Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory distributed filesystem over internet/VPN Post 302696769 by Corona688 on Wednesday 5th of September 2012 11:29:35 AM
Old 09-05-2012
You want instant concurrency, with 100MB files?

How fast are your network links?

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Wanted: Geographically distributed filesystem solution

I'm looking for a means to ensure that servers in the two or three datacenters, connected in a ring via IP through two ISPs, can distribute load and/or replicate data among at least two SAN-class disk devices. I want to evaluate several solutions, and I'm open to solutions ranging from free,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: otheus
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hwo to find shared filesystem and local filesystem in AIX

Hi, I wanted to find out that in my database server which filesystems are shared storage and which filesystems are local. Like when I use df -k, it shows "filesystem" and "mounted on" but I want to know which one is shared and which one is local. Please tell me the commands which I can run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamranjalal
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

Internet connection single interface through vpn

Hi. Can you please help me with a routing problem? There are 2 networks: 192.168.10.0/24 (eth0) 192.168.11.0/24 (eth0:1) The default gateway is 192.168.10.1 iPv4 routing is already enabled and working. With vpnc I've built up an VPN connection and can access my home network... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tschmi
0 Replies
pthread_getconcurrency(3)				     Library Functions Manual					 pthread_getconcurrency(3)

NAME
pthread_getconcurrency - Obtains the value of the concurrency level global variable for this process. LIBRARY
DECthreads POSIX 1003.1c Library (libpthread.so) SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_getconcurrency( void); STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: IEEE Std 1003.1c-1995, POSIX System Application Program Interface PARAMETERS
None DESCRIPTION
This routine obtains and returns the value of the "concurrency level" global setting for the calling thread's process. Because DECthreads automatically manages the concurrency of all threads in a multithreaded process, DECthreads ignores this concurrency level value. The concurrency level value has no effect on the behavior of a multithreaded program that uses DECthreads. This routine is provided for Single UNIX Specification, Version 2, source code compatibility and has no other effect when called. The initial concurrency level is zero (0), indicating that DECthreads controls the concurrency level. The concurrency level can be set using the pthread_setconcurrency(3) routine. RETURN VALUES
This routine always returns the value of this process's concurrency level global variable. If this process has never called the pthread_setconcurrency(3) routine, this routine returns zero (0). ERRORS
None RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: pthread_setconcurrency(3) Manuals: Guide to DECthreads and Programmer's Guide delim off pthread_getconcurrency(3)