Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Recursive Cat?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Recursive Cat? Post 302694845 by jim mcnamara on Friday 31st of August 2012 01:07:16 PM
Old 08-31-2012
Code:
cd DirA
find . -type d > /tmp/mydirs.txt
while read dir
do
     cd $dir
     ls *.csv | while read csv
     do
           awk 'FNR>10' "$csv" >> big.csv
     done
     mv big.csv  ${dir}.csv
     cd ..
done < /tmp/mydirs.txt

This just creates the csv files without whacking off the top 10 lines of the csv's.
The final large csv for the directory is in the directory.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recursive GREP ?

Hi! Suppose I have a directory (no symbolic links) called /WORK that contains 3 subdirectories: /A /B /C My problem is this: I want to look for a file that contains an order number. So far, I obtain what I want by doing this /home/acb% cd /WORK/A /home/acb/WORK/A% grep '093023553' *.*... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

recursive rcp

I wrote a shell script (AIX) to extract the file "/rep1/toto" from all the hosts referred in a list and send them to one local directory named ~/$host-$file with the hostname as prefix rcp -p user@host:/rep1/$file ~/$host-$file where file = toto ==> it works ! I would do the same thing... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicol
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

recursive nice value

Hi all, I have a running process that will spawn a large number of perl processes. How can I set that these all get spawned with a low priority nice value? I don't mind if all perl related processes take this level. Note, the executing script is compiled and can not be altered at a code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nhatch
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between cat , cat > , cat >> and touch !!!

Hi Can anybody tell the difference between Difference between cat , cat > , cat >> and touch command in UNIX? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

for i in `cat myname.txt` && for y in `cat yourname.txt`

cat myname.txt John Doe I John Doe II John Doe III ----------------------------------------------------------------------- for i in `cat myname.txt` do echo This is my name: $i >> thi.is.my.name.txt done ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danimad
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat in the command line doesn't match cat in the script

Hello, So I sorted my file as I was supposed to: sort -n -r -k 2 -k 1 file1 | uniq > file2 and when I wrote > cat file2 in the command line, I got what I was expecting, but in the script itself ... sort -n -r -k 2 -k 1 averages | uniq > temp cat file2 It wrote a whole... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: shira
21 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recursive wc on a directory?

Hi all, I need to count the number of lines in all the files under a directory (several levels deep). I am feeling extremely dumb, but I don't know how to do that. Needless to say, I am not a shell script wiz... Any advice? thanks in advance! (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: bimba17
13 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with wget recursive

I want to download every page on a particular website that has: "http://www.website.com/dir/?function=" as the beginning so any page that begins with that will be downloaded, so for example "http://www.website.com/dir/?function=summary&cat=1" and "http://www.website.com/dir/?function=detail&id=1"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guitarscn
1 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

Search recursive

before posting, I have tried to find my answer elsewhere. no luck. I need to find a file buried in a folder somewhere. Master folder has 10 sub folders. each sub folder has folders too. I found this but it does nothing I am on Mac and use Applescript. do shell script "find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbrady
2 Replies
PROCESSCSV.PY(1)					      Virtualization Support						  PROCESSCSV.PY(1)

NAME
processcsv.py - process virt-top CSV files SUMMARY
virt-top --csv data.csv processcsv.py < data.csv DESCRIPTION
virt-top is a top(1)-like utility for showing stats of virtualized domains. processcsv.py is a simple Python script that post-processes the output of "virt-top --csv". It is used like this: virt-top --csv data.csv processcsv.py < data.csv The second command will overwrite the following files in the current directory: "global.csv" This contains the global (host) statistics columns from the CSV file. "domainNN.csv" (multiple files) For each libvirt domain ID NN, a file is created containing the per-domain statistics from the CSV file. SEE ALSO
virt-top(1) AUTHORS
Richard W.M. Jones <rjones @ redhat . com> COPYRIGHT
(C) Copyright 2007-2012 Red Hat Inc., Richard W.M. Jones http://libvirt.org/ This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA. virt-top-1.0.8 2013-12-29 PROCESSCSV.PY(1)