Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers [SOLVED] Restoring differential backup files Post 302698843 by DGPickett on Monday 10th of September 2012 03:57:13 PM
Old 09-10-2012
Were you using the UNIX diff and with some options like -e for ex output? The diff -e output can be used with ex to rewrite the older files forward:
Code:
(
cat diff files
echo "w <new_file_name>
q"
)|ex <copy_of_original_file_for_safety>

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

OS X Server: Trouble restoring mail from backup...

So I had some bad RAM in my server. Of course I didn't know it at the time. And it kept making the 10.3.5 updater crash. And that last crash did it. My drive was messed up. So I had to reformat and reinstall. Luckily I had a whole slew of fresh backups. But I'm really hung up on the mail. I backed... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: l008com
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

restoring backup using tar command

Please help me in resolving the issue. I have taken backup using the below command $ tar cvf - . |compress -> /opt/globusback2/needed_backups/apglsg.tar.Z I tried to restore the backup using the below command. $ zcat /opt/globusback2/needed_backups/apglsg.tar.Z | tar -xvf - ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amirthraj_12
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

restoring backup using tar command

Please help me in resolving the issue. I have taken backup using the below command $ tar cvf - . |compress -> /opt/globusback2/needed_backups/apglsg.tar.Z I tried to restore the backup using the below command. $ zcat /opt/globusback2/needed_backups/apglsg.tar.Z | tar -xvf - ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amirthraj_12
5 Replies

4. AIX

Question about restoring from mksysb backup

Hello, Last night I applied a DB2 fix pack which is now causing problems with the application that uses db2. Prior to applying the fix pack I did a mksysb(rootvg) which includes the file system that has db2 installed on it. If I do a restore from this will it restore the db2 version back to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyoung
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tar differential backup

I am backing up some data to an NTFS formatted backup drive. I have to preserve the Unix permissions of the data being backed up and therfore use backup into a tar file. I would like to backup the differnential data in the tar file similiar to how Rsync works so as to save on backup time as it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jelloir
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to make a full system backup excluding data and restoring it to a new system

Hi, In order to have a sand box machine that I could use to test some system changes before going to production state, I'd like to duplicate a working system to a virtual one. Ideally, I'd like to manage to do it this way : - Make a full system backup excluding the user file system (this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pagaille
7 Replies

7. AIX

restoring mksysb backup of a clustered server configured in HACMP

Hi, I have done NIM restoration via nim_bosinst a lot of times but I have some doubts on restoring a server which is clustered specifically HACMP. Previously, I don't know the trend but after doing a nim_bosinst, I can see the client's hostname is back to "localhost" rather than its original... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: depam
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Restoring files from backup based on ctime

Hello, I need to restore some yesterday emails from backup within a 5 hours timeframe this is a openvz container, backup is made by rsync files to another partition in the same server I have tried to do this #!/bin/sh cd /vz/backup/414/home/smartftp/mail/domain1.com/ for dir in new... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cuantica
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Restoring a system from a backup

I have backed up the contents of my Solaris 10 machine in its entirety, and I'm trying to figure out if I can somehow use this archive to restore my old system just as it was on a new machine. Assuming I have all files from my old machine backed up, is this possible? What I've been trying to do... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: unblockable
6 Replies
SQL::Translator::Schema::Procedure(3pm) 		User Contributed Perl Documentation		   SQL::Translator::Schema::Procedure(3pm)

NAME
SQL::Translator::Schema::Procedure - SQL::Translator procedure object SYNOPSIS
use SQL::Translator::Schema::Procedure; my $procedure = SQL::Translator::Schema::Procedure->new( name => 'foo', sql => 'CREATE PROC foo AS SELECT * FROM bar', parameters => 'foo,bar', owner => 'nomar', comments => 'blah blah blah', schema => $schema, ); DESCRIPTION
"SQL::Translator::Schema::Procedure" is a class for dealing with stored procedures (and possibly other pieces of nameable SQL code?). METHODS
new Object constructor. my $schema = SQL::Translator::Schema::Procedure->new; parameters Gets and set the parameters of the stored procedure. $procedure->parameters('id'); $procedure->parameters('id', 'name'); $procedure->parameters( 'id, name' ); $procedure->parameters( [ 'id', 'name' ] ); $procedure->parameters( qw[ id name ] ); my @parameters = $procedure->parameters; name Get or set the procedure's name. $procedure->name('foo'); my $name = $procedure->name; sql Get or set the procedure's SQL. $procedure->sql('select * from foo'); my $sql = $procedure->sql; order Get or set the order of the procedure. $procedure->order( 3 ); my $order = $procedure->order; owner Get or set the owner of the procedure. $procedure->owner('nomar'); my $sql = $procedure->owner; comments Get or set the comments on a procedure. $procedure->comments('foo'); $procedure->comments('bar'); print join( ', ', $procedure->comments ); # prints "foo, bar" schema Get or set the procedures's schema object. $procedure->schema( $schema ); my $schema = $procedure->schema; equals Determines if this procedure is the same as another my $isIdentical = $procedure1->equals( $procedure2 ); AUTHORS
Ken Youens-Clark <kclark@cshl.org>, Paul Harrington <Paul-Harrington@deshaw.com>. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-18 SQL::Translator::Schema::Procedure(3pm)