Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming gdbm with c programmin Books & Tutorial. Post 302697397 by vectrum on Thursday 6th of September 2012 05:35:00 PM
Old 09-06-2012
Thank you. I'm looking for something like storing and retrieving few names and telephone numbers through c code.

I'm planning to use sqlite but like to test dbm/gdmb first as it doesn't use any dedicated shell or clent/server kind of thing, so a small database can be created without much overhead. I tried nosql mongodb but, as it uses javascript for its query language and I
don't know javascript so couldn't proceed to nosql.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Books on Shell programmin

Can Anyone suggest few good books on Unix Shell Programming and C on Unix. Thanks Prasad (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pswar70
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tk tutorial

Anyone know any good website with a step by step instructions on writing Perl GUI scripts with Tk ??? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perleo
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

file editting with shell programmin

Hello, I have several handreds of text files. The format of file looks like: column1 column2 column3 column4 column5 id1 definition1 name1 fieldid comm1 id2 definition2 name2 fieldid ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssshen
4 Replies

4. IP Networking

socket programmin

I was trying to write proxy code but i here is a problem typedef struct req_msg { char *host;//hostname char *filename;//filename char *modified;//date char *data; char *request; }req_msg; while(take_responce(req,request)!=0) // take_responce gets responce from http server //... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogesh_powar
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Books on PHP & APACHE

Can anybody please suggest me a good book to learn PHP and Apache. I want to use it for general programming and espeacially as front end tool for INFORMIX RDBMS. The book should guide me from the basics, as I am a beginer for PHP & Apache on SUSE Linux 9.0. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: V.V.KUMAR
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem installing gdbm

I'm trying to install gdbm on a MacPro running Leopard. But when I do the make install, I get this error: /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 -o root -g root gdbm.h \ /usr/include/gdbm.h install: root: Invalid argument make: *** Error 67 Any ideas? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shan Hollen
1 Replies

7. AIX

books & documents

can someone tell me the name of the books for aix it is better if some one provide me links to any useful document (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alokjyotibal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP read large string & split in multidimensional arrays & assign fieldnames & write into MYSQL

Hi, I hope the title does not scare people to look into this thread but it describes roughly what I'm trying to do. I need a solution in PHP. I'm a programming beginner, so it might be that the approach to solve this, might be easier to solve with an other approach of someone else, so if you... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
0 Replies

9. Web Development

Vue JS 2 Tutorial by The Net Ninja: A Recommended Vue.js Video Tutorial Series

A number of people have asked me how to get started with Vue.js and my reply before today was to Google "Vue.js". That has changed and my recommendation to anyone who wants to learn the fastest growing, easiest to learn and use Vue.js web dev framework is to watch this video tutorial series: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
Jifty::Manual::jQueryMigrationGuide(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		  Jifty::Manual::jQueryMigrationGuide(3pm)

NAME
jQueryMigrationGuide - How to migrate your code to use jQuery. Migrate your jifty app to jquery Application developers may start the migration by modifying config.yml, setting the "ConfigFileVersion" to 4. If you did not write any custom javascript code for your app, then you're done. Everything should just work. If you did write some javascript code, but you did not use any of the functions defined in jifty*.js, prototype.js or scriptaculous.js, then you're still good to go. Otherwise, your code might need to be modified a little bit. Since both prototype.js and scriptaculous.js are removed by default, one trivial choice is to simply bring them back. That is as easy as adding the Prototypism plugin to your Jifty application. If you dislike Prototypism like we do, you can choose to re-write your code with jQuery. In the section "From Prototype to jQuery" below, we provide some common patterns that can be applied to rewrite Prototypism code with jQuery, or with just normal javascript. If you hack on Jifty's internals, please make sure you've read the following "Jifty API" section and Jifty::Manual::JavaScript to catch the Javascript API updates since the removal of "prototype.js". Although we've removed "prototype.js", we still prefer to use the non-conflict mode of jQuery. That is, "$" function is now undefined instead of an alias to jQuery. This is to ensure that it's not conflicting with Prototypism anywhere. If you'd like to use "$" function, create that alias in your "app.js" like this: $ = jQuery; However, instead of making a global alias, it's always recommended to localize this alias within a closure: (function($) { // $ is an alias to jQuery only inside this closure $(".message").show(); })(jQuery); Jifty API We re-architected Jifty's javascript libraries to use jQuery. Especially the internal functions to process form elements. The old, Prototype-based way is to extend Form object and the Form.Element object. Since the removal of the Prototype library, it is dangerous to name those functions under Form because loading the Prototype library can destroy those Jifty functions. The new jQuery-based way is to always extend internal functions under the Jifty object. "Form" becomes "Jifty.Form", "Form.Element" becomes "Jifty.Form.Element", and so on. The detailed list of these functions are given in Jifty::Manual::Javascript. Most of those functions are internal functions that you probably should not use directly. From Prototype to jQuery If you've ever written javascript code for your Jifty applications, and you'd like to remove the PrototypeJS library, here are some mechanical rules to re-write prototype.js-based javascript code with jQuery. Array iteration From: A.each( function( $_ ) { ... } ) To: jQuery.each(A, function(index, value ) { // "this" is an alias to current value. }) Hash key iteration From: H = new Hash({...}); H.each(function( pair ) { // pair.key is the key // pair.value is the value }); jQuery.each is designed to work on both "Array" and "Object" in the same way. So there's not much difference. To: // H can be any kind of "Object" jQuery.each(H, function(key, value) { // "this" is an alias to current value. }) Object extend From: obj.extend({ ... }} To: jQuery.extend( obj, { ... } ) JSON jQuery does not ship with the JSON stringify function, but since it neither altered the native Array, nor defined its own Hash, it's acceptable and preferred to just use "JSON.stringify" from "json.js". From: // obj need to be one of those objects defined in C<prototype.js> obj.toJSON(); To: JSON.stringify( obj ) Effects jQuery has a small set of default effects built into its core. They have different names then those defined in "scriptaculous.js". The internal way to specify effects is using the "Jifty.Effect" method. Please see the detailed usage documentation in Jifty::Manual::JavaScript. perl v5.14.2 2010-12-08 Jifty::Manual::jQueryMigrationGuide(3pm)