Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Using Apache2 to Store Files for Accessing with wget? Post 302697251 by mrm5102 on Thursday 6th of September 2012 10:19:36 AM
Old 09-06-2012
Hey hergp, thanks for the reply!

Yea I got it working like minutes before I left work yesterday evening...
I had everything correct except I was missing somehting in the "/etc/apache2/httpd.conf" file.

Here's the Section I added to my httpd.conf Config File:
Code:
DocumentRoot /srv/www/htdocs

<Directory "/srv/www/htdocs/docs">
    Options Indexes
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

Seems to be working perfectly now...

Do you know if the section above in the "Allow from ..." line, can I insert a list of IP Addresses in
order to narrow down who can have access to the files...?

Thanks Again,
Matt

---------- Post updated at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:06 AM ----------

I had one other question besides the one about adding a list of IP Addresses to the "Allow from" line
of the httpd.conf file...

I created symbolic links to the files I wanted to be made available and it seems to be working just fine. I then
tried adding a symbolic link to a directory in the "/srv/www/htdocs/docs" but it doesn't seem to work (i.e. it's not
showing in the browser)?

Is this the expected behavior, or is there some kind of option I can add to one of the configs that would allow this..?

Thanks in Advance,
Matt

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing Files on another drive

Hey..alright heres the deal I'm going to do a triple boot if you would Win98SE, Win2K, and Redhat Linux 7.1 now I have two HDs each with 30 gigs i've allowed one HD to the OS's with 10 gigs each...the third I intend to be one for windows to pull things thats compliant with both 98 and 2k and store... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PravusMentis
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing files/folders with spaces

Hi there, our unix and windows are related. i.e. if i save a file while being on windows my unix profile would contain the same file, at the same location. so i can access all my files through unix prompt. but if i save a file/folder being on windows account and put spaces between the name of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: a25khan
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing files on unix share from xp?

Sorry if the is in the wrong section, but would like to know if anyone can help with the following I am on a network using Windows XP and am having problems viewing/manipulating files on one of the shared drives, which happens to be a snap server. I have no other problems with any of the other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MrB
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accessing files with perl

Hello i am new to Perl and i have a question. I am trying to read a file that has the following format: 14/4/2008 8:42:03 πμ|10800|306973223399|4917622951117|1||1259|1|126|492|433||19774859454$ 14/4/2008 9:13:08 πμ|10800|306973223399|306970097423|1||1264|1|126|492|878||19774859762$... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

accessing windows files from unix

Hello, I am new to Unix and I would like to know how can I see my files from Windows desktop. When I type ls, I can see a list of files-directories including Desktop, but when I cd Desktop, and then ls there is a message 'Link to old Desktop'. (The big picture is to build a sundials library but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: s097
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accessing files in batch

hai, I have a list of files having extension .sy in a folder. I want to find such files and print the first two columns of the files to new extension .tmp (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sreejithalokkan
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store filenames for wget in bash

I have a bash that downloads a list of files as a text file using wget. What I now need to do is store those files names and pass them to a download call also using wget. List.txt in /home directory FilterDuplicates.html file1.bam file2.bam file3.bam file1.vcf.gz file2.vcf.gz... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
apache_mod_perl-108~358::mod_perl-2.0.7::docs::api::ApacUser:Contributed Peapache_mod_perl-108~358::mod_perl-2.0.7::docs::api::Apache2::Command(3)

NAME
Apache2::Command - Perl API for accessing Apache module command information Synopsis use Apache2::Module (); use Apache2::Command (); my $module = Apache2::Module::find_linked_module('mod_perl.c'); for (my $cmd = $module->cmds; $cmd; $cmd = $cmd->next) { $cmd->args_how(); $cmd->errmsg(); $cmd->name(); $cmd->req_override(); } Description "Apache2::Command" provides the Perl API for accessing Apache module command information API
"Apache2::Command" provides the following functions and/or methods: "args_how" What the command expects as arguments: $how = $cmd->args_how(); obj: $cmd ( "Apache2::Command object" ) ret: $how ( "Apache2::Const :cmd_how constant" ) The flag value representing the type of this command (i.e. "Apache2::Const::ITERATE", "Apache2::Const::TAKE2"). since: 2.0.00 "errmsg" Get usage message for that command, in case of syntax errors: $error = $cmd->errmsg(); obj: $cmd ( "Apache2::Command object" ) ret: $error ( string ) The error message since: 2.0.00 "name" Get the name of this command: $name = $cmd->name(); obj: $cmd ( "Apache2::Command object" ) ret: $name ( string ) The command name since: 2.0.00 "next" Get the next command in the chain of commands for this module: $next = $cmd->next(); obj: $cmd ( "Apache2::Command object" ) ret: $next ( "Apache2::Command object" ) Returns the next command in the chain for this module, "undef" for the last command. since: 2.0.00 "req_override" What overrides need to be allowed to enable this command: $override = $cmd->req_override obj: $cmd ( "Apache2::Command object" ) ret: $override ( "Apache2::Const :override constant" ) The bit mask representing the overrides this command is allowed in (i.e "Apache2::Const::OR_ALL"/"Apache2::Const::ACCESS_CONF"). since: 2.0.00 For example: use Apache2::Const -compile => qw(:override); $cmd->req_override() & Apache2::Const::OR_AUTHCFG; $cmd->req_override() & Apache2::Const::OR_LIMIT; See Also mod_perl 2.0 documentation. Copyright mod_perl 2.0 and its core modules are copyrighted under The Apache Software License, Version 2.0. Authors The mod_perl development team and numerous contributors. perl v5.16.2 2011-02apache_mod_perl-108~358::mod_perl-2.0.7::docs::api::Apache2::Command(3)