Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring ganglia with one server and one client Post 302697991 by DGPickett on Friday 7th of September 2012 05:26:23 PM
Old 09-07-2012
Seems like a linkage problem in gmond, which ldd might help elaborate on. It has a table of monitoring subroutine pointers for various tcp/ip events, and this one is not valid. I am no expert, just good at reading log messages. It might be a name you are supposed to put a routine under. I am guessing it tracks fin-ack flagged tcp, which is the end of the connection.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Client/Server Socket Application - Preventing Client from quitting on server crash

Problem - Linux Client/Server Socket Application: Preventing Client from quitting on server crash Hi, I am writing a Linux socket Server and Client using TCP protocol on Ubuntu 9.04 x64. I am having problem trying to implement a scenario where the client should keep running even when the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun.nagpaal
2 Replies

2. Linux

How to split up hosts in Ganglia?

I have 3 server 'farms': prod, staging, and qa. I have Ganglia setup and gathering stats fine, but I want to separate the 3 server farms using the same Ganglia server. How can I do this? Any input would be appreciated! -KBS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kbshaq
1 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Ganglia config

Hello all I have a concept anderstanding problem with Ganglia. I have one server ubuntu where I install gmetad and web server + apache and php. Then I have the web interface up and running. I have several nodes to monitor, so I install gmond in each one. The problem I have is to know what IP... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ldiaz2106
0 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Office server => laptop =>client server ...a lengthy and laborious ftp procedure

Hi All, I need your expertise in finding a way to solve my problem.Please excuse if this is not the right forum to ask this question and guide me to the correct forum,if possible. I am a DBA and on a daily basis i have to ftp huge dump files from my company server to my laptop and then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunwar
3 Replies

5. Programming

Client Server C

Hello, Please I would create a client and a server in C that communicate frequently. The client sends "hello message" to the server, the server waits a few minutes and sends a "hello message" to the client, the client sends again "hello server ".. etc up to 15 minutes Can you guide me... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp script for dev server to client server

hi, i am new to unix, cuold u send some sftp acripts to send files to dev server to clint server, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Koti.annam
1 Replies
tcp-env(1)                                                    General Commands Manual                                                   tcp-env(1)

NAME
tcp-env - set up TCP-related environment variables SYNOPSIS
tcp-env [ -rR ] [ -ttimeout ] program [ arg ... ] DESCRIPTION
The input for tcp-env must be a TCP connection. tcp-env finds out information about that connection, puts the information into several environment variables as described in tcp-environ(5), and runs program with the given arguments. Usually tcp-env is run from inetd. It might instead be run from another server that already sets up the right environment variables; if PROTO is set to TCP when tcp-env is invoked, tcp-env assumes that all the other variables are set up properly, and it does not check whether the input is a TCP connection. OPTIONS
-r (Default.) Attempt to obtain TCPREMOTEINFO from the remote host. -R Do not attempt to obtain TCPREMOTEINFO from the remote host. -ttimeout Give up on the TCPREMOTEINFO connection attempt after timeout seconds. Default: 30. SEE ALSO
tcp-environ(5), inetd(8) tcp-env(1)