Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk to match a pattern and perform a search after the first pattern Post 302697467 by RickCharles on Thursday 6th of September 2012 10:42:00 PM
Old 09-06-2012
Thanks Elixir. That works like a charm. can you please explain how it works.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a pattern and if pattern found insert new pattern at the begining

I am trying to do some thing like this .. In a file , if pattern found insert new pattern at the begining of the line containing the pattern. example: in a file I have this. gtrow0unit1/gctunit_crrownorth_stage5_outnet_feedthru_pin if i find feedthru_pin want to insert !! at the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pitagi
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use to awk to match pattern, and print the pattern

Hi, I know how to use awk to search some expressions like five consecutive numbers, , this is easy. However, how do I make awk print the pattern that is been matched? For example: input: usa,canada99292,japan222,france59664,egypt223 output:99292,59664 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: grossgermany
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk pattern match and search in single statement

Hi All, I am trying to alter all lines between EXEC SQL and END-EXEC that have an INCLUDE in them. The following code search="INCLUDE " cp -f ${WORK}/$file.in ${WORK}/$file.wrk2 for item in `echo $search `; do > ${WORK}/$file.wrk1 awk -vITEM="$item" '{ if ( $0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bruble
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK match $1 $2 pattern in file 1 to $1 $2 pattern in file2

Hi, I have 2 files that I have modified to basically match each other, however I want to determine what (if any) line in file 1 does not exist in file 2. I need to match column $1 and $2 as a single string in file1 to $1 and $2 in file2 as these two columns create a match. I'm stuck in an AWK... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need one liner to search pattern and print everything expect 6 lines from where pattern match made

i need to search for a pattern from a big file and print everything expect the next 6 lines from where the pattern match was made. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Match Pattern after certain pattern and Print words next to Pattern

Hi experts , im new to Unix,AWK ,and im just not able to get this right. I need to match for some patterns if it matches I need to print the next few words to it.. I have only three such conditions to match… But I need to print only those words that comes after satisfying the first condition..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 100bees
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rearrange or replace only the second line after pattern match or pattern match

Im using the command below , but thats not the output that i want. it only prints the odd and even numbers. awk '{if(NR%2){print $0 > "1"}else{print $0 > "2"}}' Im hoping for something like this file1: Text hi this is just a test text1 text2 text3 text4 text5 text6 Text hi... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to combine lines from line with pattern match to a line that ends in a pattern

I am trying to combine lines with these conditions: 1. First line starts with text of "libname VALUE db2 datasrc" where VALUE can be any text. 2. If condition1 is met then continue to combine lines through a line that ends with a semicolon. 3. Ignore case when matching patterns and remove any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wes Kem
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk pattern match by looping through search patterns

Hi I am using Solaris 5.10 & ksh Wanted to loop through a pattern file by reading it and passing it to the awk to match that value present in column 1 of rawdata.txt , if so print column 1 & 2 in to Avlblpatterns.txt. Using the following code but it seems some mistakes and it is running for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananan
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep/awk using a begin search pattern and end search pattern

I have this fileA TEST FILE ABC this file contains ABC; TEST FILE DGHT this file contains DGHT; TEST FILE 123 this file contains ABC, this file contains DEF, this file contains XYZ, this file contains KLM ; I want to have a fileZ that has only (begin search pattern for will be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbabz
2 Replies
GSS_RELEASE_NAME(3)						Programmer's Manual					       GSS_RELEASE_NAME(3)

NAME
gss_release_name -- Discard an internal-form name SYNOPSIS
#include <gssapi/gssapi.h> OM_uint32 gss_release_name(OM_uint32 *minor_status, gss_name_t *name); DESCRIPTION
Free GSS-API allocated storage associated with an internal-form name. Implementations are encouraged to set the name to GSS_C_NO_NAME on successful completion of this call. PARAMETERS
minor_status Mechanism specific status code. name The name to be deleted. RETURN VALUES
GSS_S_COMPLETE Successful completion GSS_S_BAD_NAME The name parameter did not contain a valid name STANDARDS
RFC 2743 Generic Security Service Application Program Interface Version 2, Update 1 RFC 2744 Generic Security Service API Version 2 : C-bindings HISTORY
The gss_release_name function first appeared in FreeBSD 7.0. AUTHORS
John Wray, Iris Associates COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) The Internet Society (2000). All Rights Reserved. This document and translations of it may be copied and furnished to others, and derivative works that comment on or otherwise explain it or assist in its implementation may be prepared, copied, published and distributed, in whole or in part, without restriction of any kind, pro- vided that the above copyright notice and this paragraph are included on all such copies and derivative works. However, this document itself may not be modified in any way, such as by removing the copyright notice or references to the Internet Society or other Internet organiza- tions, except as needed for the purpose of developing Internet standards in which case the procedures for copyrights defined in the Internet Standards process must be followed, or as required to translate it into languages other than English. The limited permissions granted above are perpetual and will not be revoked by the Internet Society or its successors or assigns. This document and the information contained herein is provided on an "AS IS" basis and THE INTERNET SOCIETY AND THE INTERNET ENGINEERING TASK FORCE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTY THAT THE USE OF THE INFORMATION HEREIN WILL NOT INFRINGE ANY RIGHTS OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. BSD
January 26, 2010 BSD