Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [awk] grep a part of filename as entry file Post 302695485 by itkamaraj on Monday 3rd of September 2012 04:03:35 AM
Old 09-03-2012
Code:
$ nawk 'BEGIN{print FILENAME}' a.txt
a.txt

FILENAME - The name of the current input file. If no files are specified on the command line,the value of FILENAME is "-". However, FILENAME is undefined inside the BEGIN block (unless set by getline).

so, iterating all the csv files, you can use for loop

Code:

for i in *.csv
do
nawk -F"[_.]" 'BEGIN{fdate=substr(FILENAME,length(FILENAME)-14,11)}NR==4{$0=fdate","$0;print}' $i
done

This User Gave Thanks to itkamaraj For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep and awk showing filename in loop

I am attempting to grep a list of files for a string an and then only extract the 3rd and 4th field of from the line. That's easy. But I want to prefix the line with the filename that the information came from. for filename in `ls -1 *.txt' do grep search_text $filename | awk '{print $3"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sjohns6
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep for password file entry

How would I grep for password file entry without using grep 'username' /etc/passwd? perhaps with who? I want to create alias that will find the password file entry regardless of the user who is using it. I am trying to get the same exact line from the file entry like: Name : Password : UserID... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: alis
7 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to grep for password file entry

How would I grep for password file entry without using grep 'username' /etc/passwd? perhaps with who? I want to create alias that will find the password file entry regardless of the user who is using it. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alis
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to extract all the part of the filename before a particular word in the filename

Hi All, Thanks in Advance I am working on a shell script. I need some assistance. My Requirement: 1) There are some set of files in a directory like given below OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_acc.csv OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_faf.csv OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_prom.csv... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aealexanderraj
0 Replies

5. Programming

to extract all the part of the filename before a particular word in the filename

Hi All, Thanks in Advance I am working on a shell script. I need some assistance. My code: if then set "subscriber" "promplan" "mapping" "dedicatedaccount" "faflistSub" "faflistAcc" "accumulator"\ "pam_account"; for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8;... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aealexanderraj
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Diff between grep .* file name and grep '.*' filename

Hi, Can anyone let me know what is difference between grep .* foo.c grep '.*' foo.c I am not able to understand what is exact difference. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SasDutta
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to grep certain entry out of log file

This one is a bit too challenging for me... Hopefully you guys can help. Let's say I have a log file called: "$MW_HOME/user_projects/domains/IDMDomain/servers/wls_ods?/logs/wls_ods1-diagnostic.log" In this log file I want to search for "DIP-10219". When I execute this $ cat... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: exm
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use grep/awk to remove part of column

hi all, how can i use grep or awk to clean the following input data: n<>the<>96427210 861521305 123257583 n<>obj<>79634223 861521305 79634223 n<>nmod<>68404733 861521305 68422718 where the desired results is to remove all non-numeric characters?: 96427210 861521305 123257583 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep/awk part of info of a column

I have a question that I am at a loss to solve. I have 3 column tab-separated data, such as: abs nmod+n+n-commitment-n 349.200023 abs nmod+n+n-a-commitment-n 333.306429 abs into+ns-j+vn-pass-rb-divide-v 295.57316 abs nmod+n+ns-commitment-n 182.085018 abs nmod+n+n-pledge-n ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep for first entry in a file?

Hello friends, I have a question. Sometimes I have to search for an entry in a file that is repeated thousands of times. Can you tell me how to search so that i get limited results? For example: file: myfile.txt grep "hello world" myfile.txt this above grep will generate 5000... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
4 Replies
GNUNET-TESTING(1)					      General Commands Manual						 GNUNET-TESTING(1)

NAME
gnunet-testing - Command line tool to access the testing library. SYNOPSIS
gnunet-testing [options] DESCRIPTION
gnunet-testing is a command line tool to access the testing library. OPTIONS
-C, --cfg Create unique configuration files. -c FILENAME, --config=FILENAME Use the configuration file FILENAME. -H, --hostkeys Host key file. -h, --help Print short help on options. -k, --key Create hostkey files from pre-computed hostkey list. -L LOGLEVEL, --loglevel=LOGLEVEL Use LOGLEVEL for logging. Valid values are DEBUG, INFO, WARNING and ERROR. -l LOGFILE, --logfile=LOGFILE Configure logging to write logs to LOGFILE. -n, --number Number of unique configuration files or hostkeys to create. -t, --template Configuration template. -v, --version Print GNUnet version number. BUGS
Report bugs by using Mantis <https://gnunet.org/bugs/> or by sending electronic mail to <gnunet-developers@gnu.org> GNUnet Jan 4, 2012 GNUNET-TESTING(1)