Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problem with test syntax in script Post 302696239 by vgersh99 on Tuesday 4th of September 2012 01:01:44 PM
Old 09-04-2012
` is not the same as '

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with script and syntax error message

Hi I have the following script and have problem debugging the problems. The function of this script is to make sure the entire file is being received (the filesize of a data is not changing after 20 seconds) and start moving the file to another directory. This script should be started every 30mins.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ReV
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax problem

dear friends, I have a large size file containg two fields data like this *** **** 122 222 ***** ***** ***** ***** 232 233 i have file like this. i want to remove blank lines from file . i think awk is servive this problem i wrote a awk command but the error is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax error in shell test: unknown operator

Hi All, can some one figure out the syntax issue here. How to overcome this? #!/bin/sh $ HFR_MAIL=NO $ PRP_MAIL=NO $ MC_MAIL=NO $ if && && ]; then > echo "NO " > else > echo "YES" > fi test: unknown operator NO $ if && && ]; then > echo "NO" > else > echo "YES" >... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellscripter
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax error for if statment test expression

Hi what's the correct way of writing if 1)if "$time_diff" -gt 5 then echo "killing hung process \n" fi 2)if test $time_diff -gt 5 then echo "killing hung process \n" fi where -time_diff=$(($Sam - $current_min)) and current_min=`date +%M` infact both are giving Syntax... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anteus
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

K script not running / syntax problem

Hi, I have following K script, that is in rc0.d directory to be run on shutdown. It's linked using the 'ln' command to init.d.Can anyone tell me as to why it's not running, or if i have incorrect syntax?I get: "test: argument expected type=uname -p + " When running it with sh -x ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: darrlaw
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax for IF test or AWK for octal

Using korn shell. I am reading a file line by line. If a record has a carriage return (octal 015) then I append the second record to the first record. Not all records have a carriage return. I have the unix shell script working with grep, but when my file has +100,000 records it runs slow. I would... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sboxtops
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test shell script (PROBLEM)

Dears , kindly I wanna do test for one KSH script to know how is it working , the problem that I'm facing is whenever put "sh -x ./my_script.sh" the output seems very long & although I tried to to redirect it to files as it shown , but it failed :eek: :- sh -x ./my_script.sh >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arm
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with if-else syntax

I'm calling the following if-else from nawk. But I keep getting an error at the "else". I've tried putting more brackets and ; but still I get complaints about the "else". Any ideas ? Thanks, wbrunc BEGIN { FS = "," ; OFS = "," } { if ( $8 ~ /A/ && $9 == B ) $1="4/29/2013" ; $2="J.Doe"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbrunc
2 Replies
OPENSCAD-TESTRUN(1)					      General Commands Manual					       OPENSCAD-TESTRUN(1)

NAME
openscad-testrun - set up and run the OpenSCAD test suite SYNOPSIS
openscad-testrun [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the openscad-testrun command. openscad-testrun is a script that sets up a directory in which the OpenSCAD test suite (implemented in ctest) can be run by creating sym- links to the system locations of the input data, and runs it. The created directory is not removed, but will contain the test results in addition to the symlinks. It is required as the test suite in its original form expects all the test input and output data in relative locations, and the typical user has no write access to where the data resides. Future changes to the test suite might make it more flexible, removing the need for this script. OPTIONS
-d directory, --directory directory Set up the tests in a directory called directory. By default, this is generated from the current date and time like openscad- test-2012-02-15_13:37. -n, --dry-run Do not run the test suite, just set it up. All additional arguments are passed on to ctest. AUTHOR
The OpenSCAD test suite was written by Clifford Wolf, Marius Kintel, and others. The openscad-testrun script was written by chrysn. This manual page was written by chrysn <chrysn@fsfe.org>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). 2012-02-16 OPENSCAD-TESTRUN(1)