Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming C Programming.. Typecasting of structure pointers.. Post 302694583 by Priya Amaresh on Friday 31st of August 2012 04:32:32 AM
Old 08-31-2012
Thanks a lot.. This was the exact thing i was searching to do.. It really worked.. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying a Directory Structure to a new structure

Hi all Is it possible to copy a structure of a directory only. e.g. I have a file with the following entries that is a result of a find :- /dir1/dir2/file.dbf /dir1/dir2/dir3/file1.dbf /dir1/file.dbf I want to copy these to a directory and keep the structure however starting at a new dir... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhansrod
8 Replies

2. Programming

pointers

is this a valid c declaration int (*ptr(int *b)); plz explain... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: areef4u
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MV files from one directory structure(multiple level) to other directory structure

Hi, I am trying to write a script that will move all the files from source directory structure(multiple levels might exist) to destination directory structure. If a sub folder is source doesnot exist in destination then I have to skip and goto next level. I also need to delete the files in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srmadab
4 Replies

4. Programming

pointers

Hi I mash with pointers in C. I solve this problem about 5 hours and I don't know how I should continue. void InsertFirst (tList *L, int val) { tElemPtr new; if((new = malloc(sizeof(tElemPtr))) == NULL) Error(); new->data = val; new->ptr = L->frst; L->frst = new;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Milla
2 Replies

5. Programming

restricted pointers

Hi all. I am trying to use restricted pointers to allow the gcc compiler optimize the code, but I have not been able to make it work so far. I am testing with this code: #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <time.h> #include <sys/time.h> void vecmult(int n, int * restrict a, int... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: carl.alv
0 Replies

6. Programming

Search attributes in one structure using the values from another structure

Hello Groups I am trying to find out ways of comparing a value from a 'c' structure to a value in another 'C' structure. the 'C' structure can be a List or liked list as it contains lot many records. if we loop it in both the structures it is going to consume time. I am looking for a simple... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
3 Replies

7. Programming

Need help with the Pointers in C

I have a special character called ô. When it is declared as a character variable its showing it can be printed. But when it is declared as a character pointer variable its showing it cannot be printed. I am just wondering why its happening like this.. c1 = '@'; c2 = 'ô'; char *fp; fp="XXô"; if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sivakumar.rj
1 Replies

8. Programming

Pointer to pointers

Hi guys, I'm trying to understand pointers in C and made a simple example and I've problems with It. Can someone help? #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <assert.h> int f1(char **str_); int main(int argc, char **argv) { char *str = NULL; f1(&str); ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pharaoh
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Typecasting problem??

echo $verbiage "Nigeria","Can Nigeria succeed in their quest for a top 4 finish? Get daily Nigeria news, GOALS and LIVE Match updates for 30days at N200.Click Accept to SUBSCRIBE" but when i run this command sed 's/$/",$verbiage"/g' noverb.F5 I get below o/p ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
6 Replies

10. Programming

Pointers and array

Hello, I read from a book exercise for a challenge. How to print out each letter of char array a by two different pointers pa and ppa in the example? I have tried my code for letter "r" by testing without full understanding as only the first one worked. #include<stdio.h> int main() { char... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
17 Replies
vga_setchipsetandfeatures(3)					Svgalib User Manual				      vga_setchipsetandfeatures(3)

NAME
vga_setchipsetandfeatures - force chipset and optional parameters SYNOPSIS
#include <vga.h> void vga_setchipsetandfeatures(int chipset, int par1, int par2); DESCRIPTION
Force chipset, and optional parameters like the exact chipset type and the amount of video memory installed. This function works similar to vga_setchipset(3) and allows the same values for chipset. In addition you can pass additional parameters to the setup routine whose mean- ing heavily depend on the driver. You should only use this for debugging and if you know what you do, which is why we do not document any- thing more here. SEE ALSO
svgalib(7), vgagl(7), libvga.config(5), vgatest(6), vga_getcurrentchipset(3), vga_setchipset(3) AUTHOR
This manual page was edited by Michael Weller <eowmob@exp-math.uni-essen.de>. The exact source of the referenced function as well as of the original documentation is unknown. It is very likely that both are at least to some extent are due to Harm Hanemaayer <H.Hanemaayer@inter.nl.net>. Occasionally this might be wrong. I hereby asked to be excused by the original author and will happily accept any additions or corrections to this first version of the svgalib manual. Svgalib (>;= 1.2.11) 27 July 1997 vga_setchipsetandfeatures(3)