Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting passing argument from one function to another Post 302695527 by pamu on Monday 3rd of September 2012 05:23:41 AM
Old 09-03-2012
What error's you are getting....??

For file presence checking i've done one mistake...

Try with this..

Code:
Initialize () {
    echo  > $FileName
    { rm $CARD; sed -e "s/data[a-zA-Z0-9]/data1/g" > $CARD; } < $CARD
    { rm $CondorJob; sed -e "s/temp[a-zA-Z0-9]/temp0/g" > $CondorJob; } < $CondorJob
    echo "Initialize  the Values"
}

CopyFilesInfo() {
    for FileNameIndx in "${PATHNAME[@]}"
    do
    if [[ ! -e "dest_path/$FileNameIndx" ]] 
    then
    ls -ltr "$FileNameIndx" | grep root | awk '{print string path $9}' string="$CONSTANT" path="$FileNameIndx"  >> "$FileName"
    echo "$FileNameIndx is copied" 
    else
    echo "Check the FileName in ${PATHNAME[@]}"
    fi
    done
}

Last edited by pamu; 09-03-2012 at 06:30 AM.. Reason: Corrected code...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing Argument to Function

May i know how to pass an argument to a function in a shell script? Sorry, i din stated that it is in a shell script in my previous post. Means: checkStatus() { ........... } read status; I wanna use the status in the function checkstatus, how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AkumaTay
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing more than one argument in a function

Hi All, Calling a function with one argument and storing the return value in a shell script is as below:( so far I know) value="`fun_1 "argument1"`" Its working perfectly for me. Can u help me with passing more than one argument and storing the return value Thnaks in advance JS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jisha
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing global variable to a function which is called by another function

Hi , I have three funcions f1, f2 and f3 . f1 calls f2 and f2 calls f3 . I have a global variable "period" which i want to pass to f3 . Can i pass the variable directly in the definition of f3 ? Pls help . sars (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sars
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing Argument

Hi All, i have script like below.. echo "1) first option" echo "" echo "2) second option" echo "" echo "*) please enter the correct option" read select case $select in 1) echo "first option selected" ;; 2) echo "second option selected" ;; *) echo "please enter the correct... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shahul
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing commandline argument to a function

Hi, I have 2 ksh scripts. Script1.ksh contains function definition. script1.ksh function f1() { while getopts a:c: args do case $args in a) ARG1=$OPTARG ;; c) ARG2=$OPTARG ;; \?) echo "Error no valid Arguments passed" esac done echo $ARG1 echo $ARG2 script2.sh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass function as argument to a function

I have the following code : function1 () { print "January" } function2() { case $1 in January) print "Dzisiaj mamy styczen" ;; *) ;; } main() { (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: presul
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with passing argument

Hi, I have a script that is scheduled with cron and runs every night. The cron part looks like this: 00 20 * * 0,1,2,3,4,5,6 /usr/local/bin/BACKUP TBTARM HOT DELETE My issue is with the 3rd parameter. Somewhere in the script, i want to tell the script to delete some files if the 3rd... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dollypee
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Argument passing

How to pass the alphabet character as a argument in case and in if block? ex: c=$1 if a-z ]] then echo "alphabet" case $1 in a-z) echo "the value is a alphabet" edit by bakunin: please use CODE-tags. We REALLY mean it. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
9 Replies

9. Programming

Parameter passing to function with void * as Argument

Earlier I had one structure C typedef struct c { int cc; }CS; I used to call a library function say int GetData(CS *x) which was returning me the above structure C with data. GetData(CS *x) Function call used to be like: CS CSobj; GetData(&CSObj); Now there are two... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Passing a second argument

I am trying to pass a second argument like so: if ] then export ARG2=$2 else message "Second argument not specified: USAGE - $PROGRAM_NAME ARG1 ARG2" checkerror -e 2 -m "Please specify if it is a history or weekly (H or W) extract in the 2nd argument" fi however, it always goes... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MIA651
4 Replies
CARD(1) 								FSF								   CARD(1)

NAME
card - print reference card of program options SYNOPSIS
card [OPTION]... PROGRAM... DESCRIPTION
Print a reference card of the PROGRAMs thanks to their inline help. OPTIONS
-h, --help display this help and exit -v, --version display version information and exit -o, --output=FILE save the output in FILE -l, --language=LL print the help in the language LL (default: English) --command=CMD perform pretty-printing on the output of CMD (e.g. --command='netscape -help') Options for a2ps are given after `--', for instance $ card -lfr a2ps -- -Pdisplay -4 News, updates and documentation: http://www.inf.enst.fr/~demaille/a2ps/ AUTHOR
Written by Akim Demaille. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-a2ps@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997-99 Akim Demaille, Miguel Santana This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
a2ps(1), card(1), fixps(1), pdiff(1), psset(1), texi2dvi4a2ps(1). The full documentation for card is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and card programs are properly installed at your site, the command info card should give you access to the complete manual. card 1.3 (GNU a2ps 4.14) March 2014 CARD(1)