Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Need a tracking PHP Script – “how long people stay on the website?” Post 302698327 by AimyThomas on Sunday 9th of September 2012 11:41:25 PM
Old 09-10-2012
Need a tracking PHP Script – “how long people stay on the website?”

I want to know, is there a way to track how long anyone has been logged into website and then insert it up for each time they have logged on.

In case, user a logs in for 30 minutes, then later comes back and logs in for an hour, then later comes back and logs in for 50 minutes,

Add it up equal 2 hours 20 minutes. Is this possible?

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP: problem after login on website

I have a auction website i downloaded and when i log in as the admin, i get the following error whats wrong. the username and password are correct for the log in. Its trying to run another script called admin_catorgies_class.php . thats what i can see in the php script anyway. here the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: perleo
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to make a bash script that can be executed by people simultaneously?

dear friends, i want to make a bash script that can be executed by many people simultaneously. do you have any idea to make it? there will be many dependent-variables(which is input from people) in the scripts. i am thinking about a random temporary file that created by the bash script each... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmbp
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

send a message through email to 5 people using unix script?

Hi All, I want to send a message through email to 5 people in unix script. Please let me know, how to do it.Please do reply it is urgent.How to do it?Please reply.thanks! Thanks, Mary. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MARY76
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

send a message through email to 5 people using unix script.

Hi All, I want to send a message through email to 5 people in unix script. Please let me know, how to do it.Please do reply it is urgent. Thanks, Mary. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MARY76
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for tracking from directory to file

Hi , I am pretty new to scripting, and I trying to write a script which is not working as I expect to .... I am trying to write a script which starts from top directory and tracks all the folders and sub-folders till it reaches a file and gives the list of files as output for a given... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahul00000
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to break within a case/esac and stay in script

Wrote the following loop to but if I use exit, then I break entirely from my script, but instead I want to break from the case/esac and go to the next line in my script. I guess I need to know how to exit gracefully from a "while (true). Also, how can I allow the user to enter upper or lowercase... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tumblez
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to run php script on multiple website domains

Good Day, I have multiple websites on a domain. I am looking for a loop structure that can run each site script. egdomain1/test.php domainx/test.php so on, currently I copy and paste a list of commands but that skips certain commands. Some help would be greatly appreciated. Sergio (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SergioP
3 Replies

8. Web Development

Request to check:PHP website design help

Hi I have a website name www.gentrepid.org I have all the setting scripts for this website in php now as a research part, I am new to this as I havent done that before. I have to make certain changes in the website Include some icons on the left like "Drugs" when user click on it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
0 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Migration of website... PHP/Mysql -which path for DB.php

Hi, I have two websites: website1.com and website2.com I didn't write either but have successfully moved all the files from website1.com to website2.com I (thought) I installed all the correct php modules and website2 is mostly up and running. However, my boss found that when we go to a... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Astrocloud
15 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tracking change inside the script

we have more then 10 jobs scheduled in cronjob.. but we can see some of the script has been changed without any notification.. can we write any script which captures any changes inside the scripts with time of change and user name like .. or any other option apart from this ?? Plz help .. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: netdbaind
4 Replies
ROTATELOGS(8)							    rotatelogs							     ROTATELOGS(8)

NAME
rotatelogs - Piped logging program to rotate Apache logs SYNOPSIS
rotatelogs [ -l ] [ -f ] logfile rotationtime|filesizeM [ offset ] SUMMARY
rotatelogs is a simple program for use in conjunction with Apache's piped logfile feature. It supports rotation based on a time interval or maximum size of the log. OPTIONS
-l Causes the use of local time rather than GMT as the base for the interval or for strftime(3) formatting with size-based rotation. Note that using -l in an environment which changes the GMT offset (such as for BST or DST) can lead to unpredictable results! -f Causes the logfile to be opened immediately, as soon as rotatelogs starts, instead of waiting for the first logfile entry to be read (for non-busy sites, there may be a substantial delay between when the server is started and when the first request is handled, meaning that the associated logfile does not "exist" until then, which causes problems from some automated logging tools). Available in version 2.2.9 and later. logfile rotationtime The time between log file rotations in seconds. The rotation occurs at the beginning of this interval. For example, if the rotation time is 3600, the log file will be rotated at the beginning of every hour; if the rotation time is 86400, the log file will be rotated every night at midnight. (If no data is logged during an interval, no file will be created.) filesizeM The maximum file size in megabytes followed by the letter M to specify size rather than time. offset The number of minutes offset from UTC. If omitted, zero is assumed and UTC is used. For example, to use local time in the zone UTC -5 hours, specify a value of -300 for this argument. In most cases, -l should be used instead of specifying an offset. EXAMPLES
CustomLog "|bin/rotatelogs /var/logs/logfile 86400" common This creates the files /var/logs/logfile.nnnn where nnnn is the system time at which the log nominally starts (this time will always be a multiple of the rotation time, so you can synchronize cron scripts with it). At the end of each rotation time (here after 24 hours) a new log is started. CustomLog "|bin/rotatelogs -l /var/logs/logfile.%Y.%m.%d 86400" common This creates the files /var/logs/logfile.yyyy.mm.dd where yyyy is the year, mm is the month, and dd is the day of the month. Logging will switch to a new file every day at midnight, local time. CustomLog "|bin/rotatelogs /var/logs/logfile 5M" common This configuration will rotate the logfile whenever it reaches a size of 5 megabytes. ErrorLog "|bin/rotatelogs /var/logs/errorlog.%Y-%m-%d-%H_%M_%S 5M" This configuration will rotate the error logfile whenever it reaches a size of 5 megabytes, and the suffix to the logfile name will be cre- ated of the form errorlog.YYYY-mm-dd-HH_MM_SS. PORTABILITY
The following logfile format string substitutions should be supported by all strftime(3) implementations, see the strftime(3) man page for library-specific extensions. o %A - full weekday name (localized) o %a - 3-character weekday name (localized) o %B - full month name (localized) o %b - 3-character month name (localized) o %c - date and time (localized) o %d - 2-digit day of month o %H - 2-digit hour (24 hour clock) o %I - 2-digit hour (12 hour clock) o %j - 3-digit day of year o %M - 2-digit minute o %m - 2-digit month o %p - am/pm of 12 hour clock (localized) o %S - 2-digit second o %U - 2-digit week of year (Sunday first day of week) o %W - 2-digit week of year (Monday first day of week) o %w - 1-digit weekday (Sunday first day of week) o %X - time (localized) o %x - date (localized) o %Y - 4-digit year o %y - 2-digit year o %Z - time zone name o %% - literal `%' Apache HTTP Server 2010-11-06 ROTATELOGS(8)