Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to execute a part of code at particular time Post 302695569 by raj_saini20 on Monday 3rd of September 2012 06:40:41 AM
Old 09-03-2012
use cron for this
This User Gave Thanks to raj_saini20 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute a part of shell script only after particular date and time

I have created a simple shell script... say test.sh Contents of test.sh ================ service named restart cp /etc/imp.conf /backup/test/ #-- if date > 15 July 2007 11:23 pm , then only issue the commans below, else exit --- cp /etc/secondimp.conf /backup/test/ rm -f... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

i want a script to execute if the time is 12:00 automatically

i write a script for displaying a xmessage.But i want it to run automatically for every one hour.can any one help me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakshmananindia
2 Replies

3. Solaris

how to execute java in specified time- urgent

Hi, 1. I want to execute a set of java files(a small appln) at specified time interval in solaris. that java uses documentum DFC calls. 2. How can i do this? from thread i chked ppl suggest to do cron, and so.. pls provide me a details steps hence i am new to solaris.. Any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: radhnki
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time Command - Part 2

I am trying to collect some scripts performance. I wrote: #!/usr/local/bin/bash echo Locked Objects time /webaplic/monitor_exp_funcional.sh NUM_LOCKED_OBJ echo Users On time /webaplic/monitor_exp_funcional.sh USERS_ON Then I call "test.sh > Results.out" Obviously, the time command... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bdalmeida
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time taken to execute a ksh

Hi, I am executing a ksh. I want to note the time taken to execute each command that are executed in the ksh and write it in a log file. Also I want to note the total time taken to execute the ksh. How can I do that?What is the command to do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kishore_1
2 Replies

6. Programming

Time Taken to execute a command

How can we find the time taken by a comman to execute say cp a b what is the time taken by this command (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisheklodha13
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute 2 Commands at the same time

Hi @all I have got the following problem: I want my Master-Script to execute 2 Sub-scripts at the same time. How can i realize that? Thx for your help Greez Roger (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DarkSwiss
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hex to decimal - Execute command for the matching part

Alo I have this input: 0x10=some text 0x20=some text 0x30=some text and want this output: 16=some text 32=some text 48=some text I want to use a command to convert from hex to decimal i.e.: $ echo $((0x15a)) or $ printf '%d\n' 0x15a I try to use something like this: sed... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chitech
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

command taking lot of time to execute

Hi, I am running the following command, and it tries to delete some dn from ldap, however, it takes lot of time before it finally request LDAP server to delete it. I am trying to find why it is taking lot of time. Could you anyone help me in this regard. I have copies the pstack output, and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: john_prince
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to execute a script by one user at a time

Hi , I have a script which everyone have access but I need that the script should be ran by one user at a time. The second user who is trying to execute the script should get a message stating that the user is already executing the script. Is there any way to achieve this.? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogerben
2 Replies
Class::MethodMaker::OptExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Class::MethodMaker::OptExt(3)

NAME
Class::MethodMaker::OptExt - Constants for C::MM's option extension mechanism SYNOPSIS
This class is internal to Class::MethodMaker and should not be used by any clients. It is not part of the public API. DESCRIPTION
This class contains the constants used by Class::MethodMaker to determine the names of its methods dependent upon options invoked. CLASS CONSTANTS
OPTEXT OPTEXT is a map from options that are implemented as method extensions to the option parameters. Parameter keys are: encode code number (to allow the option combination to be encoded whilst keeping the length of the subr name no more than 8 chars). encode is required for all opts (for determining method extension), and must be a power of two. refer Code for referring to storage (default: '$_[0]->{$name}'). decl Code for declaring storage. postac Code to execute immediately after any assignment check --- for example, to initialize storage if necessary asgnchk Code for checking assignments. defchk Code for default checking. reset Code to execute when resetting an element read Code to execute each time an value is read store Code to execute each time a value is stored CLASS COMPONENTS
CLASS HIGHER-LEVEL FUNCTIONS encode Take a set of options, return a two-letter code being the extension to add to the method to incorporate the extensions, and a list (arrayref) of the extensions represented. SYNOPSIS my ($ext, $opt) = Class::MethodMaker::OptExt->encode([qw( static type foobar )]); ARGUMENTS options The options to encode, as an arrayref of option names RETURNS ext A code (string) to append to a methodname to represent the options used. opts The options represented by the ext . This is generally a subset of the of those provided in options, for not all general options are handled by an encoded methodname. CLASS HIGHER-LEVEL PROCEDURES INSTANCE CONSTRUCTION
INSTANCE COMPONENTS
INSTANCE HIGHER-LEVEL FUNCTIONS INSTANCE HIGHER-LEVEL PROCEDURES EXAMPLES
BUGS
REPORTING BUGS
Email the development mailing list "class-mmaker-devel@lists.sourceforge.net". AUTHOR
Martyn J. Pearce COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2003 Martyn J. Pearce. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl v5.12.1 2008-12-03 Class::MethodMaker::OptExt(3)