Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Distibution of Excel file.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Distibution of Excel file. Post 302697047 by anil029 on Thursday 6th of September 2012 04:12:25 AM
Old 09-06-2012
Distibution of Excel file.

Hi,
I have a requirement where I have list of Excel files (with multiple tabs) placed in Unix directory.The naming convention is [Timestamp]_<Code> where <Code> is unique indentifier for each file. In a database table, I have Distribution list for each code. I want to write a shell script , which will basically pick each file one by one , Check for <Code> value, Connect to database to extract distribution list and send the Excel file to distribution via email. Please help me with the sample script to capture this requirement.

Thanks for you help.
Anil Kumar

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: Split Excel Workbook to Indiv Excel files

Hi, I am trying to find a way to read an excel work book with multiple worksheets. And write each worksheet into a new excel file using perl. My environment is Unix. For example: I have an excel workbook TEST.xls and it has Sheet1, Sheet2, Sheet3 worksheets. I would like to create... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep78
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem in converting password protected excel file to csv file in unix

I need to convert a password protected excel file which will be in UNIX server to a comma separated file. For this I need to open the excel file in UNIX box but the UNIX box doesn't prompt for password instead it is opened in an encrypted manner. I could manually ftp the excel file to local... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devivish
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print excel file / csv file in solaris server ?

Hi, I have to print a excel file in solaris server. I am using lexmark printer with post script printer driver . But the problem is when i am using " lp -d <printer name> <somefile name.xls>" command it is not printing correctly. but for pdf file using the same command it printing correctly. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sambuddha
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert excel file to csv file or text file?

Hi all, I need to find a way to convert excel file into csv or a text file in linux command. The reason is I have hundreds of files to convert. Another complication is the I need to delete the first 5 lines of the excel file before conversion. so for instance input.xls description of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnkim0806
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing excel file using perl : Excel file formatting changed

I am trying to create a program where user can input data in certain excel cells using user interface on internet....the programming is on perl and server is unix But when i parse data into excel the formatting of sheets is turned to default and all macro coding removed. What to do...Please... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mud_born
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to Merge contents of 2 different excel files in a single excel file

All, I have an excel sheet Excel1.xls that has some entries. I have one more excel sheet Excel2.xls that has entries only in those cells which are blank in Excel1.xls These may be in different workbooks. They are totally independent made by 2 different users. I have placed them in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anamika08
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate Excel file or to SQL output data to Excel format/tabular format

Hi , i am generating some data by firing sql query with connecting to the database by my solaris box. The below one should be the header line of my excel ,here its coming in separate row. TO_CHAR(C. CURR_EMP_NO ---------- --------------- LST_NM... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dani1234
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to write a shell script to convert text file to excel file.

Hi Everyone, I want your help to write a script which will take text file as input and on the basis of delimiter ":"script will create excel sheet. Example input: IpAdress:InstanceName:Port:ServerName 10.255.255.1:abc:2232:xyz_abc Output should be an excel sheet like below: Column... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: akabhinav18
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert Excel File (xls) to tab delimited text file on AIX

Hi i have a problem in my job i try to convert an excel file (xls extention) to text file (tab delimited), but no result with this comand cat xxx.xls > xxx.txt Do you have eny idea? PS: sorry for my english Thanks!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frisso
4 Replies
Excel::Template::Plus(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Excel::Template::Plus(3pm)

NAME
Excel::Template::Plus - An extension to the Excel::Template module SYNOPSIS
use Excel::Template::Plus; my $template = Excel::Template::Plus->new( engine => 'TT', template => 'greeting.tmpl', config => { INCLUDE => [ '/templates' ] }, params => { greeting => 'Hello' } ); $template->param(location => 'World'); $template->write_file('greeting.xls'); DISCLAIMER
This is the very first release of this module, it is an idea that I and Rob Kinyon (the author of Excel::Template) had discussed many times, but never got around to doing. This is the first attempt at bring this to reality, it may change radically as it evolves, so be warned. DESCRIPTION
This module is an extension of the Excel::Template module, which allows the user to use various "engines" from which you can create Excel files through Excel::Template. The idea is to use the existing (and very solid) excel file generation code in Excel::Template, but to extend its more templatey bits with more powerful options. The only engine currently provided is the Template Toolkit engine, which replaces Excel::Template's built in template features (the LOOP, and IF constructs) with the full power of TT. This is similar to the module Excel::Template::TT, but expands on that even further to try and create a more extensive system. You can use this module to create Excel::Template-compatible XML files using one of the supported engines. For example, with the TT engine you could create a Excel::Template XML file like: <workbook> <worksheet name="[% worksheet_name %]"> [% my_cols = get_list_of_columns %] <row> [% FOR col = my_cols %] <bold><cell>[% col %]</cell></bold> [% END %] </row> [% FOR my_row = get_list_of_objects %] <row> [% FOR col = my_cols %] <cell>[% my_row.$col %]</cell> [% END %] </row> [% END %] </worksheet> </workbook> Your TT template thus creates a XML file suitable to handing over to Excel::Template for processing. Excel::Template::Plus simplifies the template-creation and handing-over process. Future engine/plans include: Pure Perl This would allow you to write you Excel::Template files using Perl itself which would then output the XML for Excel::Template to consume. This would be modeled after the recently released Template::Declare module perhaps. TT Plugins/Macros/Wrappers This is basically anything which will make the TT engine easier to write templates for. I have experimented with some of these things, but I was not happy with any of them enough to release them yet. HTML::Template Excel::Template's templating features are based on HTML::Template, but the HTML::Template plugins and other goodies are not compatible. This engine would bring those things to Excel::Template. METHODS
new (%options) This method basically serves as a factory for creating new engine instances (for which Excel::Template::Plus::TT is the only one currently). The only parameter that it requires is engine, all other parameters are passed onto the engine's constructor (see the individual docs for more details on what is required). meta Access to the metaclass. BUGS
All complex software has bugs lurking in it, and this module is no exception. If you find a bug please either email me, or add the bug to cpan-RT. ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
This module came out of several discussions I had with Rob Kinyon. AUTHOR
Stevan Little <stevan@iinteractive.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2007-2010 by Infinity Interactive, Inc. <http://www.iinteractive.com> This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-06 Excel::Template::Plus(3pm)