Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reading and writing in same file Post 302697003 by kmajumder on Thursday 6th of September 2012 02:20:54 AM
Old 09-06-2012
Hi tyler,

1. 'abcde' and 'efghi' wont be there in original data. That is what I tried to explain.
The original data is not having the expected value. 'none1111' is the default value if no proper data is found after the 1st grep command.
2. So we have to run a 2nd grep command to replace those default value with expected value with the help of 4th column.
3. 4th column is the only connector b/w the two different log to get the actual 2nd column. So from the first set of data we need to pick up the 4th column (whose 2nd column is 'none1111') and we need to look for other log where we have the same 4th column to pick up the right 2nd column from next log.

Example:- First set of data

1. Consider some grep command gave below result.

Code:
12345,none1111,55,link1
56789,dsadsad,66,ewqrrwe
23456,none1111,77,link2
65655,yuytuytds,88,ertywd

2. In second column we get 'none1111' that means we have to run another grep command to pick up right 2nd column value.
Consider we ran another different grep command which takes 'link1' as input and return expected 2nd column i.e 'abcde'.
3. Then we have to replace all the 'none1111' value by iterating the first set of data and following the same procedure.

Hope it makes a bit clear to you.

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 09-07-2012 at 04:26 AM.. Reason: Code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Reading and Writing file on LAN

Hi gurus I am not a C programmer but I need to read and write files on a computer on LAN using IP address. Suppose on a computer that has an IP 192.168.0.2 Any help or code example. I did in JAVA using URL, but do not know how to do in ANSI-C. In java: ------- URL url = new... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucky001
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Reading a file and writing the file name to a param file.

Hi All, Not sure if this would be in a dummies sectiin or advanced. I'm looking for a script if someone has doen something like this. I have list of files - adc_earnedpoints.20070630.txt adc_earnedpoints.20070707.txt adc_earnedpoints.20070714.txt adc_earnedpoints.20070721.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thebeginer
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

reading ,writing,appending ,manipulating a file.

Hi my prob statement is to create a new file or to append to the 1tst file the followign chages. File 1: txt file. portfolio No a b c d abc 1 Any Any Any charString cds 2 values values values charString efd 3 can can can charString fdg 4 come come come charString... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: szchmaltz
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Log File Writing and Reading

Hi all, I have the following shell script code which tries to sftp and writes the log into the log file. TestConnection () { echo 'Connection to ' $DESTUSERNAME@$DESTHOSTNAME $SETDEBUG if ]; then rm $SCRIPT ; fi touch $SCRIPT echo "cd" $REMOTEDIR >> $SCRIPT echo "quit" >>... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: valluvan
10 Replies

5. Programming

I need help with file reading/writing in C

Hello everybody, I'm trying to code a program which makes the following: It sends an ARP request frame and when it gets the reply, extracts the IP address of source and writes it to a .txt file. This is gonna be done with many hosts (with a for() loop), so, the text file would look like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zykl0n-B
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading data from DataBase and Writing to a file

Hi All, Please help me in writing data to a file in one row. In database there is a column which contains large data which does not fit in the file in one row. The column contains list of paths. I want to write these paths to a file in one row. Please find the code below writes : ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshorpu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for Log / Bad file and Reading and writing to a flat file

Need to develop a unix shell script for the below requirement and I need your assistance: 1) search for file.log and file.bad file in a directory and read them 2) pull out "Load_Start_Time", "Data_File_Name", "Error_Type" from log file 4) concatinate each row from bad file as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlpathir
3 Replies

8. Programming

unexpected values received when writing and reading from file

In the code below i try to write and read from a file, but i get unexpected results, like after writing i cannot open the file, and when reading the file the value entered earlier is not shown bool creat_fragments(int nFragment) { int fd, rand_value; char frag_path, buf; for(int... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saman_glorious
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading a file extracting information writing to a file

Hi I am trying to extract information out of a file but keep getting grep cant open errors the code is below: #bash #extract orders with blank address details # # obtain the current date # set today to the current date ccyymmdd format today=`date +%c%m%d | cut -c24-31` echo... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bruble
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading and Writing a conf file - Suggestions and improvements?

Hello all As part of my TUI - (line based) Text User Interface, i do have 2 commands to assist working with conf files. Now, for me they work, but since i wrote them, i automaticly use them they way they should be used... you know what i mean. ;) Anyway, they are designed to read 'simple'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
3 Replies
DB2_FIELD_PRECISION(3)							 1						    DB2_FIELD_PRECISION(3)

db2_field_precision - Returns the precision of the indicated column in a result set

SYNOPSIS
int db2_field_precision (resource $stmt, mixed $column) DESCRIPTION
Returns the precision of the indicated column in a result set. PARAMETERS
o $stmt - Specifies a statement resource containing a result set. o $column - Specifies the column in the result set. This can either be an integer representing the 0-indexed position of the column, or a string containing the name of the column. RETURN VALUES
Returns an integer containing the precision of the specified column. If the specified column does not exist in the result set, db2_field_precision(3) returns FALSE. SEE ALSO
db2_field_display_size(3), db2_field_name(3), db2_field_num(3), db2_field_scale(3), db2_field_type(3), db2_field_width(3). PHP Documentation Group DB2_FIELD_PRECISION(3)