Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Reconstructing RAID
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Reconstructing RAID Post 302696333 by tonyaldr on Tuesday 4th of September 2012 08:24:00 PM
Old 09-04-2012
Doesn't look good. Here's a copy of what I see -
Code:
^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@

Takes up the whole screen.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

reconstructing a record in a diffrent order

Can sed be used to take a existing record and reverse the order of defined character placement if there is no delimeters? existing record: 0123456789CO expected result: 9876543210CO if there were delimeters I could define the delimeter and each placement would have an id which I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: r1500
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

regarding raid

Hello, I am aware that our system has two hard drives with raid but i'm not sure as to the type of raid the system uses. I tried this. # df Filesystem 512-blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused Mounted on /dev/hd4 229376 76272 67% 6748 12% / /dev/hd2 3080192... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: h1timmboy
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RAID software vs hardware RAID

Hi Can someone tell me what are the differences between software and hardware raid ? thx for help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
2 Replies

4. Solaris

implementing RAID 1 from RAID 5

Dear ALl, I have a RAID 5 volume which is as below d120 r 60GB c1t2d0s5 c1t3d0s5 c1t4d0s5 c1t5d0s5 d7 r 99GB c1t2d0s0 c1t3d0s0 c1t4d0s0 c1t5d0s0 d110 r 99GB c1t2d0s4 c1t3d0s4 c1t4d0s4 c1t5d0s4 d8 r 99GB c1t2d0s1 c1t3d0s1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Creation of Raid 01 and Raid 10

Hello All, I have read enough of texts on Raid 01 and Raid 10 on solaris :wall: . But no-where found a way to create them using SVM. Some one pls tell me how to do or Post some link if that helps. TIA Curious solarister (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Solarister
1 Replies

6. AIX

SCSI PCI - X RAID Controller card RAID 5 AIX Disks disappeared

Hello, I have a scsi pci x raid controller card on which I had created a disk array of 3 disks when I type lspv ; I used to see 3 physical disks ( two local disks and one raid 5 disk ) suddenly the raid 5 disk array disappeared ; so the hardware engineer thought the problem was with SCSI... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with RAID.

Hi Gurus, Can any one explain me the difference between hardware RAID and s/w RAID. Thanks in Advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Software RAID on top of Hardware RAID

Server Model: T5120 with 146G x4 disks. OS: Solaris 10 - installed on c1t0d0. Plan to use software raid (veritas volume mgr) on c1t2d0 disk. After format and label the disk, still not able to detect using vxdiskadm. Question: Should I remove the hardware raid on c1t2d0 first? My... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

RAID Configuration for IBM Serveraid-7k SCSI RAID Controller

Hello, I want to delete a RAID configuration an old server has. Since i haven't the chance to work with the specific raid controller in the past can you please help me how to perform the configuraiton? I downloaded IBM ServeRAID Support CD but i wasn't able to configure the video card so i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
0 Replies
geoip(3)							    Version 0.2 							  geoip(3)

NAME
geoip - A Tcl extension for geographic or organisational lookup of IP addresses and hostnames. SYNOPSIS
geoip open [-type TYPE ] [-flags FLAG ] geoip open [-file PATH ] [-flags FLAG ] geoip [COMMAND] geoip [QUERY] arg1 DESCRIPTION
This Tcl extension encapsulates most of GeoIP C API functions into tcl commands. OPEN OPTIONS
open takes either a file path and a set of flags, or a type and a set of flags. Supported types and flags are described below. TYPE Looks under the standard installation share directory, eg /usr/local/share/GeoIP/ for a GeoIP database according to type. PATH Absolute/relative path to GeoIP database. FLAG Flags seperated by ':', eg memory_cache:memory_check COMMAND
Individual singular commands can be one of: close Close the currently open database. db_info Get information about the current database. db_edition Returns edition of opened database. db_avail Test the availability of databases in your system in known locations. e.g db_avail country_edition QUERY
Commands that query the database. All commands return N/A if a result cannot be found. If none already open, a command will attempt to open a suitable database. country commands will open a country_edition database. region commands will open a region_edition_rev1 one. name com- mands will open an org_edition one, and the record_edition will open a city_edition_rev1 database. The commands are: country_code_by_addr Takes an IP address and returns the ISO-3166-1 Alpha-2 code of the country. country_code3_by_addr Takes an IP address and returns the ISO-3166-1 Alpha-3 code the country. country_code_by_name Takes a hostname and returns the ISO-3166-1 Alpha-2 code the country. country_code3_by_name Takes a hostname and returns the ISO-3166-1 Alpha-3 code the country. country_name_by_addr Takes an IP address and returns the country name. country_name_by_name Takes a hostname and returns the country name. name_by_addr Takes an IP address and returns the organisation name (or ISP/ASnum according to the opened database) name_by_name Takes a hostname and returns the organisation name. region_by_addr Takes an IP address and returns these region attributes as in an associative array: country, region region_by_name Takes a hostname and returns the region attributes. record_by_addr Takes an IP address and returns these record attributes as in an associative array: code, code3, region, country, city, postcode, latitude, longitude, dma(dma code), and area (area code) record_by_name Takes a hostname and returns the record attributes. TYPES
Relevant types of databases are: country_edition, org_edition, isp_edition, city_edition_rev1, region_edition_rev1, geoip_asnum_edition. "open -type" will accept their unambiguous abbreviations. FLAGS
Valid flags are: standard, memory_cache, check_cache, index_cache. FILES
./share/GeoIP.dat GeoIP country_edition database. ./share/GeoIPOrg.dat GeoIP org_edition database. ./share/GeoIPCity.dat GeoIP region_city_rev1 database. ./share/GeoIPRegion.dat GeoIP region_edition_rev1 database. ./share/GeoIPASNum.dat GeoIP asnum_edition database. BUGS
Please report to author. AUTHOR
Djihed Afifi <djihed@gmail.com>. SEE ALSO
GeoIP C API documentation <www.maxmind.com> Tcl extension April 2007 geoip(3)