Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to extract info from text file between the tags Post 302694387 by igurv on Thursday 30th of August 2012 01:49:45 PM
Old 08-30-2012
Mountain Loin SED AWK..

Thanks..
I updated to Mountain Loin and SED and AWK are not workign for me...

Any fix for this?

Thanks
G

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Extract info

Anyone have a better idea to automate extraction of info like ... "uname" "ifconfig" "ps efl" "netstat -ao" etc. from several hundred aix, solaris, red hat boxes? without logging into each box and manually performing these tasks and dumping them to individual files? thanks for any input (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chm0dvii
1 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Parsing info from a text file into an IDL procedure

Hi, I hope this is appropriate for this forum. I have a text file (test.txt) that contains information that I would like to parse into an IDL procedure. Each line of the text file is either a number or a string, which will be a variable in my IDL procedure. Therefore I want to read each line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msb65
1 Replies

3. Programming

c program to extract text between two delimiters from some text file

needa c program to extract text between two delimiters from some text file. and then storing them in to diffrent variables ? text file like 0: abc.txt ========= aaaaaa|11111111|sssssssssss|333333|ddddddddd|34343454564|asass aaaaaa|11111111|sssssssssss|333333|ddddddddd|34343454564|asass... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kukretiabhi13
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to extract info from a file using awk

Dear all I have a file call interfaces.txt Filename: interfaces.txt How can I extract the information at below? ABC_DB_001 hostname1 20901 ABC_DB_002 hostname2 20903 ABC_DB_003 hostname3 20905 Currently I am using a very stupid method grep ^ABC interfaces.txt > name.txt grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: on9west
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract info from log file and compute using time date stamp

Looking for a shell script or a simple perl script . I am new to scripting and not very good at it . I have 2 directories . One of them holds a text file with list of files in it and the second one is a daily log which shows the file completion time. I need to co-relate both and make a report. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: breez_drew
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using AWK BEGIN to extract file header info into variables

Hi Folks, I've searched for this for quite a while, but can't find any solution - hope someone can help. I have various files with standard headers. eg. <HEADER> IP: 1.2.3.4 Username: Joe Time: 12:00:00 Date: 23/05/2010 </HEADER> This is a test and this part can be any size... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: damoske
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to extract the info in the tag from a xml file

Hi All, Do anyone of you have any idea how to extract each<info> tag to each different file. I have 1000 raw files, which come in every 15 mins.( I am using bash) I have tried my script as below, but it took hours to finish, which is inefficiency. perl -n -e '/^<info>/ and open FH,">file".$n++;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: natalie23
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract the day of the year and use that info to copy a file remotely

Hello, Thank you in advance for helping a newbie who is having great trouble with this simple task. I'm allowed to copy one file remotely each night due to bandwidth restrictions. A new file gets generated once a day, and I need to copy the previous day's file. Here is what I'd like to do:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tmozdzen
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP: Shell Script to read a Log file line by line and extract Info based on KEYWORDS matching

I have a LOG file which looks like this Import started at: Mon Jul 23 02:13:01 EDT 2012 Initialization completed in 2.146 seconds. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- Import summary for Import item: PolicyInformation... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: biztank
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract info from pings.?

Hi guys, new to this forum. I am currently trying to extract the times from pinging a domain and list the top 3 and then also do the opposite i.e. list the bottom 3. so if I had this as a ping result (the bold part is what I want): 64 bytes from 193.120.166.90: icmp_seq=10 ttl=128 time=34.8... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: acoding
5 Replies
GO-GET(1)						      General Commands Manual							 GO-GET(1)

NAME
go - tool for managing Go source code SYNOPSIS
go get [-a] [-d] [-fix] [-n] [-p n] [-u] [-v] [-x] [ packages ] DESCRIPTION
Get downloads and installs the packages named by the import paths, along with their dependencies. When checking out or updating a package, get looks for a branch or tag that matches the locally installed version of Go. The most important rule is that if the local installation is running version "go1", get searches for a branch or tag named "go1". If no such version exists it retrieves the most recent version of the package. OPTIONS
-a, -n, -v, -x, -p The -a, -n, -v, -x, and -p flags have the same meaning as in 'go build' and 'go install'. See go-build(1). -d The -d flag instructs get to stop after downloading the packages; that is, it instructs get not to install the packages. -fix The -fix flag instructs get to run the fix tool on the downloaded packages before resolving dependencies or building the code. -u The -u flag instructs get to use the network to update the named packages and their dependencies. By default, get uses the network to check out missing packages but does not use it to look for updates to existing packages. For more about specifying packages, see go-packages(7). For more about how 'go get' finds source code to download, see go-remote(7). SEE ALSO
go-build(1), go-install(1), go-clean(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Michael Stapelberg <stapelberg@debian.org>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). 2012-06-15 GO-GET(1)