Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed prepend text ?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed prepend text ? Post 302696865 by Corona688 on Wednesday 5th of September 2012 02:33:46 PM
Old 09-05-2012
Code:
sed 's/Subject: /Subject: extra stuff/' input > output

This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

prepend columns to a file

I have two files. File 'a' has contents: 1|1 2|2 3|3 4|4 and file 'b' has contents: abc|def hij|klm nop|qrs tuv|wxy I would like to prepend file 'a' to file 'b' (with pipe) such that the contents of 'b' will be: 1|1|abc|def 2|2|hij|klm 3|3|nop|qrs 4|4|tuv|wxy (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChicagoBlues
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to insert new text and change existing text in a file using SED

Hi all, I need to insert new text and change existing text in a file. For that I used the below line in the command line and got the expected output. sed '$a\ hi... ' shell > shell1 But I face problem when using the same in script. It is throwing the error as, sed: command garbled:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamgeethuj
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append and Prepend Text to a file list

I want to print out a directory listing, then append ] to the end of each line. I'm trying to create a list of Wiki links based on folder listings that i can just copy and paste without having to edit 100's of file listings. Using sed i've figured out to do something like this: sed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CapnDoody
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with uniq -D [prepend]

Hi, I am trying to add a blank line between sets of replicate values. I have been trying to use uniq -D -f4 input.txt > output.txt The input is like V2-1.0 -1.0 5500.00 4162.00 529976.06030125.0 1997A V2-1.0 -1.0 6000.00 4285.00 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eknryan
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk text record - prepend first field to all subsequent fields

Hello everyone, I've suddenly gotten very interested in sed and awk (and enjoying it quite a bit too) because of a large conversion project that we're working on. I'm currently stuck with a very inefficient process for processing text blocks. I'm sure someone here should be able to easily point out... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jameswatson3
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to prepend spaces using sed command..?

hi all , i had the below sed command to append header at the starting of my output file .... sed -i -e '1i saikumar suresh hemanth' output.txt i want to append spaces to the Name saikumar how can i append with in this command ....? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prepend text, different matched 1st letters

Prepending lines with: your, the, a or an based on 1st letter match. You'll see my problem below: sed '/^p\|^f\|^c\|^d\|^l/ s/^/your /' list.txt > your.txt && sed '/^v\|^j\|^k\|^m\|^n\|^s/ s/^/the /' your.txt > the.txt && sed '/^b\|^g\|^h\|^q\|^r\|^t\|^w\|^z/ s/^/a /' the.txt > a.txt && sed... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: p1ne
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gnu tool; sed awk echo etc to prepend or append string to a file

Looking to add text to a file, example File example; nodegroups: check-hosts: L@host.domain.com,host2.domain.com,host3.domain.com I need to take a file with a one line list of hosts separated by commas host.domain.com,host2.domain.com,host3.domain.comand prepend the string " ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Prepend 0 to a field in a record

Hi All, I have a file like below. In the field 9 I am having 14,014,3,001/009 on the records. I want to convert the field to a three digit value. For example 14 should 014 , 3 should 003 11050;11001;;CREDITTRANC;5293218;NRATL;;;11095;;-1;14;3;29=0000;1.25... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find header in a text file and prepend it to all lines until another header is found

I've been struggling with this one for quite a while and cannot seem to find a solution for this find/replace scenario. Perhaps I'm getting rusty. I have a file that contains a number of metrics (exactly 3 fields per line) from a few appliances that are collected in parallel. To identify the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: verdepollo
3 Replies
Locale::Script(3perl)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				     Locale::Script(3perl)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. The ones currently supported are: alpha This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA". The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. numeric This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC". ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes Locale::Constants http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 Locale::Script(3perl)