Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Displaying contents with Echo Post 302695911 by sathyaonnuix on Tuesday 4th of September 2012 05:04:43 AM
Old 09-04-2012
Displaying contents with Echo

Hello,

How can i display the below ... say
Code:
echo "Start \n Analyse \n ~/temp/input.txt \nStop"

Now my output should look like below

Code:
Start
Analyse
This is from input file
Stop

I tried
Code:
 echo "Start \n Analyse \n $var \nStop

where $var = "~/temp/input.txt".. It did not work out.. Also I tried with eval with echo, it again failed.

Help me printing the characters whats specified in echo and also the contents from my input file. Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo contents of differing variable names

I'm trying to write a script that reads down a listcontaining various columns, if line1 column 1 != 0 then copy various field to variable field1, then check line1 column2 if > 0 this time copy to variable field2 ... Once all columns checked I want to print the value of each variable if it exists... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to echo the file contents LINE BY LINE

hello, i have a listing (let say ABC) consists of the below: : public database link public synonym role rollback segment : when i run the below for loop, for i in `more ABC` do echo "$i" done it gives me, : public database (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie168
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help displaying contents of Directories - Urgent

I am new to shell programming and have an assignment question which requires me to list the contents of the present working directory in 4 column format and highlight any subdirectories. It then requires me to develop the shell script to accept a directory name as a positional parameter (if no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjnd1988
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing filename as parameter and displaying the file contents

Hi All, Its extremely urgent regarding the following requirement. I have created few files in a directory. I have write a program in shell scripting such that it prompts for the filename . once the filename is entered,it should print the contents of the file. Can anyone help with... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhi2424
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to correctly use an echo inside an echo?

Bit of a weird one i suppose, i want to use an echo inside an echo... For example... i have a script that i want to use to take users input and create another script. Inside this script it creates it also needs to use echos... echo "echo "hello"" >$file echo "echo "goodbye"" >$file ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokachoka
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compare 2 file contents , if same delete 2nd file contents

Give shell script....which takes two file names as input and compares the contents, is both are same delete second file's contents..... I try with "diff"...... but confusion how to use "diff" with if ---else Thanking you (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnampkkm
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Echo not displaying variable in If-Else condition

if then echo "Entry Valid : ${x_oug}" else echo "Entry Invalid : " 0 fi In the above code the 3rd line is not working... it does not print anything I tried following as well .. but no luck! echo "Entry Valid : ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chetanz
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Folder contents getting appended as strings while redirecting file contents to a variable

Hi one of the output of the command is as below # sed -n "/CCM-ResourceHealthCheck:/,/---------/{/CCM-ResourceHealthCheck:/d;/---------/d;p;}" Automation.OutputZ$zoneCounter | sed 's/$/<br>/' Resource List : <br> *************************** 1. row ***************************<br> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Echo variable contents into a text file...

Hi all, I am trying to create a script to read my Windows UUIDs and create mounts in fstab. I know there are different and maybe even better ways to mount Windows partitions at boot time, but I always manually create them in fstab successfully. I do a clean install of Ubuntu often and would like to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ian Pride
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

If contents of A are in B then move the common contents to C

Hallo Team, I have 2 .csv files file A has 47600 lines and file B has 67000 lines FILEA SD0o9rb01-1d320ddbcc8d220f572739ebed5f58d1-v300g00 SD8bt0101-a0810bfe0e3396060126ec51b30dac0a-v300g00 SD05sce01-cb056af347ed4651f29eb3c3e9addbd6-v300g00... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kekanap
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)