Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: uuencode not found !
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat uuencode not found ! Post 302697819 by jim mcnamara on Friday 7th of September 2012 12:26:46 PM
Old 09-07-2012
You may have base64, a perl based implmentation. And some misguided soul got rid of uuencode when base64 was installed. AFIAK both are mime-compliant and work well with smtp.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

uuencode

hi all, I dont know of this is a duplicate thread, but the thread i started a while ago wasnot posted still. ok my question is i have a shell script named "mail_editck.sh". i have to include some reports in it so that i can get the email when they are done. the syntax goes like this. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tejasingaraju17
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i check in csh if command found or not found ?

hello all im trying to use in sun Solaris the information received from the top command now i several machines that dont have install the top program so when im running the script im geting error saying after im running this code : set MemoryInfo = `top | grep Memory` if (... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

uuencode: command not found when sending mail in LINUX

HI all, When i run this command below i get this error: (cat /root/body.txt ; uuencode -m Summaryfile.zip) | mailx -s "completed" sandeep@help.com bash: uuencode: command not found Does anyone know why this is happening? Or is there any alternative to send mail with an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

uuencode/mailx

Hi all, I know how to use the uuencode/mailx commands to mail a single file within a directory, e.g. uuencode file.dat file.dat | mailx joe.smith@mail.com but now, i need to be able to mail every file within the directory with one command, any ideas? thanks :b: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ocelot
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Uuencode

Hi All, I have a queryin the uuencode option. Actually i need to attach two files in a single mail. I am aware of attaching a single file using the command below. (echo " The first file ";uuencode file1 file1) | mailx -s " The files " venkidhadha@in.com However i am not sure what... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkidhadha
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

uuencode

Ello I am having trouble getting uuencode to work. This is the command I am using. gzip -c /directory/path/file.txt | uuencode /directory/path/file.txt.gz | \ /usr/bin/mailx -s"file -$(date)" email@email.com < /directory/path/file.txt.gz However when I receive the email there is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: demention
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

uuencode without attachment

Hi All, I'm using uuencode to send out mail from unix to lotus notes,but i dont have any attachment to send out, I'm getting this message in the body of the mail "Usage: uuencode remotedest" however if i dont use uuencode I'm not able to send out mail Please help Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gwrm
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

uuencode

HI, I want to zip it before sending to email. -- This works fine. uuencode gtsa_lmt_pb_rfs_daily.txt ukba_pb_rfs_daily.csv | mailx -s "ukba_pb_rfs_daily" test@abc.com --Below command is not working, it sends zunk file. uuencode gtsa_lmt_pb_rfs_daily.txt ukba_pb_rfs_daily.csv | gzip... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sampath.Rachcha
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in uuencode command

Hi, I am trying this command. /usr/bin/uuencode test.xls error.xls | mail -s "Testing" <emailid> Instead of me having an attachment, i am getting this. begin 644 error.xls M1&%T87-T86=E($5R<F]R<PI,2U`S.B!7:&5N(&-H96-K:6YG(&]P97)A=&]R... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
7 Replies

10. Linux

Uuencode not found

Hi guys when i try to get the man page of uuencode i am getting it,But when i use in shell script to send attachment i am getting uuencode not found error .please help me guys.Thank U (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
3 Replies
base64(3tcl)					       Text encoding & decoding binary data					      base64(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
base64 - base64-encode/decode binary data SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8 package require base64 ?2.4.2? ::base64::encode ?-maxlen maxlen? ?-wrapchar wrapchar? string ::base64::decode string _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides procedures to encode binary data into base64 and back. ::base64::encode ?-maxlen maxlen? ?-wrapchar wrapchar? string Base64 encodes the given binary string and returns the encoded result. Inserts the character wrapchar every maxlen characters of output. wrapchar defaults to newline. maxlen defaults to 76. Note well: If your string is not simple ascii you should fix the string encoding before doing base64 encoding. See the examples. The command will throw an error for negative values of maxlen, or if maxlen is not an integer number. ::base64::decode string Base64 decodes the given string and returns the binary data. The decoder ignores whitespace in the string. EXAMPLES
% base64::encode "Hello, world" SGVsbG8sIHdvcmxk % base64::encode [string repeat xyz 20] eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6 eHl6eHl6eHl6 % base64::encode -wrapchar "" [string repeat xyz 20] eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6 # NOTE: base64 encodes BINARY strings. % set chemical [encoding convertto utf-8 "Cu2088Hu2081u2080Nu2084Ou2082"] % set encoded [base64::encode $chemical] Q+KCiEjigoHigoBO4oKET+KCgg== % set caffeine [encoding convertfrom utf-8 [base64::decode $encoded]] BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category base64 of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
base64, encoding CATEGORY
Text processing COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2000, Eric Melski Copyright (c) 2001, Miguel Sofer base64 2.4.2 base64(3tcl)