Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Under /home there is no files and folders Post 302697523 by karthikn on Friday 7th of September 2012 02:14:55 AM
Old 09-07-2012
Network Under /home there is no files and folders

When I'm logging as a user(i.e., oracle), I don't find any files and folders in /home

Attached error message below, while logging...

Last login: Fri Sep 7 08:08:09 2012 from ko.domain
Could not chdir to home directory /home/oracle: No such file or directory
Sun Microsystems Inc. SunOS 5.10 Generic January 2005
You have mail.

SmilieSmilieSmilieSmilieSmilieSmilieSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing old files except configuration files and folders

Dear all, I want to remove files older than 2 months in the /home/member directory. But except the configuration files (like .bash_profile .config/ .openoffice/ .local/ .kde/ etc..) I have tried with the command find . -mtime +60 -wholename './.*' -prune -o -print -exec mv {} \; but it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamcalicut
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

list only files or folders

Hi experts, i wanna to list either file or folder. please help me Thanks (in advance) :confused:Jagannath (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagnikam
6 Replies

3. HP-UX

to get the timestamp of files from the files and folders in Unix

Hi, I had a directory and many subdirectories and files with in it. Now i want to get the timestamp of files from the files and folders recursively. :( Please help me to generate a script fort he above mentioned requirement! Appreciate for ur qick response Thanks in advance! ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace missing standard folders from home directories.

Hi, I want to develop a script to replace missing folders from home directories. These may have been deleted by the user. A standard home directory will have these folders in it and nothing else: Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Library, Movies, Music, Pictures, Public, Sites I also want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: z399y
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy some files from users home folders to my folder

i have users home directories in /home all the users have some files starting with character e and i want to copy all these files in a folder in my (root) home using a script i tried the script for i in m5 do cd m5 cp e1* /home/pc/exam cd .. done but get these... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcrana
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 folders to find several missing files among huge amounts of files.

Hi, all: I've got two folders, say, "folder1" and "folder2". Under each, there are thousands of files. It's quite obvious that there are some files missing in each. I just would like to find them. I believe this can be done by "diff" command. However, if I change the above question a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jiapei100
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to copy User home folders to mounted windows share

First of all, let me state that I am a windows admin. I have a windows share mounted to /mnt/server I need a script that will either login as sudo or perform commands with sudo rights. I need the script to copy all of the users /home folders to the mounted windows share. Now If I can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: EricM
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching for folders/parent folders not files.

Hello again, A little while back I got help with creating a command to search all directories and sub directories for files from daystart of day x. I'm wondering if there is a command that I've overlooked that may be able to search for / write folder names to an output file which ideally... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aussiemick
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

List all the files in the present path and Folders and subfolders files also

Hi, I need a script/command to list out all the files in current path and also the files in folder and subfolders. Ex: My files are like below $ ls -lrt total 8 -rw-r--r-- 1 abc users 419 May 25 10:27 abcd.xml drwxr-xr-x 3 abc users 4096 May 25 10:28 TEST $ Under TEST, there are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: divya bandipotu
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy files/folders and show the files/folders?

Hi, So i know we use cp -r as a basic to copy folders/files. I would like this BUT i would like to show the output of the files being copied. With the amazing knowledge i have i have gone as far as this: 1) find source/* -exec cp -r {} target/ \; 2) for ObjectToBeCopied in `find... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imre
6 Replies
cachefslog(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    cachefslog(1M)

NAME
cachefslog - Cache File System logging SYNOPSIS
cachefslog [-f logfile | -h] cachefs_mount_point DESCRIPTION
The cachefslog command displays where CacheFS statistics are being logged. Optionally, it sets where CacheFS statistics are being logged, or it halts logging for a cache specified by cachefs_mount_point. The cachefs_mount_point argument is a mount point of a cache file system. All file systems cached under the same cache as cachefs_mount_point will be logged. OPTIONS
The following options are supported. You must be super-user to use the -f and -h options. -f logfile Specify the log file to be used. -h Halt logging. OPERANDS
cachefs_mount_point A mount point of a cache file system. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of cachefslog when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Checking the Logging of a directory. The example below checks if the directory /home/sam is being logged: example% cachefslog /home/sam not logged: /home/sam Example 2: Changing the logfile. The example below changes the logfile of /home/sam to /var/tmp/samlog: example# cachefslog -f /var/tmp/samlog /home/sam /var/tmp/samlog: /home/sam Example 3: Verifying the change of a logfile. The example below verifies the change of the previous example: example% cachefslog /home/sam /var/tmp/samlog: /home/sam Example 4: Halting the logging of a directory. The example below halts logging for the /home/sam directory: example# cachefslog -h /home/sam not logged: /home/sam EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 success non-zero an error has occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cachefsstat(1M), cachefswssize(1M), cfsadmin(1M), attributes(5), largefile(5) DIAGNOSTICS
Invalid path It is illegal to specify a path within a cache file system. SunOS 5.10 7 Feb 1997 cachefslog(1M)