Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] Fetching logs of last few days from logfile Post 302694151 by delugeag on Thursday 30th of August 2012 08:01:58 AM
Old 08-30-2012
If you want to compare Aug to Sep you have to translate month name to number. For example this awk will print all line after the 2012 Jul 04 (you have to complete the associative array with all months):
Code:
awk 'BEGIN {  month["Jun"]="06";month["Jul"]="07";month["Aug"]="08" } {date=$1 month[$2] $3 } date > 20120704' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to archive logs older than 5 days & then delete them?

My code is tar -cvf logs.tar `find /usr/openv/logs/512*.log -mtime +2` && find *.log* -mtime +2 -exec rm {} \; this gives me output as: tar: Missing filenames:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: timus1980
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete last 10 days logs

Hi Can u please tell me how to delete last 10 days logs .. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pb18798
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logs access in windows fetching the data from a unix server

How I can get the logs that are getting stored in specific location in unix server through an Apache web server installed in unix server? Requirement is to access the logs through the URL in windows browser without any access. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alvida
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove the logs more than 5 days old

All, How to remove the logs that are more than 5 days old from a particular folder. Help will be highly appreciated. Regards Oracle User (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Oracle_User
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To delete logs older than 30 days

I want to write a shell script that deletes all log files in a directory that are older than 30 days except for 3 files: I am using the following command: find /tmp/logs -name "*.log" -mtime +30 -exec rm -f {} \;But this command deletes all the log files. How can i modify this script that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmunir
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete logs older than 60 days

i am using HP-UX OS...... delete logs older than 60 days find -mtime +60 | grep -i '.*log' | xargs rm -mtime is nt available in HP-UX, pls tell me other option ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Remove file older than 90 days

I have crontab job a tar file to a directory ( tar -cvf /tmp/backup/or.`date +%m%d%y`. /ora/db/* ) , it will do it every day . Now I don't want to keep too much files , I just want to keep the file for 90 days , can advise if I want to remove the backup file which are elder than 90 days , can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ust3
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logs from logfile

Hi Team, Have to write a shell script to pick only 1 hr logs from the generated logfile and send it to other logfile. Thanks & Regards, Indu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira_s
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting 3 days old logs from a directory

As i am working in unix environment so i have an logs that is created by my application at the following location that is /opt/app/glac/current/servers/ops/logs inside the logs directory there are different kinds of logs(that is the file having extension as .log ) have been created... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 2015nks
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetching timestamps from the logs.

Dear Experts, I need some help to get the time stamps from the Unix logs. Basically I am want to analyze which step is taking more time. Please give me some inputs. Thanks a lot for your help. I have got different codes for each for phase as we can see in the logs 00002 – UPDT Starting... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth38
5 Replies
FAXCRON(8C)															       FAXCRON(8C)

NAME
faxcron - HylaFAX routine maintenance script SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/faxcron [ -n ] [ -l lastrun ] DESCRIPTION
faxcron is a command script that does routine upkeep tasks in a HylaFAX spooling directory hierarchy. This script is intended to be invoked from cron(8C) on behalf of the fax user (often the ``fax'' user is uucp) once a day, with the standard output sent by mail to the HylaFAX administrator. For example, the following crontab might be set up for the fax user: 25 23 * * * sh /usr/sbin/faxcron | mail FaxMaster The faxcron script does the following work: o report statistics for facsimile transmitted since the last time faxcron was run. o report statistics for facsimile transmitted in the past week. o report statistics for facsimile received since the last time faxcron was run. o report statistics for facsimile received in the past week. o report any recent calls that failed suspiciously and return the associated trace log; o purge data that is 30 days or older from the remote machine information directory; o delete information that is 30 days or older from session trace log files; o remove files from the tmp directory that are older than 1 day; o remove files in the received facsimile queue that are 7 days or older; o report sites that are currently having jobs rejected; and o force all session log files to be owned by the fax user and kept with protection mode 644. OPTIONS
-n Forces faxcron to run without updating any files. -l lastrun Forces the notion of the last time that faxcron was run to be lastrun. The value of lastrun is a date and time string of the form ``MM/DD/YY HH:MM'' (the date(1) format string ``%D %H:%M''). -info n Set the expiration time for data in the info database to be n days. -log n Set the expiration time for session log data to be n days. -rcv n Set the expiration time for files in the received facsimile queue to be n days. -tmp n Set the expiration time for files in the tmp directory to be n days. -mode m Set the file protection mode for session logs to m (a command line argument to chmod(1)). NOTES
This script requires nawk(1) or gawk(1) and a date(1) program that supports the ``+format'' option. If session logs are to be kept private this script must be modified to filter out sensitive information such as calling card numbers. (It should also be run with ``-mode 0600'' so that session log files are not publicly readable.) FILES
/var/spool/fax spooling area /var/spool/fax/etc/lastrun timestamp of last run /usr/sbin/xferfaxstats for generating transmit statistics /usr/sbin/recvstats for generating receive statistics /var/spool/fax/tmp/faxcronXXXX temporary file for truncating session logs /var/spool/fax/tmp/faxlogXXXX temporary file for logs of failed calls SEE ALSO
cron(8C), faxq(8C), faxgetty(8C), faxsend(8C), xferfaxstats(8C), recvstats(8C), hylafax-server(5F) May 12, 1996 FAXCRON(8C)