Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Using Apache2 to Store Files for Accessing with wget? Post 302696827 by mrm5102 on Wednesday 5th of September 2012 12:58:27 PM
Old 09-05-2012
Using Apache2 to Store Files for Accessing with wget?

Hello All,

I have a Virtual Machine that I basically use for just testing stuff on. It is running SLES 11.1 and Apache2.

I was able to get Apache2 set-up and working... I was able to insert a basic index.html page (i.e. a simple "Hello World" html page)
just to check and make sure I can access it from my local machine in Firefox. Which does work...

I wanted to see if there was a way I could say create a directory, i.e. "/srv/www/htdocs/docs" and insert files in there that I would
like to share with my local machine. Then from my localhost be able to issue a: (for example the server's IP is 192.168.2.2)
Code:
# wget http://192.168.2.2/docs/myFile_I_want.txt

Could anyone tell me if this is possible..?
Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks in Advance,
Matt

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing Files on another drive

Hey..alright heres the deal I'm going to do a triple boot if you would Win98SE, Win2K, and Redhat Linux 7.1 now I have two HDs each with 30 gigs i've allowed one HD to the OS's with 10 gigs each...the third I intend to be one for windows to pull things thats compliant with both 98 and 2k and store... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PravusMentis
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing files/folders with spaces

Hi there, our unix and windows are related. i.e. if i save a file while being on windows my unix profile would contain the same file, at the same location. so i can access all my files through unix prompt. but if i save a file/folder being on windows account and put spaces between the name of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: a25khan
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing files on unix share from xp?

Sorry if the is in the wrong section, but would like to know if anyone can help with the following I am on a network using Windows XP and am having problems viewing/manipulating files on one of the shared drives, which happens to be a snap server. I have no other problems with any of the other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MrB
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accessing files with perl

Hello i am new to Perl and i have a question. I am trying to read a file that has the following format: 14/4/2008 8:42:03 πμ|10800|306973223399|4917622951117|1||1259|1|126|492|433||19774859454$ 14/4/2008 9:13:08 πμ|10800|306973223399|306970097423|1||1264|1|126|492|878||19774859762$... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

accessing windows files from unix

Hello, I am new to Unix and I would like to know how can I see my files from Windows desktop. When I type ls, I can see a list of files-directories including Desktop, but when I cd Desktop, and then ls there is a message 'Link to old Desktop'. (The big picture is to build a sundials library but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: s097
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accessing files in batch

hai, I have a list of files having extension .sy in a folder. I want to find such files and print the first two columns of the files to new extension .tmp (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sreejithalokkan
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store filenames for wget in bash

I have a bash that downloads a list of files as a text file using wget. What I now need to do is store those files names and pass them to a download call also using wget. List.txt in /home directory FilterDuplicates.html file1.bam file2.bam file3.bam file1.vcf.gz file2.vcf.gz... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
Apache2::Build(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Apache2::Build(3)

NAME
Apache2::Build - Methods for locating and parsing bits of Apache source code SYNOPSIS
use Apache2::Build (); my $build = Apache2::Build->new; # rebuild mod_perl with build opts from the previous build % cd modperl-2.0 % perl -MApache2::Build -e rebuild DESCRIPTION
This module provides methods for locating and parsing bits of Apache source code. Since mod_perl remembers what build options were used to build it, you can use this knowledge to rebuild it using the same options. Simply chdir to the mod_perl source directory and run: % cd modperl-2.0 % perl -MApache2::Build -e rebuild If you want to rebuild not yet installed, but already built mod_perl, run from its root directory: % perl -Ilib -MApache2::Build -e rebuild METHODS
new Create an object blessed into the Apache2::Build class. my $build = Apache2::Build->new; dir Top level directory where source files are located. my $dir = $build->dir; -d $dir or die "can't stat $dir $! "; find Searches for apache source directories, return a list of those found. Example: for my $dir ($build->find) { my $yn = prompt "Configure with $dir ?", "y"; ... } inc Print include paths for MakeMaker's INC argument to "WriteMakefile". Example: use ExtUtils::MakeMaker; use Apache2::Build (); WriteMakefile( 'NAME' => 'Apache2::Module', 'VERSION' => '0.01', 'INC' => Apache2::Build->new->inc, ); module_magic_number Return the MODULE_MAGIC_NUMBER defined in the apache source. Example: my $mmn = $build->module_magic_number; httpd_version Return the server version. Example: my $v = $build->httpd_version; otherldflags Return other ld flags for MakeMaker's dynamic_lib argument to "WriteMakefile". This might be needed on systems like AIX that need special flags to the linker to be able to reference mod_perl or httpd symbols. Example: use ExtUtils::MakeMaker; use Apache2::Build (); WriteMakefile( 'NAME' => 'Apache2::Module', 'VERSION' => '0.01', 'INC' => Apache2::Build->new->inc, 'dynamic_lib' => { 'OTHERLDFLAGS' => Apache2::Build->new->otherldflags, }, ); AUTHOR
Doug MacEachern perl v5.18.2 2015-06-18 Apache2::Build(3)