Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: perl dot escaping issue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl dot escaping issue Post 302698603 by Dedalus on Monday 10th of September 2012 10:14:17 AM
Old 09-10-2012
Cool thanks! it works

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

splitting on dot in perl

I am trying to split input that looks like ,2005-09-12 01:45:00.000000,2005-09-12 01:48:18.000000, I want to split on the dot . What I am using is ($ev_time,$rol)=split(/\./),$inputfile; This does not recognize the dot as what I want to split on. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reggiej
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl issue ..

hi one perl issue i have xml file with 2 values and one condition b.w them <rule> <val1>12</val1> <cond>and</cond> <val2>13</val2> </rule> i read these values in hash in perl code $one{val1} = 12 $one{cond} = and $one{val2} = 13 now i want to form... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Issue

Hi, I got this script from the web, this generates an LDAP report in CSV format. #!/usr/bin/perl # # Copyright (c) 2004 # Ali Onur Cinar &060;cinar&064;zdo.com&062; # # License: # # Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its # documentation for... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj001
23 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Escaping special character stored in variables : perl

Hi just for regular use i m working on small module written in perl for getting date in specified format like i have to specify date format and then seperator to seperate date i am 95% done. now i m sure explanation i gave is not good enough so i am putting output here : C:\Documents and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl issue - please help!

Hello. I've been writing some code in Perl to read in strings from html files and have been having issues. In the html file, each "paragraph" is a certain file on the website. I need to find every one of the files that is a certain type, in this case, having green color....therefore... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: akreibich07
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing DOT by using perl

Hi Friends, I have a variable which has a number (e.g. 12.1234). I want to remove "." (dot) from that number i.e. 121234 I want to do this using perl. Can you please guide me Thank you Anushree (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
2 Replies

7. Programming

perl socket issue

Hi I am teaching myself perl and am writing a socket application to get experience. I am using Eclipse with the EPIC plugin to run the code in debug mode. I think that sometimes the script is not releasing the port if I terminate it in debug mode as I am occasionally getting the message: - ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

GREP Issue in Perl

Im storing multiple functions in a varaible called $check... The variable check contains the following: a() b() c() ... ..etc now im checking individually which function is kept in which file using GREP if ( grep \$check \i, <FILE> ) The problem is im getting the output for the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajkrishna89
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl regex issue

Hi, I find it really strange while writing a simple regex to match and print the matched string, dibyajyo@fwtest:~ #perl -e '$x = "root@rashmi>"; print "matched string:$1\n" if ($x =~ /(root@rashmi)/);' matched string:root dibyajyo@fwtest:~ #perl -e '$x = "root@rashmi>"; print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace dot with semicolon in PERL

Hi, I have a file in PERL in the following pattern filename| 06-Dec-11 03.04.14.000000 PM filename1| 06-Dec-11 05.05.14.000000 PM I need to replace .(dot) with :(semicolon) in the timestamp value of the file How can this be done. Any help will be appreciated Thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
5 Replies
HOSTS.CONF(5)							    NUT Manual							     HOSTS.CONF(5)

NAME
hosts.conf - Access control for Network UPS Tools CGI programs DESCRIPTION
The CGI programs (upsset.cgi(8), upsstats.cgi(8), upsimage.cgi(8)) use this file to determine if they are allowed to talk to a host. This keeps random visitors from using your web server to annoy others by creating outgoing connections. DIRECTIVES
MONITOR ups description The ups element is in the form upsname[@hostname[:port]]. To allow connections to a UPS called "snoopy" on a system called "doghouse" that runs upsd on port 7877, it would look like this: MONITOR snoopy@doghouse:7877 "Joe Cool" The description must be one element, so if it has spaces, then it must be wrapped with quotes as shown above. The default hostname is "localhost". SEE ALSO
upsset.cgi(8), upsstats.cgi(8), upsimage.cgi(8) Internet resources: The NUT (Network UPS Tools) home page: http://www.networkupstools.org/ Network UPS Tools 05/22/2012 HOSTS.CONF(5)