Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem in attaching zone
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Problem in attaching zone Post 302694739 by solaris_1977 on Friday 31st of August 2012 10:18:05 AM
Old 08-31-2012
I got the package from vendor and upgraded gsk on global zone. Thats how, I resolved it

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 10 network configuration problem with zone

I am seeking help from the gurus in this forum and hope that I can find answers soon. Anyone who provide the answers will be greatly appreciated. I have a sparc box with Solaris 10 on it. We install Solaris with zone structure. One global zone and two other zone. I installed Oracle DB on global... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in attaching CVS file to the mail

i wrote this code(( cat $REPORT_EMAIL;uuencode <$OUTFILE $OUTFILE ) | mailx -s "Auto Policy Attach Report Before batch job " $SUPPORT_EMAIL_GRP) in my shell script to attach afile but in the mail i donot get a attachment contais of the mail is Auto Policy Attach Report Before batch job... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alokjyotibal
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Facing problem with zone

i am using this way to create zone1 and zone2 bash-2.05b# zonecfg -z zone1 zone1: No such zone configured Use 'create' to begin configuring a new zone. zonecfg:zone1> create zonecfg:zone1> set zonepath=/zone/1 zonecfg:zone1> set autoboot=true zonecfg:zone1> add net zonecfg:zone1:net>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: coxmanchester
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10, problem with attaching driver

Today I installed Solaris driver for my NIC card (downloaded from OpenSolaris site ) I`m using Solaris 10 x86 based PC ! When I installation was completed I saw a message "Warning driver successfully added to system bad failed to atach " , then i looked at /etc/drivers_aliases and saw... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with attaching multiple attachments dynamically.

Guys, I've been trying to attach & email all txt files from my directory using the shell script below: #!/usr/bin/sh ################################################################################ send_ml_rej_notn() { FILE_NAME=${1} ATTACH_FILE_NAME=`basename ${FILE_NAME}` if ; then ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagat.singh-j
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Zone failes to boot due to mount issue, dir exists in zone.

I have two physical servers, with zones that mount local storage. We were using "raw device" in the zonecfg to point to a metadevice on the global zone (it was not mounted in the global zone at any point). It failed to mount on every boot because the directory existed in the zone. I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
6 Replies

7. Solaris

DNS zone transfer Problem.

Hi All , I have 2 DNS servers (BIND 9.6.1 -Solaris 10) .Its configured as master ,slave serves .Now i am recieving error messages related to zone transfer in both the servers as mentioned below . Primar Server named: client x.x.x.x#40825: transfer of './IN': sending zone data: ran... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandeep.tk
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 10: I forgot to detach a zone before zpool export. Uninstall zone?

Dear all, recently, I migrated a solaris zone from one host to another. The zone was inside of a zpool. The zpool cotains two volumes. I did the following: host1: $ zlogin zone1 shutdown -y -g0 -i0 #Zone status changes from running to installed $ zpool export zone1 host2: $ zpool... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: custos
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Virtual Memory problem on local zone

Hi I have a problem with Virtual Memory on one local zone (myzone1): //from local zone (myzone1) swap -s total: 22888544k bytes allocated + 0k reserved = 22888544k used, 3325856k available swap -l swapfile dev swaplo blocks free /dev/swap ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: primo102
0 Replies
pkgask(1M)																pkgask(1M)

NAME
pkgask - stores answers to a request script SYNOPSIS
pkgask [-d device] [-R root_path] -r response pkginst... pkgask allows the administrator to store answers to an interactive package (one with a request script, that is, a user-created file that must be named request). Invoking this command generates a response file that is then used as input at installation time. The use of this response file prevents any interaction from occurring during installation since the file already contains all of the information the pack- age needs. The following options are supported -d device Run the request script for a package on device. device can be a directory pathname or the identifiers for tape, floppy disk or removable disk (for example, /var/tmp, /dev/diskette, and /dev/dsk/c1d0s0). The default device is the installation spool directory. -R root_path Define the full path name of a directory to use as the root_path. All files, including package system information files, are relocated to a directory tree starting in the specified root_path. Note - The root file system of any non-global zones must not be referenced with the -R option. Doing so might damage the global zone's file system, might compromise the security of the global zone, and might damage the non-global zone's file system. See zones(5). -r response Identify a file or directory which should be created to contain the responses to interaction with the package. The name must be a full pathname. The file, or directory of files, can later be used as input to the pkgadd(1M) command. The following operands are supported: pkginst Specify the package instance, or list of instances for which request scripts will be created. The token all may be used to refer to all packages available on the source medium. 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), pkgmk(1), pkgparam(1), pkgproto(1), pkgtrans(1), installf(1M), pkgadd(1M), pkgchk(1M), pkgrm(1M), removef(1M), admin(4),attributes(5) The -r option can be used to indicate a directory name as well as a filename. The directory name is used to create numerous response files, each sharing the name of the package with which it should be associated. This would be used, for example, when you will be adding multiple interactive packages with one invocation of pkgadd(1M). Each package would need a response file. To create multiple response files with the same name as the package instance, name the directory in which the files should be created and supply multiple instance names with the pkgask command. When installing the packages, you will be able to identify this directory to the pkgadd(1M) command. If the default admin file is too restrictive, the administration file may need to be modified to allow for total non-interaction during a package installation. Seeadmin(4) for details. 6 Apr 2005 pkgask(1M)