Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris SPARC T4-1/Solaris 11/Add 2 new HDDs in RAID 0 configuration Post 302696993 by DukeNuke2 on Thursday 6th of September 2012 01:56:03 AM
Old 09-06-2012
why so hard and not just a ZFS mirror? it's one command to create a new filesystem with the 2 disks and there is no need for a reboot...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

solaris 8 sparc kernel configuration guide

i've scoured the net and haven't found too many items. i found one at princeton and a few things at sun's site, however, i don't find them to my level. they seem to be written for someone who is very comfortable doing what they do. does anyone know of any good tutorial that is written similar... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xyyz
1 Replies

2. AIX

regd raid 0 configuration

Hey Alll Thanks for the help u give me yesterday,i need a help again from u all guys i have RS 6000 server with AIX 4.3.3 OS and with external storage (multipack) with 12 Hard disk drive which will be connected to RS 6000 scsi controller ,i dont have any raid card. now i have to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris8in
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

A script for converting raid configuration log messages to ChangeLog files. ....

hi to all am new to shell scripting..itz very urgent. when i excuting the command metastat(raid configuration info) it will display some information. #metastat d1:submirror status: okey pass:1 d2:submirror staus:okey d3:submirror staus:error if staus is okey.no problem.once i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arjunreddy3
0 Replies

4. Solaris

T5240 and Internal SAS RAID Configuration help

Dear Friends, I need to configure T5240 with Internal SAS RAID HBA(SG-XPCIESAS-R-INT-Z).. T5240 uses 8 hard disks... From the documents of RAID card I have found that I need to create a jump start server to include three packages SUNWaac, StorMan, SUNWgccruntime if Im using solaris10 5/08... ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicktrix
5 Replies

5. SCO

raid 1 configuration in sco open unix

Dear Team , how i can configure raid 1 (mirroring) using ide hdd in sco open unix 5 i have two 80gb identical hdd (same make/model) thanx (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir69
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Software RAID configuration

We have configured software based RAID5 with LVM on our RHEL5 servers. Please let us know if its good to configure software RAID on live environment servers. What can be the disadvantages of software RAID against hardware RAID (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mitchnelson
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC?

Hi Gurus can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC? regards, Israel. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
9 Replies

8. Red Hat

RAID Configuration for IBM Serveraid-7k SCSI RAID Controller

Hello, I want to delete a RAID configuration an old server has. Since i haven't the chance to work with the specific raid controller in the past can you please help me how to perform the configuraiton? I downloaded IBM ServeRAID Support CD but i wasn't able to configure the video card so i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)