Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris help me! jumpstart installation error Post 302697529 by Grovestreet on Friday 7th of September 2012 02:24:40 AM
Old 09-07-2012
Thank you for the reply Mr.Bitlord.. I used the cmd exportfs but i got these, not like yours
- /export/config rw ""
- /export/install/Solaris_10/Tools/Boot ro,anon=0 ""

iam new for the solaris can u tell me the info understand easily

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Jumpstart installation problem.

We are installing Solaris 9 with Jumpstart ...facing problems.. Problem is .it is prompting for questions, even though we set the Sysidcfg and class files properly. when we give "boot net - install" at OK prompt, it is coming till "The system is coming up. Please wait" After that it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: b_manu78
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 installation over WAN using jumpstart

I am trying to install Solaris 10 OS using jumpstart over WAN. I have configured the jumpstart server with apache server and created all the necessary configurations and files. When i WAN boot my target machine, it gets booted using wanboot, it downloads the miniroot from the jumpstart server, but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemalsid
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Jumpstart Solaris Installation Program screen

Hi! I'm trying to skip the installation welcome screen (actually the first three screens: The Solaris Installation Program screen, Identify This System screen and date and time settings - not timezone settings). Everything else runs automaticly from jumpstart except these three screens, just... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Luka
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Flash installation with Jumpstart

I get following error while doing a flash installation. I 'm trying to deploy a flash archive created by our engineering team. I 'm trying to install it with ZFS root and the profile which i using is as following #more flash_profile_test install_type flash_install archive_location nfs... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

5. Solaris

jumpstart installation

hi friends, i dont know how to install jumpstart . i have solaris cds( 5 nos.). i tried to install jumpstart but there is no setup_install_server file. What i want to do for installing jumpstart server please help me thanks to all (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sijocg
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Jumpstart Installation from X86 machine

Hi friends , i have on ultra 10 Sparc machine . Due to some problem my OS is fully corrupted , so i am planning to install again but my problem is the cd drive in Ultra 10 machine is not working. Now i am planning to use Jumpstart installation method to install my server. But i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vr_mari
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Jet/Jumpstart installation freezing

Hi guys, I have a problem with installing new Solaris servers via jet/jumpstart (tried both). I`ve configured server, created profile for a client, issued {1} boot net -v install and went to get some cofee... After I came back, client was able to load system from server, get IP and,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: masloff
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris x86 installation using jumpstart does not local boot ( boot from hdd)

I am trying to install Solaris x86 using the Jumpstart server. I run the add_install_client command with appropriate options, and reboot my x86 Target box. The installation starts fine and unattended. After the installation completes and the target goes for a re-boot, it does not boot from the HDD... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemalsid
9 Replies

9. Solaris

Could not start installation using jumpstart

hello I created a boot server and tryed to run intstall with jumpstart on other solaris server, but jumpstart coudn't starts, only text-based install. sysidcfg and rules file are in the same shared folder, rules file has only one string any - - any_profile - and thta't all. also I created... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sluge
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Problem in configuring jumpstart installation

I am trying to configuring jumpstart configuration. Please find below sysidcfg configuration file output bash-3.2# cat sysidcfg terminal=vt100 network_interface=nxge0 { primary hostname=sun1 ip_address=192.168.11.10 \ protocol_ipv6=no netmask=255.255.255.0 default_route=192.168.11.7}... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
5 Replies
EXPORTFS(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						       EXPORTFS(4)

NAME
exportfs, srvfs - network file server plumbing SYNOPSIS
exportfs [ -an ] [ -c ctlfile ] srvfs name dir DESCRIPTION
Exportfs is a user level file server that allows Plan 9 compute servers, rather than file servers, to export portions of a name space across networks. The service is started either by the cpu(1) command or by a network listener process. An initial protocol establishes a root directory for the exported name space. The connection to exportfs is then mounted, typically on /mnt/term. Exportfs then acts as a relay file server: operations in the imported file tree are executed on the remote server and the results returned. This gives the appear- ance of exporting a name space from a remote machine into a local file tree. The -a option instructs exportfs to authenticate the user, usually because it is being invoked from a remote machine. The -n option disallows export to user none. The -c options specifies a network control file onto which exportfs will push the fcall line discipline. This option is intended for net- works that do not preserve read/write boundaries. The cpu command uses exportfs to serve device files in the terminal. The import(4) command calls exportfs on a remote machine, permitting users to access arbitrary pieces of name space on other systems. Srvfs uses exportfs to create a mountable file system from a name space: a subsequent mount (see bind(1)) of /srv/name will reproduce the name space rooted at dir. One might use srvfs to enable mounting of an FTP file system (see ftpfs(4)) in several windows. SOURCE
/sys/src/cmd/exportfs /sys/src/cmd/srvfs.c EXPORTFS(4)