Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Undefined Symbol
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Undefined Symbol Post 302696525 by Ranadeep Ghosal on Wednesday 5th of September 2012 05:47:56 AM
Old 09-05-2012
Undefined Symbol

When I try to link a .so file I get the undefined symbol error. Though I have the library file in my system. The compile and linking commands used are as follows

Code:
g++ -m64 -g -Wall -I./include -c dxl_sample.c
g++ -o firstprogram -m64 -g -Wall -I./include -Bdynamic -L/export/home/bscsix3/lib/sun10.x -ldx dxl_sample.o 
Undefined                       first referenced
 symbol                             in file
dxl_init                            dxl_sample.o
ld: fatal: symbol referencing errors. No output written to firstprogram
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake: *** [firstprogram] Error 1

Result of uname -a
Code:
SunOS t5220x1039 5.10 Generic_147440-01 sun4v sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise-T5220

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use code tags next time for your code and data.

Last edited by zaxxon; 09-05-2012 at 06:51 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .hello

Hello, when i compile with xlc on aix i got the error message "ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .hello" dummy.pc: #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #include "dummy.h" int main ( ) { printf("\nbefore Hello"); hello(); printf("\npast Hello"); ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stockdan
2 Replies

2. Programming

fread64 fwrite64 compilation problem (undefined symbol)

I use a standard C source to access large files in a 32 bit environment. I've replaced fopen, fwrite and fread by fopen64, fwrite64 and fread64. First I did a test only replacing fopen by fopen64, it compiled without any other changes to my compilation options. The program crashed on a write, as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Isax50
3 Replies

3. Programming

Undefined symbol: .getcury in getyx

Iam attempting a script to return the current cursor position using the getyc macro I have #included the curses.h however on compilation (with gcc) it errors with Undefined symbol .getcury Undefined symbol .gercurx Any ideas where I can find a solution or what I've missed (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
7 Replies

4. Programming

shared object "undefined symbol: fstat" error

Didn't have this problem in AIX, but ported to Linux with GCC compiler and am now getting a runtime error: tssutil: symbol lookup error: /work/agility/devel/bin/libagam.so: undefined symbol: fstat I'm sure most of you know that fstat is an intrinsic function just like printf, memcpy, etc. When I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcus121
5 Replies

5. Programming

undefined symbol: clock_gettime' error

Hi, i've compiled my app on x86_64 with -m32 gcc option. Can anybody tell me what is/would typically cause the 'undefined symbol: clock_gettime' error?? -1 k){0N!x y} '/home/da71336/simon/mkvfh/mkv.so: undefined symbol: clock_gettime @ "q" "subr:mkv 2:`subr,3; subc:mkv 2:`subc,1;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dpa078
4 Replies

6. AIX

Undefined symbol: .log

Hi All, When I am compiling expect 5.40 library in AIX 5.3, I am getting the following error while generating expect5.40.so file. ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .log ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .pow ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravindra_maddal
0 Replies

7. Programming

Error: Undefined Symbol ..... First referenced in file......

Hi, I am working with Solaris 5.9 and I am newbie in Socket programming and I stated working with socket programming and I copyed a simple client & server program from a website which I am attaching with this and when I am compiling these files.I am getting the error-- Please Help me to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
1 Replies

8. Programming

ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: stdscr

I am trying to compile pro*c program on aix 5.3. The program compiled fine when I was using curses library. After switching to ncurses, I have started getting compilation errors. After installing ncurses on the box, I changed the -lcurses flag to -lncurses. I have also updated the path to the... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: wvuguy
13 Replies

9. Programming

gmake undefined symbol error

I have a C code which i am trying to compile using gcc. When i am trying to compile it i get the error undefined symbol error though i am providing the -l*** option where *** refers to the module where the object files for those symbols are present. Can someone help me on the same. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manaankit
4 Replies

10. Programming

Undefined Symbol

When I try to link a .so file I get the undefined symbol error. Though I have the library file in my system. The compile and linking commands used are as follows g++ -m64 -g -Wall -I./include -c dxl_sample.c g++ -o firstprogram -m64 -g -Wall -I./include -Bdynamic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ranadeep Ghosal
1 Replies
PPI::Token::Symbol(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     PPI::Token::Symbol(3)

NAME
PPI::Token::Symbol - A token class for variables and other symbols INHERITANCE
PPI::Token::Symbol isa PPI::Token isa PPI::Element DESCRIPTION
The "PPI::Token::Symbol" class is used to cover all tokens that represent variables and other things that start with a sigil. METHODS
This class has several methods beyond what is provided by its PPI::Token and PPI::Element parent classes. Most methods are provided to help work out what the object is actually pointing at, rather than what it might appear to be pointing at. canonical The "canonical" method returns a normalized, canonical version of the symbol. For example, it converts "$ ::foo'bar::baz" to $main::foo::bar::baz. This does not fully resolve the symbol, but merely removes syntax variations. symbol The "symbol" method returns the ACTUAL symbol this token refers to. A token of $foo might actually be referring to @foo, if it is found in the form $foo[1]. This method attempts to resolve these issues to determine the actual symbol. Returns the symbol as a string. raw_type The "raw_type" method returns the apparent type of the symbol in the form of its sigil. Returns the sigil as a string. symbol_type The "symbol_type" method returns the actual type of the symbol in the form of its sigil. Returns the sigil as a string. SUPPORT
See the support section in the main module. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.3 2011-02-26 PPI::Token::Symbol(3)