Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming C Programming.. Typecasting of structure pointers.. Post 302694583 by Priya Amaresh on Friday 31st of August 2012 04:32:32 AM
Old 08-31-2012
Thanks a lot.. This was the exact thing i was searching to do.. It really worked.. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying a Directory Structure to a new structure

Hi all Is it possible to copy a structure of a directory only. e.g. I have a file with the following entries that is a result of a find :- /dir1/dir2/file.dbf /dir1/dir2/dir3/file1.dbf /dir1/file.dbf I want to copy these to a directory and keep the structure however starting at a new dir... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhansrod
8 Replies

2. Programming

pointers

is this a valid c declaration int (*ptr(int *b)); plz explain... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: areef4u
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MV files from one directory structure(multiple level) to other directory structure

Hi, I am trying to write a script that will move all the files from source directory structure(multiple levels might exist) to destination directory structure. If a sub folder is source doesnot exist in destination then I have to skip and goto next level. I also need to delete the files in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srmadab
4 Replies

4. Programming

pointers

Hi I mash with pointers in C. I solve this problem about 5 hours and I don't know how I should continue. void InsertFirst (tList *L, int val) { tElemPtr new; if((new = malloc(sizeof(tElemPtr))) == NULL) Error(); new->data = val; new->ptr = L->frst; L->frst = new;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Milla
2 Replies

5. Programming

restricted pointers

Hi all. I am trying to use restricted pointers to allow the gcc compiler optimize the code, but I have not been able to make it work so far. I am testing with this code: #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <time.h> #include <sys/time.h> void vecmult(int n, int * restrict a, int... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: carl.alv
0 Replies

6. Programming

Search attributes in one structure using the values from another structure

Hello Groups I am trying to find out ways of comparing a value from a 'c' structure to a value in another 'C' structure. the 'C' structure can be a List or liked list as it contains lot many records. if we loop it in both the structures it is going to consume time. I am looking for a simple... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
3 Replies

7. Programming

Need help with the Pointers in C

I have a special character called ô. When it is declared as a character variable its showing it can be printed. But when it is declared as a character pointer variable its showing it cannot be printed. I am just wondering why its happening like this.. c1 = '@'; c2 = 'ô'; char *fp; fp="XXô"; if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sivakumar.rj
1 Replies

8. Programming

Pointer to pointers

Hi guys, I'm trying to understand pointers in C and made a simple example and I've problems with It. Can someone help? #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <assert.h> int f1(char **str_); int main(int argc, char **argv) { char *str = NULL; f1(&str); ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pharaoh
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Typecasting problem??

echo $verbiage "Nigeria","Can Nigeria succeed in their quest for a top 4 finish? Get daily Nigeria news, GOALS and LIVE Match updates for 30days at N200.Click Accept to SUBSCRIBE" but when i run this command sed 's/$/",$verbiage"/g' noverb.F5 I get below o/p ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
6 Replies

10. Programming

Pointers and array

Hello, I read from a book exercise for a challenge. How to print out each letter of char array a by two different pointers pa and ppa in the example? I have tried my code for letter "r" by testing without full understanding as only the first one worked. #include<stdio.h> int main() { char... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
17 Replies
msgb(9S)						    Data Structures for Drivers 						  msgb(9S)

NAME
msgb, mblk - STREAMS message block structure SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/stream.h> INTERFACE LEVEL
Architecture independent level 1 (DDI/DKI) DESCRIPTION
A STREAMS message is made up of one or more message blocks, referenced by a pointer to a msgb structure. The b_next and b_prev pointers are used to link messages together on a QUEUE. The b_cont pointer links message blocks together when a message consists of more than one block. Each msgb structure also includes a pointer to a datab(9S) structure, the data block (which contains pointers to the actual data of the message), and the type of the message. STRUCTURE MEMBERS
struct msgb *b_next; /* next message on queue */ struct msgb *b_prev; /* previous message on queue */ struct msgb *b_cont; /* next message block */ unsigned char *b_rptr; /* 1st unread data byte of buffer */ unsigned char *b_wptr; /* 1st unwritten data byte of buffer */ struct datab *b_datap; /* pointer to data block */ unsigned char b_band; /* message priority */ unsigned short b_flag; /* used by stream head */ Valid flags are as follows: MSGMARK Last byte of message is marked. MSGDELIM Message is delimited. The msgb structure is defined as type mblk_t. SEE ALSO
datab(9S) Writing Device Drivers STREAMS Programming Guide SunOS 5.10 11 Apr 1991 msgb(9S)