Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to check whether a process started at particular time Post 302695433 by pamu on Monday 3rd of September 2012 02:47:06 AM
Old 09-03-2012
Use code tags..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishore kumar
I want to check whether following code executing at 10:00 AM
Code:
 if [ -z $ "k" ]
then
echo "billing done";
date
fi

Just add date to the code....

Are you redirecting your output to any file..?

Check if you can implement this.Smilie

Code:
if [ -z $ "k" ]
then
echo "billing done" >> output.log
date  >> output.log
fi

Last edited by pamu; 09-03-2012 at 03:54 AM.. Reason: changed file name...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

PID of process started in background??

I am having a problem getting the PID of a process I start in the background is a csh. In tcsh and sh it's simple $! give it to you But in csh this just returns Variable syntax From the man page it should work but it doesn't???? Any help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stilllooking
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

is there any way to know how much time process was running from the moment it started

i have process that was started few days ago , is there way to know by its id how long it was alive in the system ? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

3. Programming

Child process is not getting started

Hi, When i m trying to run below code,its entering into wait stage. output: In parent pid=2134 // some random value assigned to child process parent waiting..... and then it keeps on waiting for child to get terminate Y this child is not getting... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crab
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Process started on console

Please can someone describe what causes undesired process startup on system console. ps -ef output is like: root 1763 1 0 16:22:24 console 0:00 /bin/sh /usr/System........ process is blocking system console for any access (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zverzak
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to know that a perticular process is started!!!

Hi all, I wanted a write a script which will start executing whenever a particular process will starts running in a background. Is there is any way in Unix if a directory contents changed then a signal/Interrupt will generated and by taking status of that interrupt I can execute some scripts.... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing_foru
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pls Help me out ... I want to check process status at regular intervals of time

I want to check process status at regular interval of time ... so i ha wirtten this BUT its not working when i placed this peace of code in .sh .. please help me out #!/bin/sh w = ps -ef|grep processname | wc - l echo $w if ; then Banner "Proceesname Problem" else Banner " Running... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivasvandana
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process id of the exe started with nohup

Hi, I have a strange problem. In my shell script, i am startting another program (a c++ exe) with nohup . I am getting the process id of this started process with using $! I am writing this process id into another file so that i can keep checking for this process ids to check whether the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: parvathi_rd
2 Replies

8. AIX

How to check a script was started using 'sudo' ?

How can I from within a script, find out if that script was started using 'sudo' and by a valid soduer ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
1 Replies

9. AIX

Check that memory page is filled by zeros when a process gets it in first time

I have to check whether AIX fills physical memory pages by zeros when they are given for a new process (or may be when they are freed from an address space, but it's hardly probable). In other words when a process gets a new memory page, this one must be cleaned. I've solved this issue for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sokolovm
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check whether shell script has started.

How can i ceck as shellscript, if a other shellscript has been started? The other script can bee started by a other user. The task will not run twice (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linuxmann
5 Replies
WIN32_START_SERVICE_CTRL_DISPATCHER(3)					 1				    WIN32_START_SERVICE_CTRL_DISPATCHER(3)

win32_start_service_ctrl_dispatcher - Registers the script with the SCM, so that it can act as the service with the given name

SYNOPSIS
mixed win32_start_service_ctrl_dispatcher (string $name) DESCRIPTION
When launched via the Service Control Manager, a service process is required to "check-in" with it to establish service monitoring and communication facilities. This function performs the check-in by spawning a thread to handle the lower-level communication with the service control manager. Once started, the service process should do 2 things. The first is to tell the Service Control Manager that the service is running. This is achieved by calling win32_set_service_status(3) with the WIN32_SERVICE_RUNNING constant. If you need to perform some lengthy process before the service is actually running, then you can use the WIN32_SERVICE_START_PENDING constant. The second is to continue to check-in with the service control manager so that it can determine if it should terminate. This is achieved by periodically calling win32_get_last_control_message(3) and handling the return code appropriately. PARAMETERS
o $name - The short-name of the service, as registered by win32_create_service(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success, FALSE if there is a problem with the parameters or a Win32 Error Code on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 A win32_start_service_ctrl_dispatcher(3) example Check if the service is runnig under the SCM. <?php if (!win32_start_service_ctrl_dispatcher('dummyphp')) { die("I'm probably not running under the service control manager"); } win32_set_service_status(WIN32_SERVICE_START_PENDING); // Some lengthy process to get this service up and running. win32_set_service_status(WIN32_SERVICE_RUNNING); while (WIN32_SERVICE_CONTROL_STOP != win32_get_last_control_message()) { # do some work here, trying not to take more than around 30 seconds # before coming back into the loop again } ?> SEE ALSO
win32_set_service_status(3), win32_get_last_control_message(3), Win32 Error Codes. PHP Documentation Group WIN32_START_SERVICE_CTRL_DISPATCHER(3)