Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need patch policy help
Special Forums Cybersecurity Need patch policy help Post 302697703 by jlouki01 on Friday 7th of September 2012 09:03:12 AM
Old 09-07-2012
Need patch policy help

I'm working on developing a patch policy for a mid-size and quickly growing company. Patches have been at the bottom of the totem pole for years. I possess the ability and care enough to straighten it out. However I'd like some others input on the best way to handle the patch policy.

From when a patch is released how is communicated? How long to deployment? etc..
What are your trusted sources for patch alerts?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Policy Manager

I have searched all over the SCO website and can't seem to find an answer to this error message. Has anyone seen the following error, and if so what steps do I need to take to fix it? I don't really want to reload the entire OS if I don't have to. LOGIN: ERROR- Failed to initialize policy... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mikeinmi
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

Patch-o-matic (patch for iptable) for linux2.4.08 & iptable1.2.7a

Hello friends I'm running Redhat 9.0 with linux kernel 2.4.20-8 & have iptables version 1.2.7a & encountering a problem that I narrate down. I need to apply patch to my iptable and netfilter for connection tracking and load balancing that are available in patch-o-matic distribution by netfilter.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Ranjan
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Account lockout policy

Hi all; I m using Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.1 (Tikanga) and I'm trying to setup password lockout policy so that a user account locks out after 3 failed attempts. Here are the entires of my /etc/pam.d/system-auth #%PAM-1.0 # This file is auto-generated. # User changes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris patch access policy in Fujitsu systems

Hi, I would need help to understand Solaris patching policy in Fujitsu systems. PRIMEPOWER and SPARC Enterprise/Solaris Patches Which is the difference between "Public patches and patch clusters" and "All Patches"? Do I need a maitenance contract with Fujtisu to download "Public patches... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mariocq
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

NIS password policy

Hi, I am running NIS server on redhat linux 5 and I want to implement password restrictions for the yppasswd, how can I do it.Please help me. I can implement password restriction for passwd by configuring /etc/pam.d/system-auth and setting crack_lib.so but I don't know how to implent the same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ktrimu
3 Replies

6. Solaris

LACP Policy - Which is best?

Hello, I have these S10 boxes with LACP using the L4 policy. Does the L4 policy create a lot more overhead as opposed to using the L2? I'm noticing that my traffic does not seem to be very well load balanced accross the NIC's, and I am wondering if the policy I'm using has anything else to do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

7. AIX

Password Policy

I need help. I have set a password policy. But I want to dis allow setting user name as password. My policy is as below... min length =8 min diff=2 min alpha=2 max repeats=2 dictionary= /usr/share/dict/words Still user can set his username as password (i.e. Jackie1234). Code tags for... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: powerAIX
11 Replies

8. Solaris

Help to create a regex for this policy

Help with creating regex in tripwire : the rule is " The idea of it looks to ensure that just ‘share' isn't used in dfstab, must be /usr/sbin/share" Perform the following to determine if the system is configured as recommended: # grep -v '^#' /etc/dfs/dfstab | grep 'share' | grep -v... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bathija12
1 Replies
CDBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)						CDBS Documentation						CDBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)

NAME
cdbs-edit-patch - create or edit a CDBS simple-patchsys.mk patch SYNOPSIS
cdbs-edit-patch patchname DESCRIPTION
cdbs-edit-patch creates or edits patches for use by the CDBS simple-patchsys.mk patch system. For more information about CDBS please see the documentation under /usr/share/doc/cdbs/. When patchname exists, cdbs-edit-patch will set up a temporary working source tree, apply all patches up to and including patchname in lex- icographic order, and spawn an interactive shell for the developer. The developer can then edit files in this working tree. When the developer is done and exits the shell, cdbs-edit-patch updates patchname to reflect the changes made. To abort the process from the inter- active shell, exit with a nonzero exit value. When patchname does not exist, cdbs-edit-patch will assume that a new patch should be created. As with the above scenario, cdbs-edit-patch will first create a temporary working source tree and apply all patches up to the new patch in lexicographic order. When the shell is quit, cdbs-edit-patch will create patchname. AUTHOR
CDBS was written by Colin Walters and others. cdbs-edit-patch was written by Martin Pitt. This manual page was written by Peter Eisen- traut based on the dpatch-edit-patch(1) manual page. SEE ALSO
CDBS documentation in /usr/share/doc/cdbs/, /usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/simple-patchsys.mk, dpatch-edit-patch(1), quilt(1) Debian 5 Feb 2006 CDBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)