Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting What is the meaning of this statement in gawk? Post 302694811 by ezee on Friday 31st of August 2012 12:19:03 PM
Old 08-31-2012
There is no point of concatenating both side with X and then compare.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

gawk HELP

I have to compare records in two files. It can be done using gawk/awk but i am unable to do it. Please help me File1 ABAAAAAB BC asa sa ABAAABAA BC bsa sm ABBBBAAA BC bxz sa ABAAABAB BC csa sa ABAAAAAA BC dsa sm ABBBBAAB BC dxz sa File 2 ABAAAAAB BC aas ba ABAAAAAB BC asa sa... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep_hi
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

If statement - How to write a null statement

In my ksh script, if the conditions of a if statement are true, then do nothing; otherwise, execute some commands. How do I write the "do nothing" statement in the following example? Example: if (( "$x"="1" && "$y"="a" && "$z"="happy" )) then do nothing else command command fi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: april
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How is use sselect statement o/p in insert statement.

Hi All, I am using Unix ksh script. I need to insert values to a table using the o/p from a slelect statement. Can anybody Help! My script looks like tihs. ---`sqlplus -s username/password@SID << EOF set heading off set feedback off set pages 0 insert into ${TB_NAME}_D... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkosaraju
2 Replies

4. AIX

meaning of ${0%${0##*/}}

. ${0%${0##*/}}Script_Name if i issue this command, it is executing the script. can any one tell what is the meaning of ${0%${0##*/}} (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nyelavarthy
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Use and meaning of $*

Can someone explain the use and meaning of "$*" expression. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sinpeak
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gawk Help

Hi, I am using the script to print the portion of the file containing a particular string. But it is giving error "For Reading (No such file or directory). I am using cygwin as unix simulator. cat TT35*.log | gawk -v search="12345678" ' /mSOriginating /,/disconnectingParty/ { ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanand420
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the meaning of "-s" option in "if" statement?

Hi Guys, I'm sorry but I can't find answer for this, what is the meaning of -s option in "if" statement on unix scipting. Please see sample below: opath=/home/output for i in N1 N2 N3 N4 do echo $i if then grep $i $opath/N5_CRAI > $opath/N5_$i.crai chmod 777 $opath/N5_$i.crai ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rymnd_12345
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is the meaning of this statement?

Temp=${PATH_PROC_USER:=""}Thanks for your time and answer. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezee
3 Replies

9. SCO

Need help with gawk

I am trying to use gawk to search a file and put the second value of the string into a string. gawk -F: '$1~/CXFR/ {print $2}' go.dat Below is the file 'go.dat' ==================== HOME :/ CTMP :/tmp CUTL :/u/rdiiulio/bin CWRK :/u/work CXFR :/u/xfer ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trolley
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Update statement into Insert statement in UNIX using awk, sed....

Hi folks, I have a scenario to convert the update statements into insert statements using shell script (awk, sed...) or in database using regex. I have a bunch of update statements with all columns in a file which I need to convert into insert statements. UPDATE TABLE_A SET COL1=1 WHERE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev123
0 Replies
LDAP_COMPARE(3) 					     Library Functions Manual						   LDAP_COMPARE(3)

NAME
ldap_compare, ldap_compare_s - Perform an LDAP compare operation LIBRARY
OpenLDAP LDAP (libldap, -lldap) SYNOPSIS
#include <ldap.h> int ldap_compare_s(ld, dn, attr, value) LDAP *ld; char *dn, *attr, *value; int ldap_compare(ld, dn, attr, value) LDAP *ld; char *dn, *attr, *value; DESCRIPTION
The ldap_compare_s() routine is used to perform an LDAP compare operation synchronously. It takes dn, the DN of the entry upon which to perform the compare, and attr and value, the attribute type and value to compare to those found in the entry. It returns an LDAP error code, which will be LDAP_COMPARE_TRUE if the entry contains the attribute value and LDAP_COMPARE_FALSE if it does not. Otherwise, some error code is returned. The ldap_compare() routine is used to perform an LDAP compare operation asynchronously. It takes the same parameters as ldap_compare_s(), but returns the message id of the request it initiated. The result of the compare can be obtained by a subsequent call to ldap_result(3). ERRORS
ldap_compare_s() returns an LDAP error code which can be interpreted by calling one of ldap_perror(3) and friends. ldap_compare() returns -1 if something went wrong initiating the request. It returns the non-negative message id of the request if things went ok. BUGS
There is no way to compare binary values, but there should be. SEE ALSO
ldap(3), ldap_error(3) ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
OpenLDAP is developed and maintained by The OpenLDAP Project (http://www.openldap.org/). OpenLDAP is derived from University of Michigan LDAP 3.3 Release. OpenLDAP 2.1.X RELEASEDATE LDAP_COMPARE(3)