Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions how to install custom .bat files in perl Post 302694825 by hansini on Friday 31st of August 2012 12:56:38 PM
Old 08-31-2012
how to install custom .bat files in perl

I'm using damke to install perl modules on windows.
I have my custom .bat files for the perl script. How to overwrite the .bat files that gets generated by pl2bat with my custom .bat files!

Thanks,
Hansini

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl log parcer. (for custom logs details inside)

OS:sol8 ok 2 things are very important. I will give examples of the logs and the client file for testing. Object: to display on the web sometime to parse your custom logs basied on the inputed date and client selected. I know alot of ppl are like who care. but i saw a perl script on here... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
1 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Urgent Need for Assistance: Triggering Windows bat files from UNIX

Hello, Is there a way to trigger a Windows bat file or program on a different machine from a different UNIX server using KSC file? I hope you can assist me with this. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: punyenye
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Q about windows bat files

Hi, can you run a windows bat file or a VBscript from a shell script? #!/bin/sh PATH=/ $PATH/test.bat (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmac
1 Replies

4. AIX

AIX custom package install query

I have created a .bff package for an app to tbe installed on AIX servers across regions. I am pretty new to the AIX mode of packaging using mkinstallp but I have been able to get the same done. I installed the same on the server in which i created the package and the application was deployed... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jobbyjoseph
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL String to Date (Custom format yyyymmdd to dd-mon-yyyy)

Hi All, I am learning PERL for one of the projects, and in one of these scripts, I read a flat text file and print in the terminal. The problem is, the text file has a date field. The format is yyyymmdd. I need to display this as dd-mon-yyyy. Any ideas to do this? Thanks a lot for the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruparan18
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Bash shell scripts corresponding to windows bat files

Experts, I am newbie in shell scripting. I want to write Bash shell scripts corresponding to windows bat files. I have installed cygwin at c:\cygwin and i am trying to crate the sh file using vi editor. i am not able to understand how to use linux/unix convention for the code. following is my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajuchacha007
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing Bash shell scripts corresponding to windows bat files

Experts, I am newbie in shell scripting. I want to write Bash shell scripts corresponding to windows bat files. I have installed cygwin at c:\cygwin and i am trying to crate the sh file using vi editor. i am not able to understand how to use linux/unix convention for the code. following is my... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajuchacha007
15 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

.bat file to move remote files

I need to run a batch file each day which moves loads of xml files from a directory into a new one (based on the current date). New to batch scripting so can someone start me off or provide link to relevent info please....Cheers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Grueben
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I do one liner import multiple custom .pm files in my perl script?

I am new for Perl I want to ask one question. I have around 50 custom packages which i am using in my Perl script. I want to import all .pm packages in my Perl script in an easy way. Right now i have to import each package individually. So Is there any way to do so?? Right Now i am doing like: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Navrattan Bansa
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Make install in custom path

I would like to install a binary from source on a custom path, say /usr/local/myapps. There is no --prefix option in ./configure How can I "make install" at custom path. I tried this. No --prefix root@server # ./configure --help | grep prefix root@server # Make install ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
3 Replies
Pod::Perldoc::ToRtf(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				  Pod::Perldoc::ToRtf(3pm)

NAME
Pod::Perldoc::ToRtf - let Perldoc render Pod as RTF SYNOPSIS
perldoc -o rtf Some::Modulename DESCRIPTION
This is a "plug-in" class that allows Perldoc to use Pod::Simple::RTF as a formatter class. This is actually a Pod::Simple::RTF subclass, and inherits all its options. You have to have Pod::Simple::RTF installed (from the Pod::Simple dist), or this module won't work. If Perldoc is running under MSWin and uses this class as a formatter, the output will be opened with write.exe or whatever program is spec- ified in the environment variable "RTFREADER". For example, to specify that RTF files should be opened the same as they are when you dou- ble-click them, you would do "set RTFREADER=start.exe" in your autoexec.bat. Handy tip: put "set PERLDOC=-ortf" in your autoexec.bat and that will set this class as the default formatter to run when you do "perldoc whatever". SEE ALSO
Pod::Simple::RTF, Pod::Simple, Pod::Perldoc COPYRIGHT AND DISCLAIMERS
Copyright (c) 2002 Sean M. Burke. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of mer- chantability or fitness for a particular purpose. AUTHOR
Sean M. Burke "sburke@cpan.org" perl v5.8.0 2002-06-01 Pod::Perldoc::ToRtf(3pm)