Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix man command to find out month of the year? Post 302694357 by mirni on Thursday 30th of August 2012 12:28:23 PM
Old 08-30-2012
Code:
$ cal -m 11 1981

November 1981      
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa  
 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  
 8  9 10 11 12 13 14  
15 16 17 18 19 20 21  
22 23 24 25 26 27 28  
29 30

This User Gave Thanks to mirni For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use date command to find last month

#!/usr/bin/ksh Does anyone have a good way to set a variable to last month? For example, today is 20070810. I would like to use the date command to set a variable to last months %m code, which is 07. If I pluck this months value (08) and user expr to do simple math on it, it returns 7 (not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cbish68
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to get the last month and year in UNIX

how to get the last month and year in UNIx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vijay06
2 Replies

3. AIX

Convert unix timestamp to year month day format ?

Hello, How do I convert unix timestamp value to 'normal' date format - to get year month and day values ? Looks like it's easy to do using GNU date (linux systems). But how do I do tthis on AIX ? I don't want to write C program, any ways to do that using unix shells ? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vilius
1 Replies

4. Programming

Interval year to month

Hi, I'm working on a Informix4gl module. I'm just trying to find out any built-in function to fetch only the year/month from an INTERVAL YEAR TO MONTH data value. Please let me know, if there are any functions to do this. If not, let me know for any alternative solutions to attain this. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvah
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to get last year and month from the file

Hi I have files like abc_cd_20110302_123423 abc_cd_ef_20110301_123423 abc_cd_ef_20110403_123423 abc_ef_20110401_123423 I want to extract the the year and month associated with each file. I tried logfileyearmonth=`echo $logfile | awk -F_'{print $NF}'` Any other way can I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass current year and month in FOR LOOP in UNIX shell scripting?

Hi Team, I have created a script and using FOR LOOP like this and it is working fine. for Month in 201212 201301 201302 201303 do echo "Starting the statistics gathering of $Month partitions " done But in my scripts the " Month " variable is hard-coded. Can you please any one... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoan
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find all files for same month and year?

Hi All, I find all files for same month and year lets say there are following files in directory -rwxr-xr-x 1 user userg 1596 Mar 19 2012 c.txt -rwxr-xr-x 1 user userg 1596 Mar 21 2012 d.txt -rwxr-xr-x 1 user userg 1596 Mar 22 2012 f.txt -rwxr-xr-x 1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Makarand Dodmis
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find all files other than first two dates & last date per month and year?

how to find all files other than first two dates & last date per month and year Hi All, lets say there are following files in directory -rwxr-xr-x 1 user userg 1596 Mar 19 2012 a.txt -rwxr-xr-x 1 user userg 1596 Mar 19 2012 b.txt -rwxr-xr-x 1 user userg ... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find all files other than last two dates per month and year?

Hi All, lets say there are following files in directory -rwxr-xr-x 1 user userg 1596 Mar 19 2012 a.txt -rwxr-xr-x 1 user userg 1596 Mar 19 2012 b.txt -rwxr-xr-x 1 user userg 1596 Mar 22 2012 c.txt -rwxr-xr-x 1 user userg 1596 Mar 24 2012 d.txt... (16 Replies)
16 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)