Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: perl dot escaping issue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl dot escaping issue Post 302698603 by Dedalus on Monday 10th of September 2012 10:14:17 AM
Old 09-10-2012
Cool thanks! it works

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

splitting on dot in perl

I am trying to split input that looks like ,2005-09-12 01:45:00.000000,2005-09-12 01:48:18.000000, I want to split on the dot . What I am using is ($ev_time,$rol)=split(/\./),$inputfile; This does not recognize the dot as what I want to split on. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reggiej
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl issue ..

hi one perl issue i have xml file with 2 values and one condition b.w them <rule> <val1>12</val1> <cond>and</cond> <val2>13</val2> </rule> i read these values in hash in perl code $one{val1} = 12 $one{cond} = and $one{val2} = 13 now i want to form... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Issue

Hi, I got this script from the web, this generates an LDAP report in CSV format. #!/usr/bin/perl # # Copyright (c) 2004 # Ali Onur Cinar &060;cinar&064;zdo.com&062; # # License: # # Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its # documentation for... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj001
23 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Escaping special character stored in variables : perl

Hi just for regular use i m working on small module written in perl for getting date in specified format like i have to specify date format and then seperator to seperate date i am 95% done. now i m sure explanation i gave is not good enough so i am putting output here : C:\Documents and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl issue - please help!

Hello. I've been writing some code in Perl to read in strings from html files and have been having issues. In the html file, each "paragraph" is a certain file on the website. I need to find every one of the files that is a certain type, in this case, having green color....therefore... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: akreibich07
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing DOT by using perl

Hi Friends, I have a variable which has a number (e.g. 12.1234). I want to remove "." (dot) from that number i.e. 121234 I want to do this using perl. Can you please guide me Thank you Anushree (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
2 Replies

7. Programming

perl socket issue

Hi I am teaching myself perl and am writing a socket application to get experience. I am using Eclipse with the EPIC plugin to run the code in debug mode. I think that sometimes the script is not releasing the port if I terminate it in debug mode as I am occasionally getting the message: - ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

GREP Issue in Perl

Im storing multiple functions in a varaible called $check... The variable check contains the following: a() b() c() ... ..etc now im checking individually which function is kept in which file using GREP if ( grep \$check \i, <FILE> ) The problem is im getting the output for the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajkrishna89
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl regex issue

Hi, I find it really strange while writing a simple regex to match and print the matched string, dibyajyo@fwtest:~ #perl -e '$x = "root@rashmi>"; print "matched string:$1\n" if ($x =~ /(root@rashmi)/);' matched string:root dibyajyo@fwtest:~ #perl -e '$x = "root@rashmi>"; print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace dot with semicolon in PERL

Hi, I have a file in PERL in the following pattern filename| 06-Dec-11 03.04.14.000000 PM filename1| 06-Dec-11 05.05.14.000000 PM I need to replace .(dot) with :(semicolon) in the timestamp value of the file How can this be done. Any help will be appreciated Thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
5 Replies
Path::Dispatcher::Rule::Tokens(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Path::Dispatcher::Rule::Tokens(3pm)

NAME
Path::Dispatcher::Rule::Tokens - predicate is a list of tokens SYNOPSIS
my $rule = Path::Dispatcher::Rule::Tokens->new( tokens => [ "comment", "show", qr/^d+$/ ], delimiter => '/', block => sub { display_comment(shift->pos(3)) }, ); $rule->match("/comment/show/25"); DESCRIPTION
Rules of this class use a list of tokens to match the path. ATTRIBUTES
tokens Each token can be a literal string, a regular expression, or a list of either (which are taken to mean alternations). For example, the tokens: [ 'ticket', [ 'show', 'display' ], [ qr/^d+$/, qr/^#w{3}/ ] ] first matches "ticket". Then, the next token must be "show" or "display". The final token must be a number or a pound sign followed by three word characters. The results are the tokens in the original string, as they were matched. If you have three tokens, then "match->pos(1)" will be the string's first token ("ticket"), "match->pos(2)" its second ("display"), and "match->pos(3)" its third ("#AAA"). Capture groups inside a regex token are completely ignored. delimiter A string that is used to tokenize the path. The delimiter must be a string because prefix matches use "join" on unmatched tokens to return the leftover path. In the future this may be extended to support having a regex delimiter. The default is a space, but if you're matching URLs you probably want to change this to a slash. case_sensitive Decide whether the rule matching is case sensitive. Default is 1, case sensitive matching. perl v5.12.4 2011-08-30 Path::Dispatcher::Rule::Tokens(3pm)