Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: understanding thread in perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting understanding thread in perl Post 302694589 by balajesuri on Friday 31st of August 2012 04:51:44 AM
Old 08-31-2012
You may need to install the threads module.
This User Gave Thanks to balajesuri For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help understanding perl script error

I solicited this site earlier this week and got a good answer for a perl Script so I made this script from what understood from the answers But now I have a bug and I'm stump. It doesn't parse correctly the Output it stays on the first line My $f2 and reprints in a endless loop I'm sure there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ex-Capsa
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl command understanding

Hi All, Can you please help me interpret the following command. Which I am not able to understand. Also can you please illustrate what it is used for. perl -pi -e 's/\015//g' text_file.dat Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakesh.su30
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Understanding @allwords

Hi guys, Here is the code: my @allwords = (); my %seen=(); foreach my $curr (@allwords) { $seen{$curr} = 1; } @allwords = keys %seen; my question is: what will @allwords now contain, or how would the entries in the @allwords array be different after this manipulation? Thank... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 300zxmuro
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Understanding perl statement

can someone help me how to interpret this line? my ($class, $hashref) = @_; my $portfolio = {}; if ($hashref->{portfolio_id}) { ($portfolio) = GEmySQL->get ("select * from portfolio where portfolio.id=$hashref->{portfolio_id}"); } =============== Question: how do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: onlinelearner02
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help understanding Perl code.

Well, I found myself trying to fix some Perl code (Ive never done any Perl in my life) and I pinpointed the place where the bug could be. But to be sure I have to know what does a few line of code mean: $files_lim =~ (/^\d*$/) $files_lim =~ (/^\d*h$/)$files_age =~ s/h//The code where this was... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedSpyder
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help understanding some Perl code.

Well, I found myself trying to fix some Perl code (Ive never done any Perl in my life) and I pinpointed the place where the bug could be. But to be sure I have to know what does a few line of code mean: $files_lim =~ (/^\d*$/) $files_lim =~ (/^\d*h$/) $files_age =~ s/h// The code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedSpyder
2 Replies

7. Programming

Understanding perl code

What is the difference between the two statements below? A: $a->{"$fruit"}->{"$color"}->{size} = $size B: $size = $a->{"$fruit"}->{"$color"}->{size} Please assist. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: onlinelearner02
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with perl code understanding

Hi, I need to understand below perl code, can some one advise me. perl -MDate::Parse -e'BEGIN{$main::now=time;$main::old=(time-60*30)}' -nE'if(/^(\w+\s+\d+\s+\d+:\d+:\d+)/) {$t=str2time $1; $t > $old && $t < $now && print}' (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: learnbash
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Understanding an example of perl map() function

Hello, I have many folders under which there is always a file with the same name, which contains the data I need to process later. A perl oneliner was borrowed perl -e 'print "gene_id\t", join("\t", map {/(.*)\//; $1} @ARGV),"\n";' *_test.trim/level.csvto make a header so that each column... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help understanding perl script

Hello, A former sys admin placed this script on one of our boxes and it needs to be adjusted, but I'm not familiar with perl. Can someone help break this down for me? I'm particularly interested in the -mtime function. What's the time frame being referenced here. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
5 Replies
SbThread(3)							       Coin							       SbThread(3)

NAME
SbThread - A class for managing threads. This class provides a portable framework around the tasks of instantiating, starting, stopping and joining threads. SYNOPSIS
#include <Inventor/threads/SbThread.h> Public Member Functions SbBool join (void **retval=0L) Static Public Member Functions static SbThread * create (void *(*func)(void *), void *closure) static void destroy (SbThread *thread) static SbBool join (SbThread *thread, void **retval=0L) Protected Member Functions SbThread (cc_thread *thrd) ~SbThread (void) Detailed Description A class for managing threads. This class provides a portable framework around the tasks of instantiating, starting, stopping and joining threads. It wraps the underlying native thread-handling toolkit in a transparent manner, to make multiplatform threads programming straightforward for the application programmer. Constructor &; Destructor Documentation SbThread::SbThread (cc_thread *thread) [inline], [protected] Protected constructor handling the internal thread ADT. See also: SbThread::create SbThread::~SbThread (void) [inline], [protected] Destructor. See also: SbThread::destroy Member Function Documentation static SbThread * SbThread::create (void *(*)(void *)func, void *closure) [inline], [static] This function creates a new thread, or returns NULL on failure. static void SbThread::destroy (SbThread *thread) [inline], [static] This function destroys a thread. int SbThread::join (void **retval = 0L) [inline] This function waits on the death of the given thread, returning the thread's return value at the location pointed to by retval. static int SbThread::join (SbThread *thread, void **retval = 0L) [inline], [static] This function waits on the death of the given thread, returning the thread's return value at the location pointed to by retval. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for Coin from the source code. Version 3.1.3 Wed May 23 2012 SbThread(3)