Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Global Script Best Practices
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Global Script Best Practices Post 302694747 by jim mcnamara on Friday 31st of August 2012 10:24:32 AM
Old 08-31-2012
Are you talking about deployment of scripts? This is really code managment or playing code librarian. A decent app like Serena allows you to set up complex rules for pushing code into use. There are also some opensource applications for this on sourceforge.net

Best practices for this start with the least privilege principle. Only grant the minimum privilege required and only to those that need it. Same goes for scripts.
This User Gave Thanks to jim mcnamara For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

dynamic global script

Hi, I have to create a global dynamic script which should ask for the env or some other variables and then create the soft links. let's say that I have to create ten soft links and the path for these soft links is different for each env for e.g: WDEV: /d02/app/applmgr/wdev/appl/CDCRM/bin... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: isingh786
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Global Variable in a script?

How to create a Global variable within a script file. say i want a varaible called LOGFILE to be used within all the script. how to do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How can we copy a directory from Global to Non-global zone?

Hi All, How can we copy a directory from global zone to non-global zone using SCP command? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaysachin
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Is there two different kernel`s running in global and non global zone?

Hi All, I want to know for non global zone there will be different kernal running? (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. Solaris

How to access ENV variables of non global zones in global zone???

Hi Guys, My requirement is I have file called /opt/orahome/.profile in non global zone. PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/etc:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/openwin/bin:. export PATH PS1="\${ORACLE_SID}:`hostname`:\$PWD$ " export PS1 EDITOR=vi export EDITOR ENV=/opt/orahome/.kshrc export ENV... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. Solaris

How to see global hostname by logging in non global zones?

Hi guru Could any one help me by letting me know, how to see global hostname by logging in non global zones Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
2 Replies

7. Solaris

How to identify a global or non-global Solaris server?

Hi, I have Solaris zone configured with Solaris 9 and 10. In Solaris 10(non global), I use the command “zonename” to get whether it is global or non-global server. For Solaris 9, what command I can use to get whether it is global or non-global server. Regards, Kalai :confused: (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
25 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Global - Local script??

Hi, I have a script which can be called from any path on the machine. It kind of acts like a global script. How do I achive this? :confused: The path from which I call it is different from the path where it exists. (where <script name> ) Thanks and Regards, Preetham R. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: preethgideon
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Global and non-global zone resource sharing - tricky

hi all, Just a simple question but i cant get the answers in the book - In my globalzone , assuming i have 4 cpus (psrinfo -pv = 0-3), if i set dedicated-cpu (ncpus=2) for my local zone Is my globalzone left with 2 cpus or still 4 cpus ? Does localzone "resource reservation.e.g. cpu in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
6 Replies

10. Solaris

Date and time change in global and non global zone

Hi, If I change date and time in global zone, then it will affect in non global zones. During this process what files will get affect in non global zones and which mechanism it's using to change. gloabl zone:Solaris 11.3 X86 TIA (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sumanthsv
1 Replies
REVOKE(7)							   SQL Commands 							 REVOKE(7)

NAME
REVOKE - remove access privileges SYNOPSIS
REVOKE { { SELECT | INSERT | UPDATE | DELETE | RULE | REFERENCES | TRIGGER } [,...] | ALL [ PRIVILEGES ] } ON [ TABLE ] tablename [, ...] FROM { username | GROUP groupname | PUBLIC } [, ...] REVOKE { { CREATE | TEMPORARY | TEMP } [,...] | ALL [ PRIVILEGES ] } ON DATABASE dbname [, ...] FROM { username | GROUP groupname | PUBLIC } [, ...] REVOKE { EXECUTE | ALL [ PRIVILEGES ] } ON FUNCTION funcname ([type, ...]) [, ...] FROM { username | GROUP groupname | PUBLIC } [, ...] REVOKE { USAGE | ALL [ PRIVILEGES ] } ON LANGUAGE langname [, ...] FROM { username | GROUP groupname | PUBLIC } [, ...] REVOKE { { CREATE | USAGE } [,...] | ALL [ PRIVILEGES ] } ON SCHEMA schemaname [, ...] FROM { username | GROUP groupname | PUBLIC } [, ...] DESCRIPTION
REVOKE allows the creator of an object to revoke previously granted permissions from one or more users or groups of users. The key word PUBLIC refers to the implicitly defined group of all users. Note that any particular user will have the sum of privileges granted directly to him, privileges granted to any group he is presently a member of, and privileges granted to PUBLIC. Thus, for example, revoking SELECT privilege from PUBLIC does not necessarily mean that all users have lost SELECT privilege on the object: those who have it granted directly or via a group will still have it. See the description of the GRANT [grant(7)] command for the meaning of the privilege types. NOTES
Use psql(1)'s z command to display the privileges granted on existing objects. See also GRANT [grant(7)] for information about the format. EXAMPLES
Revoke insert privilege for the public on table films: REVOKE INSERT ON films FROM PUBLIC; Revoke all privileges from user manuel on view kinds: REVOKE ALL PRIVILEGES ON kinds FROM manuel; COMPATIBILITY
SQL92 The compatibility notes of the GRANT [grant(7)] command apply analogously to REVOKE. The syntax summary is: REVOKE [ GRANT OPTION FOR ] { SELECT | INSERT | UPDATE | DELETE | REFERENCES } ON object [ ( column [, ...] ) ] FROM { PUBLIC | username [, ...] } { RESTRICT | CASCADE } If user1 gives a privilege WITH GRANT OPTION to user2, and user2 gives it to user3 then user1 can revoke this privilege in cascade using the CASCADE keyword. If user1 gives a privilege WITH GRANT OPTION to user2, and user2 gives it to user3, then if user1 tries to revoke this privilege it fails if he specifies the RESTRICT keyword. SEE ALSO
GRANT [grant(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2002-11-22 REVOKE(7)