Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Adding a new column to an existing one Post 302694081 by elixir_sinari on Thursday 30th of August 2012 06:35:30 AM
Old 08-30-2012
Code:
cut -f2 -d' ' file2|paste -d' ' file1 -

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

SMF - Adding instances to existing manifest

I have a default, sun supplied, apache2 install on solaris10. It's running fine, everything's great. I'm looking to add another instance, fairly happy with how to do that apart from one thing - the SMF manifest. Can i just edit the XML file sun supplied for the default apache2 and add in details... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: craigp84
2 Replies

2. Solaris

adding existing disks to a 3510 array

I would like to extend a logical drive on our 3510. I have four unallocated disks which I would like to use for this purpose. The 3510 supports a Sun Cluster but for now all I wish to see is a "new" disk when I run format. I am a little familiar with the telnet/ssh session on the 3510 but am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malcqv
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding header to an existing file

Dear All, I need to add a header of one line to an already existing file. I know that it can be achieved by the following: echo "Header" > newfile cat file1 >> newfile But my problem is that file is huge and there is no space for creating a new file every time. Is there a way that I can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shash
5 Replies

4. Linux

Adding space to existing mount

I am on Red Hat Linux 4.7. I am getting this error message: Preparing... ########################################### You have insufficient diskspace in the destination directory (/usr/lib) to install xxxxxxxxxxxxx. The installation requires at least 1.5 GB free on this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxh461
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding file to an existing tar

Hi Friends, I want to know the command to add a new file in a existing tar file. For Ex: I have a tar file file1.tar with the contents one.txt two.txt three.txt Now I need to add file four.txt to this existing tar file, how can I do it? Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manii
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding new fields to an existing layout

Hi Everybody, I have an layout file like below f1 1 char 10, f2 11 char 2, f3 13 char 1, lineend 14 char 1 Their I need to add a new field which would be like f5 char 3, f6 char 2 The o/p should be f1 1 char 10, f2 11 char 2, f3 13 char 1, f5 14 char 3, f6 17 char 2 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manii
3 Replies

7. Web Development

Adding a Web Calendar to an existing Groupware

Hi All, I have an existing groupware consisting of postfix,dovecot,openldap and webmail(RoundCube). But It lacks a shared calendar. Can someone advise how can I implement a calendar in my groupware ? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolatt
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding New Selections to the existing Script

Hi.... i have two scripts called: "type" & "selecttype". In "type" i have only the name of the products ex.: product1 & product2. Now, i have to ADD product3 which includes sub categories: productA, productB, productC, productD, productE, productF. so my New type script (menu) looks as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Netrock
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a new column in a file with other existing columns

Hi All , Kindly help me with this soln awk '{printf "%s %7s \n", $1,$c}' infile where value of variable c I am externally giving input But executing the above command shows all the columns of infile where as I want only 1st column of infile and 2nd column should print value c (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching column then append to existing File as new column

Good evening I have the below requirements, as I am not an experts in Linux/Unix and am looking for your ideas how I can do this. I have file called file1 and file2. I need to get the second column which is text1_random_alphabets and find that in file 2, if it's exists then print the 3rd... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mychbears
4 Replies