -d',' -f14,16 SPS* | head -5 VOIP_ORIG_INFO,VOIP_DEST_INFO sip:445600709315@sip.com,sip:999@sip.com... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace 3 fields with null in the file

Hi, I have a file with 104 columns delimited by comma. I have to replace fields 4,5 and 19 with null values and after replacing the columns in the file , the file should be still comma delimited. I am new to shell scripting, Experts please help me out. Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vukkusila
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

exclude records with null fields

Hi, can I do something like this to add a condition of checking if the 4th field is number or space or blank also: awk -F, '$4 /^*||*/' MYFILE >> OTHERFILE I also want the other part i.e. I need to exclude all lines whose 4th field is space or blank or number: MYFILE a,b,c,d,e a,b,c,2,r... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenK_Dudala
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find out if few fields in a file are null

Hi, I've a pipe delimited file where I want to find out a number of lines where 1st 2nd and last field are null using awk/sed. Is it possible? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for validating fields in a file

Hi, I have not used Unix in a very long time and I am very rusty. I would appreciate any help I can get from the more experienced and experts in Shell script. I am reading one file at a time from a folder. The file is a flat file with no delimeters or carriage return. Col1 through col6 is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: asemota
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass null value to sql script from korn shell script

There are 4 parameters that I have to pass from korn shell to sql script. 1) I have to check if $1 , $2 , $3 and $4 are null values or not . How can I do that ? 2) Once its determined that these values are null (in the sense they are empty) how can I pass null values to sql script... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get fields and get output with awk or shell script.?

I have a flat file A.txt with field seperate by a pipe 2012/11/13 20:06:11 | 284:hawk pid=014268 opened Locations 12, 13, 14, 15 for /home/hawk_t112/t112/macteam/qt/NET12/full_ddr3_2X_FV_4BD_1.qt/dbFiles/t112.proto|2012/11/14 15:19:26 | still running |norway|norway 2012/11/14 12:53:51 | ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabercats
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Group by Based on Multiple Fields in a file

Hi, I want to know if there is any simple approach to SUM a field based on group by of different fields for e.g. file1.txt contains below data 20160622|XXX1||50.00||50.00|MONEY|Plan1| 20160622|XXX1||100.00||100.00|MONEY|Plan1| 20160623|XXX1||25.00||25.00|MONEY|Plan1|... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnu_theprince
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to pull certain fields

I/m a beginner so be easy. I have text files that live on an AIX server. The files come in and I've been charged with writing a shell script to email out that pulls the first date, and the last date of the file. I need to load these 2 dates into 2 separate variables. I can figure out the variables,... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattadams1983
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fields shifting in file, do to null values?

The below code runs and creates an output file with three sections. The first 2 sections are ok, but the third section doesn't seem to put a . in all the fields that are blank. I don't know if this is what causes the last two fields in the current output to shift to a newline, but I can not seem... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
FILE2SM(1)							  ICI executables							FILE2SM(1)

NAME
file2sm - shared-memory linked list data ingestion test program SYNOPSIS
file2sm fileName DESCRIPTION
file2sm stress-tests shared-memory linked list data ingestion by repeatedly writing all text lines of the file named fileName to a shared- memory linked list that is the root object of a PSM partition named "file2sm". After writing each line to the linked list, file2sm gives a semaphore to indicate that the list is now non-empty. This is mainly for the benefit of the complementary test program sm2file(1). The operation of file2sm is cyclical. After copying all text lines of the source file to the linked list, file2sm appends an EOF line to the linked list, containing the text "*** End of the file ***", and prints a brief performance report: Processing I<lineCount> lines per second. Then it reopens the source file and starts appending the file's text lines to the linked list again. EXIT STATUS
0 file2sm has terminated. FILES
No configuration files are needed. ENVIRONMENT
No environment variables apply. DIAGNOSTICS
Can't attach to shared memory Operating system error. Check errtext, correct problem, and rerun. Can't manage shared memory. PSM error. Check for earlier diagnostic messages describing the cause of the error; correct problem and rerun. Can't create shared memory list. smlist error. Check for earlier diagnostic messages describing the cause of the error; correct problem and rerun. Can't create semaphore. ION system error. Check for earlier diagnostic messages describing the cause of the error; correct problem and rerun. Can't open input file Operating system error. Check errtext, correct problem, and rerun. Can't reopen input file Operating system error. Check errtext, correct problem, and rerun. Can't read from input file Operating system error. Check errtext, correct problem, and rerun. Ran out of memory. Nominal behavior. sm2file is not extracting data from the linked list quickly enough to prevent it from growing to consume all memory allocated to the test partition. BUGS
Report bugs to <ion-bugs@korgano.eecs.ohiou.edu> SEE ALSO
sm2file(1), smlist(3), psm(3) perl v5.14.2 2012-05-25 FILE2SM(1)