Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script to check files if exist else touch the file Post 302694281 by CarloM on Thursday 30th of August 2012 10:34:20 AM
Old 08-30-2012
What is the expr for? If you want to loop around all those files you could use:
for i in subscriber promplan mapping dedicatedaccount faflistSub faflistAcc accumulator pam_account
(without quotes)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Have a shell script check for a file to exist before processing another file

I have a shell script that runs all the time looking for a certain type of file and then it processes the file through a series of other scripts. The script is watching a directory that has files uploaded to it via SFTP. It already checks the size of the file to make sure that it is not still... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: heprox
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check a file exist and do a copy of other files

Hi, I would like to perform bash which would check the file A.txt to be size 0 or not. If the size is 0, I would copy file B.txt to replace A.txt. Please help. Thanks. -Jason (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Script to check file exist and compare

I need a script that will check for the existence of new files that FTP'd in the morning, results go to log file. The 2nd step is to compare the new file with the previous days file. If the new file size is 30% or more smaller in size then previous day this needs to also be sent to log. This... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rbknisely
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check path exist or not in UNIX shell script

UNIX Shell Script I'm in /home/suneel dirctory in that directory need to check for a path for example com/src/resources If Path exists need to copy the files from one directory If path not exist need to create the folders and copy the files UNIX shell script help required (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suneelc
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file and if it doesnt exist , exit script

Hi, Another problem, here is my code #!/bin/sh dir='/opt/apps/script/CSV' datadir='/opt/apps/script/data' while : ; do ls -1rt $dir/*.csv > /dev/null 2>&1 if ;then cp $datadir/weekly.txt $dir/weekly.csv else exit 0 fi done (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: tententen
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a shell script to extract the files from source file and check whether those files existonserve

Hi, I am new to shell scripting.Please help me on this.I am using solaris 10 OS and shell i am using is # echo $0 -sh My requirement is i have source file say makefile.I need to extract files with extensions (.c |.cxx |.h |.hxx |.sc) from the makefile.after doing so i need to check whether... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Verifying if a file exist (script shell)

Hello, This is my code: nb_lignes=`wc -l $1 | cut -d " " -f1` for i in $(seq $(($nb_lignes - 1)) ) do machine=`head $1 -n $i | tail -1` machine1=`head $1 -n $nb_lignes | tail -1` ssh root@$machine -x " scp /home/file.txt root@$machine1:/home && rm -r /home/file.txt" done fi ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for a file and touch if not exist

Hi, I've a situation where i need to check for the file existence and create a zero byte file based on the parameter,in some cases i need to touch and in some case i dont need to touch with zero byte file please help me on parameterizing this touch command?? Regards. San (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep karna
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Shell Script to touch a file

our requirement is that we need to create a touch file on 2 4 and 7 th working day of the each month ... If the days falls on saturday/sunday, the touch file should be created on next working day. We are currently on Red hat 6.5 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tradingspecial
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to check a file and delete old files

Hello, I needed help with a shell script where in it checks if a file exists under a directory and also checks the age of the file and delete it if it is older than 3 weeks. thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: hasn318
10 Replies
foreach(3tcl)						       Tcl Built-In Commands						     foreach(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
foreach - Iterate over all elements in one or more lists SYNOPSIS
foreach varname list body foreach varlist1 list1 ?varlist2 list2 ...? body _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The foreach command implements a loop where the loop variable(s) take on values from one or more lists. In the simplest case there is one loop variable, varname, and one list, list, that is a list of values to assign to varname. The body argument is a Tcl script. For each element of list (in order from first to last), foreach assigns the contents of the element to varname as if the lindex command had been used to extract the element, then calls the Tcl interpreter to execute body. In the general case there can be more than one value list (e.g., list1 and list2), and each value list can be associated with a list of loop variables (e.g., varlist1 and varlist2). During each iteration of the loop the variables of each varlist are assigned consecutive values from the corresponding list. Values in each list are used in order from first to last, and each value is used exactly once. The total number of loop iterations is large enough to use up all the values from all the value lists. If a value list does not contain enough elements for each of its loop variables in each iteration, empty values are used for the missing elements. The break and continue statements may be invoked inside body, with the same effect as in the for command. Foreach returns an empty string. EXAMPLES
This loop prints every value in a list together with the square and cube of the value: set values {1 3 5 7 2 4 6 8} ;# Odd numbers first, for fun! puts "Value Square Cube" ;# Neat-looking header foreach x $values { ;# Now loop and print... puts " $x [expr {$x**2}] [expr {$x**3}]" } The following loop uses i and j as loop variables to iterate over pairs of elements of a single list. set x {} foreach {i j} {a b c d e f} { lappend x $j $i } # The value of x is "b a d c f e" # There are 3 iterations of the loop. The next loop uses i and j to iterate over two lists in parallel. set x {} foreach i {a b c} j {d e f g} { lappend x $i $j } # The value of x is "a d b e c f {} g" # There are 4 iterations of the loop. The two forms are combined in the following example. set x {} foreach i {a b c} {j k} {d e f g} { lappend x $i $j $k } # The value of x is "a d e b f g c {} {}" # There are 3 iterations of the loop. SEE ALSO
for(3tcl), while(3tcl), break(3tcl), continue(3tcl) KEYWORDS
foreach, iteration, list, looping Tcl foreach(3tcl)