Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Questions about a "wise" backup Post 302695205 by mirni on Sunday 2nd of September 2012 01:44:36 AM
Old 09-02-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambda
Hello and thank you for your reply. Smilie

I'm on openbsd but checking if the disk is mounted is not a problem.

Do you use rsnapshot? Are you happy with it's features?
I do use it, and am very happy with it. It uses hard links, so it saves disk space and it's easy to configure. Apart from that, it wraps around rsync, as I mentioned above, so you can pass on rsync arguments and customize on a detailed level.
This User Gave Thanks to mirni For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat $como_file | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g'

hi All, cat file_name | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g' Can this be done by using sed or awk alone (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

questions on using "sort -t"" -kn,m"

Hi,all I want to sort file names within a folder I used the following shell script for sorting ls|grep ".wav"|sort -t"_" -k3,4 -n -k4,2 -n The result is as below, and the problem is _plr# and _r# (# represents numbers) is not well sorted. m2_rec_plr0_r10.wav m2_rec_plr0_r1.wav... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: esolve
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

6. Solaris

The slices "usr", "opt", "tmp" disappeared!!! Help please.

The system don't boot. on the screen appears following: press enter to maintenance (or type CTRL-D to continue)...I checked with format command. ... the slices "0-root","1-swap","2-backup" exist. ...the slises "3-var","6-usr" -unassigned. :( (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
16 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_RSYNCD(7) 					OCF resource agents					   OCF_HEARTBEAT_RSYNCD(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_rsyncd - Manages an rsync daemon SYNOPSIS
rsyncd [start | stop | monitor | validate-all | meta-data] DESCRIPTION
This script manages rsync daemon SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
binpath The rsync binary path. For example, "/usr/bin/rsync" (optional, string, default rsync) conffile The rsync daemon configuration file name with full path. For example, "/etc/rsyncd.conf" (optional, string, default /etc/rsyncd.conf) bwlimit This option allows you to specify a maximum transfer rate in kilobytes per second. This option is most effective when using rsync with large files (several megabytes and up). Due to the nature of rsync transfers, blocks of data are sent, then if rsync determines the transfer was too fast, it will wait before sending the next data block. The result is an average transfer rate equaling the specified limit. A value of zero specifies no limit. (optional, string, no default) SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. Suggested interval: 60s. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5s. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a rsyncd resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive example_rsyncd ocf:heartbeat:rsyncd op monitor depth="0" timeout="20s" interval="60s" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/rsyncd_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents 1.0.3 07/05/2010 OCF_HEARTBEAT_RSYNCD(7)