Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Default user:group permissions while creating files and directories Post 302698173 by sunnysthakur on Saturday 8th of September 2012 03:44:23 PM
Old 09-08-2012
Sorry, user deploy is not allowed to execute '/bin/mkdir 1' as root on localhost

Hello,

I created a user who should have rights to work under /opt/lampp/htdocs directory. This directory is having below rights.

drwxr-xr-x 184 deploy deploy 12288 Dec 3 17:42 htdocs

i created a user deploy which belongs to deploy group
uid=502(deploy) gid=502(deploy) groups=502(deploy) context=root:system_r:hotplug_t:SystemLow-SystemHigh

but now when user deploy going to create any directory/files under /opt/lampp/htdocs, is giving the below error

Sorry, user deploy is not allowed to execute '/bin/mkdir 1' as root on localhost

Please let me know how to fix this.

Thanks,
Sunny

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in changing Permissions to 775 for files and directories

Hi All I need to create a script which would change Permissions to 775 All the Files and directories will be mentioned in the Paramter files Can anyone give a Hint how to proceed in this ?? THanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranga27
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Newly created files default group and write permissions

Whenever I create a new file the group name is "dnn" and the file permissions are "-rw-r--r--". How do I get it so when I create files (with vi or other programs) that the default group is "sss" and the permissions are 770? (I am running HP-UNIX) Thanks, GoldFish (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goldfish
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i copy user permissions(privileges) to a group

Hey there I have a problem and i was hoping that you guys could help me out I want to copy a user privileges to a group and i need to copy all privileges(Recursively) every directory with all its sub directories and I tried some solution and it did not work. I used the following command:- ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Dark Knight
14 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to change permissions only to files, not directories....?

Hi, I am really new to unix, any help is much appreciated. I need to change permissions of all files under several subdirectories to 700 but keep directories readable (755). Why ? Because I need a FTP user to only list his files and can't read them. But to browse to subfolder, the directories... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: narrok
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Issues with LDAP user/group permissions on NFS share

I can't seem to make sense of this. $ cat /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.2 Beta (Tikanga) $ $ mount /dev/sda2 on / type ext3 (rw) proc on /proc type proc (rw) sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw) devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,gid=5,mode=620) /dev/sda1 on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfinn
6 Replies

6. Web Development

Group and user permissions on mediawiki

I am working on setup a wiki which should have users and group having read or write permission. Before that we were using simple write to all methodology. Now the challenge is this that i have created a 3 users and all of the 3 are able to write to wiki and update the page. Now what i what to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnysthakur
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to change Permissions on files and directories

Hey, It's me again. Have a problem, that's not really a problem. I have the below script, that goes to the directory I want it to go to. lists out the directories available, lets you choose the directory you want, then it changes the permissions on said directory. using chmod -R and chown -R. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkelly1117
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archiving and moving files into directories, creating directories, etc.

how can i move "dataName".sql.gz into a folder called 'database' and then move "$fileName".tar.gz * .htaccess into a folder called 'www' with the entire gzipped file being "$fileName".tar.gz? Is this doable or overly complex. so mydemo--2015-03-23-1500.tar.gz > database -... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wyclef
5 Replies

9. AIX

Permissions on directories and files

Hello, I have a main directory called /test123 /test123 has lot of sub-directories and files. drwxr-x--- 21 root system 4096 Jan 25 10:20 /test123 Here, "other" does not have any access to /test123 folder. How can we provide read-only access to others on /test123... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aaron8667
1 Replies
DBICADMIN(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      DBICADMIN(1)

NAME
dbicadmin - utility for administrating DBIx::Class schemata SYNOPSIS
dbicadmin: [-I] [long options...] deploy a schema to a database dbicadmin --schema=MyApp::Schema --connect='["dbi:SQLite:my.db", "", ""]' --deploy update an existing record dbicadmin --schema=MyApp::Schema --class=Employee --connect='["dbi:SQLite:my.db", "", ""]' --op=update --set='{ "name": "New_Employee" }' OPTIONS
Actions --create Create version diffs needs preversion --upgrade Upgrade the database to the current schema --install Install the schema version tables to an existing database --deploy Deploy the schema to the database --select Select data from the schema --insert Insert data into the schema --update Update data in the schema --delete Delete data from the schema --op compatibility option all of the above can be supplied as --op=<action> --help display this help Arguments --config-file or --config Supply the config file for parsing by Config::Any --connect-info Supply the connect info as trailing options e.g. --connect-info dsn=<dsn> user=<user> password=<pass> --connect Supply the connect info as a JSON-encoded structure, e.g. an --connect=["dsn","user","pass"] --schema-class The class of the schema to load --config-stanza Where in the config to find the connection_info, supply in form MyApp::Model::DB --resultset or --resultset-class or --class The resultset to operate on for data manipulation --sql-dir The directory where sql diffs will be created --sql-type The RDBMs flavour you wish to use --version Supply a version install --preversion The previous version to diff against --set JSON data used to perform data operations --attrs JSON string to be used for the second argument for search --where JSON string to be used for the where clause of search --force Be forceful with some operations --trace Turn on DBIx::Class trace output --quiet Be less verbose -I Same as perl's -I, prepended to current @INC AUTHORS
See "CONTRIBUTORS" in DBIx::Class LICENSE
You may distribute this code under the same terms as Perl itself perl v5.18.2 2014-01-30 DBICADMIN(1)