Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find file that matches today's date in filename and move to /tmp in bash Post 302695329 by jamesi on Sunday 2nd of September 2012 09:58:02 PM
Old 09-02-2012
Find file that matches today's date in filename and move to /tmp in bash

I'm having problems with my bash script. I would like to find a file matching today's date in the filename, i.e. my_file_20120902.txt and then move it to a different directory, i.e. /tmp. Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move files based on date in filename

I know this gets covered quite a bit in the forum and I think there is enough there for me to figure out how to do what I am trying to do, I just don't think I would do it very efficiently so I am going to ask the question... I have database log files with date and time stamps in the file like ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: slatoms
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find directories that contains more than n matches of a certain filename

I need to construct a command that finds directories which contains more than n matches of a certain filename. E.g. I have many directories at different locations and want to find all directories that has 2 or more .dat-files. I thought of using find and maybe the exec parameter to issue an... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: odyssey
5 Replies

3. Linux

Find String in FileName and move the String to new File if not found

Hi all, I have a question.. Here is my requirement..I have 500 files in a path say /a/b/c I have some numbers in a file which are comma seperated...and I wanted to check if the numbers are present in the FileName in the path /a/b/c..if the number is there in the file that is fine..but if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: us_pokiri
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move txt file to with current date appended to filename

I have multiple txt files which begin with the word "orders" in folder C:\source. I need to move the files to folder C:\dest and rename them to "process_<date>_<count>" So for example , if there are 3 files ordersa.txt , ordersb.txt and ordersc.txt in C:\source , after running the script I want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johannd
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move txt file to with current date appended to filename

I have multiple txt files which begin with the word "orders" in folder C:\source. I need to move the files to folder C:\dest and rename them to "process_<date>_<count>" So for example , if there are 3 files ordersa.txt , ordersb.txt and ordersc.txt in C:\source , after running the script I want... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: johannd
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the latest file based on the date in the filename

Hi, We've a list of files that gets created on a weekly basis and it has got a date and time embedded to it. Below are the examples. I want to find out how to get the latest files get the date and time stamp out of it. Files are PQR123.PLL.M989898.201308012254.gpg... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and awk with today's date

Hi All, Solaris 10 o/s With your help I developed the following script. find /oracle/diag/rdbms/*/*/trace -type f -name '*d00*.trc' -mtime 0 -exec egrep –c 'NS Primary Error' '{}' '+' which returns the counts I needed nelow: /oracle/diag/rdbms/musidp/musidp/trace/abcdef_d001_21751.trc:15... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bdby
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find file by filename or with newest modified date

Hi, I have a directory that has numerous files in it, and there is two which are named "filerec_ddmmyyHH24MMSS" by the time they are created so "filerec_010615012250" was created at 01:22:50 on 1st June 2015. I need to find the most recently created of those 2 files and get the contents of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: finn
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to move specific files from folders in find file

I have a directory /home/cmccabe/nfs/exportedReports that contains multiple folders in it. The find writes the name of each folder to out.txt. A new directory is then created in a new location /home/cmccabe/Desktop/NGS/API, named with the date. What I am trying to do, unsuccessfully at the moment,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find and copy .zip file based on today's date

Hi Team, I'm new to unix and i have a requirement to copy or move files from one directory to another based on current date mentioned in the .zip file name. Note that i need to copy only the recent zip file. please help me with the code i tried the code as: #! /usr/bin/sh find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: midhun3108
3 Replies
nqs2pbs(1B)								PBS							       nqs2pbs(1B)

NAME
nqs2pbs - convert NQS job scripts to PBS SYNOPSIS
nqs2pbs nqs_script [pbs_script] DESCRIPTION
This utility converts a existing NQS job script to work with PBS and NQS. The existing script is copied and PBS directives, #PBS , are inserted prior to each NQS directive #QSUB or #@$ , in the original script. Certain NQS date specification and options are not supported by PBS. A warning message will be displayed indicating the problem and the line of the script on which it occurred. If any unrecognizable NQS directives are encountered, an error message is displayed. The new PBS script will be deleted if any errors occur. OPERANDS
nqs_script Specifies the file name of the NQS script to convert. This file is not changed. pbs_script If specified, it is the name of the new PBS script. If not specified, the new file name is nqs_script.new . NOTES
Converting NQS date specifications to the PBS form may result in a warning message and an incompleted converted date. PBS does not support date specifications of "today", "tomorrow", or the name of the days of the week such as "Monday". If any of these are encountered in a script, the PBS specification will contain only the time portion of the NQS specification, i.e. #PBS -a hhmm[.ss]. It is suggested that you specify the execution time on the qsub command line rather than in the script. Note that PBS will interpret a time specification without a date in the following way: - If the time specified has not yet been reached, the job will become eligible to run at that time today. - If the specified time has already passed when the job is submitted, the job will become eligible to run at that time tomorrow. PBS does not support time zone identifiers. All times are taken as local time. SEE ALSO
qsub(1B) Local nqs2pbs(1B)