Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Permissions configuration for web server Post 302695601 by pn8830 on Monday 3rd of September 2012 08:37:16 AM
Old 09-03-2012
Thank you very much, guys!

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dynamic web pages for Unix Web Server

Hi, my company is considering a new development of our web site, which used to run on Apachi over Solaris. The company who is going to do this for us knows only about developing it in ASP. I guess this means we'll have to have another ISS server on NT for these dynamic pages :( What are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: me2unix
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web Server - uploading Frontpage web - will there be problems??

hiya All, New to this Web site stuff. Will be installing Fedora's latest O/S (including Apache) - onto a spare PC Then... Gulp... setting up a Web server. Designing a Web site using WINDOWS FRONT PAGE 2002: * Simply easiest/quickiest way to knock up a basic site. * There won't be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: marty 600
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Web server configuration in Unix

Dear All, i'm very new to this forum, infact just joined today. :o . i want to install and configure web server on Unix (Sco Openserver 5.0.7). i want any documents or text guide on this..... awaiting for experts help, Thanx Nikhil (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: niksharma
1 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

TextMate web server permissions

this could be a dumb question. i am still becoming used to usr / group permissions. permissions to place a file into XAMPP/htdocs. the problem is that when i go to place a TextMate file into XAMPP/htdocs a window comes up and states: Type your password to allow TextMate to make changes. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cowLips
2 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Web Server/Permissions issues.

I do not know if this is the correct place to post this, and I have tried to trawl through relevant articles to fix the issue, but I am stumped. I have a server, log as root. var/www is root:root var/www/website-one is root:root var/www/website-one/neosmart-stream is root:root This... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: LightCastle
10 Replies
answerbook2_admin(1M)					  System Administration Commands				     answerbook2_admin(1M)

NAME
answerbook2_admin - bring up AnswerBook2 administration tool GUI SYNOPSIS
/usr/dt/bin/answerbook2_admin [-h] DESCRIPTION
The AnswerBook2 server product is no longer included with Solaris or the Solaris Documentation CD products. Solaris docmentation is now provided in HTML and PDF format on the Documentation CD and does not require the Answerbook2 server to be viewed. answerbook2_admin brings up the default web browser showing the administration interface for the local AnswerBook2 server. The administration functionality is also accessible through the AnswerBook2 Admin option within the System_Admin subset of the Application Manager function on the CDE front panel Applications menu. If you need an AnswerBook2 server, you can download the AnswerBook2 server software from http://www.sun.com. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -h Displays a usage statement. USAGE
At startup time, answerbook2_admin starts up the default web browser (for example, Mozilla) and displays the URL specified for administer- ing the local AnswerBook2 server (http://localhost:8888). If the user has set up administration access control, the web browser prompts for a valid administrator login and password for this document server before displaying the administration tool. FILES
/usr/lib/ab2/dweb/data/config/admin_passwd File containing username:password ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |http://www.sun.com | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) NOTES
Once there is an open web browser and access to the AnswerBook2 Administration tool, use its online Help system to find out more about administering the AnswerBook2 server. SunOS 5.10 29 Oct 2004 answerbook2_admin(1M)