Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Format a log file using sed
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Format a log file using sed Post 302698479 by elixir_sinari on Monday 10th of September 2012 06:25:07 AM
Old 09-10-2012
Code:
sed -n '/10\.28\.[78]6\.15/{
s/\("[^"]*\)\{3\}"/ /
s/,.*//
p
}' file

This User Gave Thanks to elixir_sinari For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to number format a data file without using SED?

Hi I have a file which contains data (list of data) and I want to put a number with bracket 1) 2) 3) etc at the beginning of every successive line I can do it with SED and I can also do it using the nl route but am looking for a different method. I'm guessing I would need some sort of loop... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cactus Jack
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sed to format data in a file

Hi , i need help with formatting a file i am generating which is to be used in mainframe app so the file length has to be 80 for each rows. The file that m able to generate looks like this (consists of two rows only) E 1006756 1006756 Active T E 0551055 0551055 Active T I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnilashis
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert date format to mysql date format in log file

I have a comma delimited log file which has the date as MM/DD/YY in the 2nd column, and HH:MM:SS in the 3rd column. I need to change the date format to YYYY-MM-DD and merge it with the the time HH:MM:SS. How will I got about this? Sample input 02/27/09,23:52:31 02/27/09,23:52:52... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED - log file format

Hello everyone, I have a log file : \data\file\script\command_0001 \data\file\script\command_0002 \data\file\script\command_0003 I need to make all lines on this way \data\file\script\command_0001 \data\file\script\command_0002 \data\file\script\command_0003 I know this could be done... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or sed to format text file

hi all, i have a text file which looks like the below 01 02 abc Top 40 music Kidz Only! MC 851 MC 852 MC 853 7NOW Arch_Diac xyz2 abc h211 Commacc1 Commacc2 Commacc3 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: posner
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log File - Format

Dear all, I need help to format a log file : Here is the output (Go to the end of the Wrap Code to see caracter at the end of line): FILE='/OPERATIONNEL/SATURNE/PHYS_MOD/NOWMOD/SATURNE_1DAV_20110201_20110202_ICEMOD_R20110202.NC ... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format log file - SED

Hello, I need help to format a log file...again ; )) Here is what I have : FILE='/OPERATIONNEL/SATURNE/MASTER/SATURNE_MASTER_PRE_R20110119.TAR.GZ ... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need awk/sed to format a file

My content of source file is as below scr1 a1 scr2 a2 b2 scr3 a3 b3 c3 I need a awk/sed command (to be used in C shell)to format it to something like below scr1 $a1 >file1 scr2 $a2 $b2 >file2 scr3 $a3 $b3 $c3 >file3 (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: animesharma
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on Log File format using sed or awk

Hello Gurus, First, i would like to know is there any way to solve my problem. i have a log file like this: INFO - ABCDRequest :: processing started for the record <0> TransactionNo <Txn#1> recordID <recID#1> INFO - ABCDRequest :: processing started for the record <0> TransactionNo... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: VasuKukkapalli
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Datestamp format 2nd change in csv file (awk or sed)

I have a csv file formatted like this: 2014-08-21 18:06:26,A,B,12345,123,C,1232,26/08/14 18:07and I'm trying to change it to MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM for both occurances. I have got this: awk -F, 'NR <=1 {print;next}{"date +%d/%m/%Y\" \"%H:%m -d\""$1 "\""| getline dte;$1=dte}1' OFS="," test.csvThis... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: say170
6 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)