Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Connect Direct for copying files from Mainframes to UNIX Post 302695929 by karthikm on Tuesday 4th of September 2012 05:34:19 AM
Old 09-04-2012
Connect Direct for copying files from Mainframes to UNIX

Hai Friends,

Please help me in providing unix shell script for pulling data from mainframe dataset to unix using connect direct (NDM).

Thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to direct-connect two UNIX boxes

Hello, I have a V880 and a 420 running Solaris 9. Each box has more than one NIC card. I'd like to know how to configure the network on the two boxes so that I can directly connect the NIC cards. Meaning, I don't want a switch or router between the two. I just want to run a CAT5 cable to each... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: agcodba
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem using connect direct

Hi, I have a script in which i'm using ndm connect direct to fetch data from the client server..syntax i'm using is ./con_using_connectdirect /load/nctrl nctrl $xhost where con_using_connectdirect is the script which establishes connection load/nctrl is the path from where data... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sheema
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Connect direct configuration on Solaris

Hi, I am configuring Connect direct on Solaries 6.0, but whenever i am giving the below command cdpmgr -i /export/app/cdunix/ndm/cfg/khello/initparm.cfg i am getting the message Component <cdpmgr ndmcmgr ndmsmgr ndmumgr cdstatm> permissions are not set. Please follow instructions in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidd
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to connect to another server and copying files

Hi Unix Gurus, I have a doubt reg file transfer. I have used the below script to connect to another server and find files having modified for the last 24 hours and have to move the file to another server. While i tried i am getting authentication failed, destination path not found issue. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: incepted
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

IBM Connect:Direct Error

Hi to all, I've installed IBM Connect:Direct 4.1.00 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.5, but when I try to execute the "direct cli", I obtain the following error: $ ./direct *********************************************************** * ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: f.vietti
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect:Direct

Hello all, I have a requirement to transfer files to mainframe usinf NDM connect:direct. So can anybody provide me a sample shell script on how to call a connect;direct script by providing filename as a parameter please? Thanks, Ajay (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaykumar4534
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect direct script for unix

I want to connect direct a xml file and a excel file each separately from unix system to another unix system.The size of the xml file and excel file may vary each time. Below is the possible connect direct script to transfer the files.Please check if it is correct? Also does DCB parameter... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bk_12345
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Linux to Connect direct transfer

I am transfering a file using connect direct from Linux to Mainframe. Its a point to point transfer but its failing with below error: **** Error from CONNECT:Direct API - ndmapi_recvresp_c error Can we do PTP transfers? code tags for code, please. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gerryperillo
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue with Connect direct ndmcli

Hi.. We are using connect direct to transfer the files between servers. The CD scripts run on HP UX. Below is the code using ndmcli. ndmcli -x << EOJ submit maxdelay=0 proc1 process snode=$3 step1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anijan
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connect direct - SFTP - List of servers that I can connect

Greetings Experts, I am working for a bank client and have a question on connect-direct and SFTP. We are using Linux RedHat servers. We use connect-direct to transfer (NDM) files from one server to another server. At times, we manually transfer the files using SFTP from one server to another... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
2 Replies
term::ansi::ctrl::unix(3tcl)					 Terminal control				      term::ansi::ctrl::unix(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
term::ansi::ctrl::unix - Control operations and queries SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require term::ansi::ctrl::unix ?0.1.1? ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::import ?ns? ?arg...? ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::columns ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::rows _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
WARNING: This package is unix-specific and depends on the availability of two unix system commands for terminal control, i.e. stty and tput, both of which have to be found in the $PATH. If any of these two commands is missing the loading of the package will fail. The package provides commands to switch the standard input of the current process between raw and cooked input modes, and to query the size of terminals, i.e. the available number of columns and lines. API
INTROSPECTION ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::import ?ns? ?arg...? This command imports some or all attribute commands into the namespace ns. This is by default the namespace ctrl. Note that this is relative namespace name, placing the imported command into a child of the current namespace. By default all commands are imported, this can howver be restricted by listing the names of the wanted commands after the namespace argument. OPERATIONS ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw This command switches the standard input of the current process to raw input mode. This means that from then on all characters typed by the user are immediately reported to the application instead of waiting in the OS buffer until the Enter/Return key is received. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw This command switches the standard input of the current process to cooked input mode. This means that from then on all characters typed by the user are kept in OS buffers for editing until the Enter/Return key is received. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::columns This command queries the terminal connected to the standard input for the number of columns available for display. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::rows This command queries the terminal connected to the standard input for the number of rows (aka lines) available for display. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category term of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
ansi, columns, control, cooked, input mode, lines, raw, rows, terminal CATEGORY
Terminal control COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006-2011 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> term 0.1.1 term::ansi::ctrl::unix(3tcl)